PDA

View Full Version : Min Reraise an big tell at the $11s? (they're holding a monster?)

10-12-2005, 08:04 AM
Hello all,

I would like to ask the people that have played hundreds and perhaps thousands of 11s or 22s. Is it just me, or do AA and KK min reraise all the time? Say I have AQ, level 2, Raise to 4xbb from middle position, and someone in late position reraises to 7xbb. Anytime someone reraises less than I raised in the first place, I get EXTREMELY cautious.

Anybody else noticed this tell, or am I way off base.

-Grant

Lucid1
10-12-2005, 08:26 AM
You're right /images/graemlins/smile.gif

In the 11s and 22s sometimes the other guy might have A9 or QJ too, because he thinks those are pretty good hands /images/graemlins/wink.gif

But minireraises like that in the first 2 levels usually screams AA or KK (highly likely), and at worst QQ, JJ or AK (less likely)

Either way you should fold your AQ when this happens /images/graemlins/smile.gif

zambonidrivr
10-12-2005, 09:11 AM
min raising aces or kings in the first 2 levels is retarded! call with your small pairs and knock them out with your set.

Cactus Jack
10-12-2005, 09:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
min raising aces or kings in the first 2 levels is retarded! call with your small pairs and knock them out with your set.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

At higher levels, from what I've been told, a min raise in EP is usually AA or KK. Min raises at the 11s and 22s don't tell you chit in the early levels. (The first couple of times a guy does it, anyway. The third time, he's a fish.) I'd make 'em for a fish, the first time. But not with AQ. Fold. Put the evil eye on him, and wait for a better chance to call with your 55-TT and bust him with your set.

CJ

Lucid1
10-12-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Min raises at the 11s and 22s don't tell you chit in the early levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

A miniraise in itself doesn't mean anything, but a preflop mini-REraise sure means something - unless the first raise was a miniraise (to 30 in level 1 or 60 in level 2).

Of course there are some clowns at the lower levels who reraises with crap, but you should definitely be worried when you see a "real" reraise preflop even in the 11s/22s.

Both fish and sharks reraise preflop with AA and KK.

I've played tons of 11s/22s/33s (I'm now in the 55s) and that's what my experience tells me, anyway.

Personally I look at the size of the reraise too, before determining how to proceed.

A very small reraise often means that the guy is a bad player (because he's giving odds for smaller pairs to hit sets) or that he has AK and wants to be fancy.

A "correct" reraise is scarier.

Anyway, I think we might be talking about different things here.

I agree that a miniraise (to 15 in level 1 and 30 in level 2) is retarded /images/graemlins/wink.gif

A real preflop reraise with AA and KK is not... (although often going all-in is better, and sometimes just calling is good against a good player)

Oh well.