PDA

View Full Version : No more RB for new accounts at Pokershare?

10-12-2005, 03:40 AM
I signed up under an affiliate for Pokershare on Oct. 8th. Today my affiliate informed me that all Pokershare accounts opened after Oct. 7th are not eligible for rakeback.

Is this a new Pokershare policy or does it have to do with my affiliate?

Matt24
10-12-2005, 03:43 AM
I believe everything is still okay there. Affiliates just can't use the term rakeback openly just like Party/Empire. They made that announcement on Oct 6th.

TCBSTEVE
10-12-2005, 08:48 AM
I sent a email to Max Wright, poker manager at Pokershare. Per him,if you signed up for rakeback before they stopped taking anyone new,you'll continue getting paid. My affiliate shows my updated stats for Pokershare everyday.

stoxtrader
10-12-2005, 08:52 AM
the officially discontinued it on oct. 6th.

it is unclear how they are handling sign-ups from after that date.

10-12-2005, 11:16 AM
As far as I'm aware you can still get it. PM me if you want me to be your pimp.

pshabi
10-12-2005, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally untrue. The program stopped October 6. Anyone who signed up before got grandfathered in. After that, no rb.

10-12-2005, 11:58 AM
Oh

Well, my affiliate let's me refer other people. I took that to mean that they then get rakeback, but I guess they mean by 'refer', they are offered something else, I dunno

tansoku
10-12-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally untrue. The program stopped October 6. Anyone who signed up before got grandfathered in. After that, no rb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I just signed up yesterday for pokershare RB.
The Affiliate is one of the main ones on the review page but I have no experience with them..
Have to find out the details.
Anybody know if you can close an existing UB account, wait a month or some period of time and then sign up for a new account with RB??

Etaipo
10-12-2005, 12:40 PM
Here's my situation...

Got an email RE: rakeback on pokershare a few weeks back, but did not act on it.

Decided to do it the night before last. AFTER signing up, I realize that it now says "accts created after the 7th are not eligible for rakeback".

Then, last night, i get an email from another affiliate, again, offering rakeback on pokershare.

I do not know if it's legit or not. I abandoned the account after creating it. I just emailed them asking them to close the account so I could resign up. Don't know if they will or not.

teddyFBI
10-12-2005, 12:53 PM
I spoke to the affiliate manager there yesterday. He told me that RB is now prohibited on PokerShare and that any affiliate advertising it will be summarily shut down. He acknowledged, though, that there is little that can be done to stop affiliates from hooking up their players under the table.

But advertise in public, and you will be shut down. You also risk being shut down even if you do it all on the down-low. I had a scumbag email me about RB for a site at which at was prohibited and then promptly turned me to that site's affiliate manager who gave me a [censored]-talk.

10-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Ok, I've worked it out with my affiliate, so people can stop PMing me with RB offers now. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Exsubmariner
10-12-2005, 06:47 PM
Hi Ron,
I signed up through one of two affiliates listed at rakerebate review on the 9th. Curiously enough the statement about the OCT 7th cutoff date wasn't posted on his site anywhere. Nor was it there Monday or Tuesday. I read your post, log in to check, and BAM, just like magic, the statement is there.

Can you please PM me and tell me what your affiliate said. I don't really feel like waiting the 72 hours a swamped affiliate is going to take to reply to the WTF e-mail I sent.

I swear if I get get screwed over this, the only action he will see is me clearing my new account bonus. He can forget about any future accounts I may be opening being under him.

X