PDA

View Full Version : Crowds disappoint brown dog and I(fishin)

02-21-2002, 05:56 PM
Temps in 40's today and brown dog and I decide to get in an hr or two on the river. Pull into the parking lot and theres a car. Oh well we're a few miles from a super Wal Mart so what the heck. Maybe I'll get lucky and they went the other way. No such luck. I see a fisherman and approach within 100 yds and wait. See some fish rising ahead and wait for him to move upstream. No such luck. Brown dogs running all over the place having a blast. We go downstream, no risers. Time to go, hike back to the lot and there's another car. Glad I didn't run into them. Taking off my gear and another vehicle pulls in. I'm besides myself. I guess I'll never get used to the crowds. I yearn for the old days.

Still I enjoyed. Better than town. Feel strong enough to put in a few hrs at the card room tonite.

02-21-2002, 06:06 PM
My dog would have taken care of the crowd by totally ruining the other guy's fishing experience. I'll ship him up and you can plead ignorance if you need an offensive weapon to clear people out.

02-22-2002, 01:11 AM
Ed,

buddy of mine tied up a four inch night crawler imitation for just this type of occasion. planted it in a styrofoam container and pulled it out in front of (but far away from) some guys that were crowding him. Then started dapping with his fly rod. the crowds moved away muttering about bait fisherman, and all of a sudden the run wasn't getting crowded anymore.

02-22-2002, 02:33 AM
hope you run into another crowd tonight at the tip and they all want to give you there money. i wouldn't have taken the night off if i knew you were coming in. maybe see you this weekend and post a response and tell me how your night was, hopefully as good if not better than your day.

02-22-2002, 03:48 PM