PDA

View Full Version : So I'm HU with TT...

DavidC
10-12-2005, 03:21 AM
This was at a decent 2/4 table on party, although you wouldn't think it from the preflop action.

---

I'm UTG with T /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

I raise, it's folded to the BB, who calls.

The BB is 17/10/2.2 over 50 hands or so...

I'm playing n tables right now, such that n is a number greater than the number at which I can take good reads on opponents, so this one is going to have to be done by the stats alone. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

--------

4.5 SB, heads up.
Flop: J /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

He checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn: 3.25 BB, heads up: 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

He checks, I bet, he raises... 6.25 BB in the pot.

---------------------------------------------

What do I do?

--Dave.

jaxUp
10-12-2005, 03:22 AM
call, and call the river UI.

cold_cash
10-12-2005, 03:28 AM
Calling the turn raise seems automatic with your redraw.

The real question is what are you going to do on the river when you don't catch?

DavidC
10-12-2005, 03:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Calling the turn raise seems automatic with your redraw.

The real question is what are you going to do on the river when you don't catch?

[/ QUOTE ]

Crapdamn...

I have a tendancy to three-bet, and call down if capped.

aces_dad
10-12-2005, 03:37 AM
I'd rather call and try to fill up cheaply / go to showdown cheaply if I don't than 3bet that turn.

His stats are little scary to think he has at worst 2 pair and good chance he has a straight.

10-12-2005, 05:00 AM
Call him down.

10-12-2005, 05:02 AM
Generally they say to call or check when you have many outs and bet/raise when you have only a few outs and can fold to a raise/cap.

10-12-2005, 05:19 AM
Grunch

The hand sucks but you cant fold a set HU here. So call down.

SlantNGo
10-12-2005, 09:34 AM
Anyone think about checking the turn and calling a river bet/betting the river if he checks? Or are we giving up too much value?

10-12-2005, 09:43 AM
* grunch *

Call. Heads up you are one opponent short of being able to make a profitable raise here. Against a "by-the-book" player you are slightly less than even money to win on the river so just call. There are a lot of hands that he would have cold called preflop then flat called on the flop (I am including hands he might have cold-called preflop then slow-played postflop like Q9s and 88, but excluding hands like AA, KK, QQ, JJ, and AK that properly would have been raised preflop from the big blind). A case for a raise could be made on based implied odds if you thought that your opponent would pay off a check raise or raise to a bet when the board pairs on the river. More likely though, a raise on the turn would be just another reason for a thinking opponent to slow down on the river.