PDA

View Full Version : AK capped with rag flop

10-12-2005, 04:48 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
This can't be right. What should my line be?

10-12-2005, 05:07 AM
By the way UTG+1 is betting it's very reasonable he's got a high pair, most likely QQ-JJ, although KK-AA is a possibility as well.

Preflop: Fine

Flop: Fine, you're getting 10.5-1 and you probably have 6+1.5 outs.

Turn: Now you can be pretty sure that UTG+1 is on a high pair so calling here is marginal, but I would still do it if there was a slim chance that I would see a free showdown.

River: Fold.

10-12-2005, 05:27 AM
This is read dependent but my standard line is how you played it.

jakbse
10-12-2005, 05:29 AM
pre-flop is fine, I'd say a big pp is villians most likely holding.
Flop call: I'd consider this as 4,5 outer which is enough to call. When we not improve on the turn I'd fold, actually I'd rather raise that flop with the purpose to see if villian has a made hand or if it's just a continuation bet with overs. I'f he 3-bets the flop I'd fold the turn, if he just call I might have a chance to see the river for free since I have position.

10-12-2005, 05:42 AM
*Grunch*

I would have folded on the turn UI. Although the PF cap makes a good size pot on the flop, for me, the pot isn't quite big enough to continue calling onthe turn. I think we need at least two pair to call and that won't be possible after the turn. We are at a pot equity disadvantage and don't have the pot/implied odds to call with only one opponent.

10-12-2005, 06:40 AM
I raise the flop. If three-bet, I call and fold the turn UI. If the villain is an ultra-LAG, I take the line you took.

10-12-2005, 06:48 AM
Do you take the free card on the turn if villain calls your 3-bet or do you bet the turn and check the river through?

POKhER
10-12-2005, 07:42 AM
What made you call river? I put him on Overpair but you didn't mention any reads so im definatly folding the river UI.

Fantam
10-12-2005, 08:01 AM
I dont think that 3-betting the flop is the answer in this hand. If UTG has a high pocket pair and he decides to call your flop 3-bet, he is then in a good position to gain extra bets from you on the turn and river by check/calling and check/raising.

If UTG has reasonable preflop capping standards, then his probable hand range might be AA-QQ and AKs. You are dominated by AA-KK and only chopping with AKs. QQ is the only likely hand that you have a decent flop draw against.

So I think that I would probably just call the flop bet in this reasonable sized pot, but fold to the larger turn bet unimproved.

tiltaholic
10-12-2005, 08:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (5.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

hello

there is no way to know how to play this hand unless you provide a read on your opponent.

with your line if you call the turn, folding the river is bad.

10-12-2005, 09:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont think that 3-betting the flop is the answer in this hand. If UTG has a high pocket pair and he decides to call your flop 3-bet, he is then in a good position to gain extra bets from you on the turn and river by check/calling and check/raising.

If UTG has reasonable preflop capping standards, then his probable hand range might be AA-QQ and AKs. You are dominated by AA-KK and only chopping with AKs. QQ is the only likely hand that you have a decent flop draw against.

So I think that I would probably just call the flop bet in this reasonable sized pot, but fold to the larger turn bet unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think investing an extra SB on the flop to better define the villain's hand, and possibly get a free look at the river is reasonable against most. I check behind on the turn (folding to a bet). I still like the the OP's line against a major LAG (WA/WB?).

I've spent the last few days playing SH and have run into some serious LAGs, and am working on toning down my own aggression as well, so that might have something to do with my preferred LAG-ish flop raise.

10-12-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hello

there is no way to know how to play this hand unless you provide a read on your opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if this is a newbie question, but why is calling the turn and folding the river UI so terrible? I might have a leak here. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

tiltaholic
10-12-2005, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hello

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if this is a newbie question, but why is calling the turn and folding the river UI so terrible? I might have a leak here. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not a newbie question at all.
the way i think about it is this way (and i'm no expert but i think it is correct):

if we're calling the turn bet must must be doing so because we feel AK unimproved is the best hand now. we can't be calling the turn bet drawing to an A or K because we don't have the odds and we also have no reason to think villian won't bet the river. nothing changes on the river and if AK unimproved was the best hand on the turn then we need to call the river bet.

krimson
10-12-2005, 10:50 AM
He capped. Unless you have a read that this guy is over-aggressive, this is typically QQ-AA and AK. We're basically calling down hoping to split? I think you should fold the turn u/i as your up against a big pair more often than your up against an AQ.