PDA

View Full Version : Time for another S.F. Bay Area 2+2 get2gether ????

TJSWAN
05-27-2003, 08:12 PM
I'm in San Mateo and willing/able to host up to 12 or so.
Conveniently located off Hwy 92 between 101 & 280. Was thinking of a Saturday afternoon in June. Start at 1-2:00 w/ 2/4 or 3/6 HE till 7:00, dinner break and more HE, maybe do a $40 buy-in NLHE tourney?!?!. Open to suggestions. PM me with dates if really interested or post general questions. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

DanS
05-27-2003, 09:32 PM
Hell yeah! Make it a barbeque and I'm there. A $20-50 NLHE tourney sounds great, I think you could draw a crowd. I can vouch for bad beetz, Ulysses, and haakee being good guys, and your place sounds pretty equidistant to where everybody lives. Let me know here or PM if people express interest.

Dan

P.S. You might want to PM a bunch of people. Jen, m2d, softrock, MD, diamonddave, etc. There's a ton of bay area people.

jen
05-28-2003, 01:18 AM
Hey, sorry Dan. I missed that last 2+2 gathering, because I was out of town. I don't know about that Ulysses character either... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Any of you 2+2ers play the AJs NLHE tourneys on Sunday nights?

haakee
05-29-2003, 02:28 PM
I would be up for it. My Saturdays in June at this point look free, although that may change. I know bad beetz is out of town on the 7th. He's probably likely to show up if he is in town. I'd probably prefer 2/4 HE since I don't think I'm any better off than about 0EV against a lot of these guys /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

TJSWAN
05-29-2003, 03:48 PM
I am getting some good/positive responses for doing this and things may lean to the 14th. Looking forward to making the 'um raise call check move on ya! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

DanS
05-30-2003, 03:40 AM
Not that the world revolves around me or anything, but would Sunday the 15th or Saturday the 21st work?

Dan

TJSWAN
05-30-2003, 11:56 AM
Have gotten many responses and the 7th stands a chance but will be more than willing to consider the 21st.
Appreciate the interest. Please PM with interest. Maybe now
the Bad Beetz can make it. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

haakee
05-30-2003, 07:06 PM
At this point either the 7th or 21st works for me. I want bad beetz to be there though because I can read that boy like a book.

TJSWAN
06-03-2003, 02:03 PM
More details next week, but mark it down!!!
Looks as we might make a full table.
I've been practicing my check-fold move for this. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

DiamondDave
06-05-2003, 09:30 PM
Anyone driving down from the East Bay? - /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

DanS
06-06-2003, 04:05 AM
Hi Dave,
I sent you a PM a while back that you never got back to. I live in Alameda, but may be relocated to Piedmont by the time the shindig gets down...what do you have in mind? (feel free to PM me).

Dan

Softrock
06-09-2003, 11:31 AM
Tim et.al. - Tim, thanks for setting this up and opening your home. I would really like to make one of these 2 + 2 events but unfortunately this one does not work. I will be lecturing at the California Applicants Attornies Association conference in Monterey on Head Injury - well at least it's in Monterey and I should get a round of golf in. Would much rather be playing poker or shmoozing with poker players but have to work to support my avocation.

Please do keep me in the loop.

TJSWAN
06-23-2003, 12:47 PM
Thanks to all who attended:

DanS - Knows his stats
DiamondDave - Strong silent type
Cferejohn - Thanks for the chips
Haake - Nice shades /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
Taylor - Thanks for the help dealing
Bad Beetz - Have you gotten some sleep??
J.A. Sucker - That's quite a head of hair !!
Ulysses - Cool customer
Tommy Angelo - enough said, but he brought :
the Clarkmeister ! Now I know what it's like to play poker
with a true Vegas 2+2er.

It was a blast guys. Thanks for putting up with the drunken
maniac /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

Tim

haakee
06-25-2003, 05:21 PM
Bad Beetz - Have you gotten some sleep??

Hah - he and I played at Garden City until the sun came up the next morning. He was falling asleep at the table but he was still the (second-) best player in the $8-16. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif