View Full Version : Is there a God? - A good ol' fashion poll

ZeeJustin
10-12-2005, 02:36 AM

daryn
10-12-2005, 02:49 PM
wiccan

tolbiny
10-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Where is the- yes the is a god, for i am he, but i exist on faith alone, and if i was to reveal myself i would disapear option?

10-12-2005, 04:14 PM
You can tell the OP believes in "God". /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Like this:

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a wicken or I practice some other crazy religion which worships something other than a god.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP asked if you believed in "God"... then this choice says "other than a god". Obviously, there are multitudes of "gods" that are worshiped by various religions. My first response to anyone asking if I belive in "God" would be: "Please define 'God'."

Rduke55
10-12-2005, 04:29 PM
It's spelled "wiccan"
I'm putting a curse on you now.

I'm kidding, they're wackjobs.

Rduke55
10-12-2005, 04:29 PM
Sorry Daryn. You beat me to it.

ZeeJustin
10-13-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You can tell the OP believes in "God".

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.

brassnuts
10-13-2005, 05:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm just not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how you threw this in there. It's exactly how my thought process went while reading the choices. And, that's my answer.

Honestly, I've just started really questioning it lately, after a long time of simply being agnostic. Sometimes, I think I feel something. But, then I realize that it's quite possibly just my own brain, some chemical reaction causing me to feel a certain way. So, of course, I remain pretty much agnostic (points toward poll answer.) Anyways, I'm conflicted to say the least. If I feel something, I feel it. It's my perception. I should trust it. But, then again, I'm also aware that the brain is very very complicated. And, who's to say what's going on in there?

Not too long ago, I had a epiphany about faith. It had been quite obvious to me, yet after going unnoticed for so long, it slapped me in the face. Your existance, your life, your reality is what you make of it. If you want to believe in God, then you live in a world with God. If you choose not to belive, well, then you live in a world without God. Right now, I don't believe. But, in many ways I want to.

Editted for excessive use of commas while stoned.

Indiana
10-13-2005, 11:53 AM
Big bangs create dustballs, not intelligent, complex, cell-phone using, poker-playing humans. It perplexes me how people think there could be no god. But then again, it perplexes me how 3 million people believe in mormonism and how 1 billion believe in Islam. People are dumb, and that's how we make so much $ i guess.

Indy

purnell
10-13-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Big bangs create dustballs, not intelligent, complex, cell-phone using, poker-playing humans. It perplexes me how people think there could be no god. But then again, it perplexes me how 3 million people believe in mormonism and how 1 billion believe in Islam. People are dumb, and that's how we make so much $ i guess.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether this is a joke or not, it's the funniest thing I've read in weeks. Thanks.

bocablkr
10-13-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether this is a joke or not, it's the funniest thing I've read in weeks. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, I think he is serious and that is very sad.

chezlaw
10-13-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His conclusion is correct though, which is very not sad.

chez

bocablkr
10-13-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

chez

[/ QUOTE ] Big bangs create dustballs, not intelligent, complex, cell-phone using, poker-playing humans. It perplexes me how people think there could be no god.

Chez - you agree with that conclusion????

chezlaw
10-13-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

chez

[/ QUOTE ] Big bangs create dustballs, not intelligent, complex, cell-phone using, poker-playing humans. It perplexes me how people think there could be no god.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this one.
[ QUOTE ]
People are dumb, and that's how we make so much $.

[/ QUOTE ]

10-13-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Big bangs create dustballs,

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey! Who you callin a dustball?!? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
It perplexes me how people think there could be no god. But then again, it perplexes me how 3 million people believe in mormonism and how 1 billion believe in Islam. People are dumb, and that's how we make so much $ i guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

It perplexes me how most religious people think THEIR beliefs are true, and all those other religious beliefs are stupid. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

It reminds me of the recent "Evolution Schmevolution" series on The Today Show w/ Jon Stewart. One episode he goes through several creation myths... telling how absurd they were.. various gods and/or animals... doing various things to create the world. Geez. How absurd. Then he says:

[ QUOTE ]
“But the rise of Christianity brought a new creation story to the fore: in six days man was formed from a lump of clay and woman sprung fourth from man’s rib. It just made sense.”

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bocablkr
10-13-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this one.
[ QUOTE ]
People are dumb, and that's how we make so much $.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad - I guess conclusion would be the last sentence.

10-13-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can tell the OP believes in "God".

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies, then. :|