PDA

View Full Version : Can't sleep

Smackdab
10-12-2005, 01:53 AM
For the past 2 months now the average time I have finally gotten to sleep is like 3AM. As a result I am groggy, grumpy and listless the next day as I have to be up at 7AM.

I have tried exercising, warm milk, tea and other remedies to no avail. I used to think that maybe I was to wound up from my errrr ummmmm bridge session and even quit earlier.

Anyone have any suggestions besides sleeping pills? I have taken some before and most make me listless and groggy when I awaken anyway. Except for ambien which I thought was a wonder drug but that should not be taken for an etended period of time.

diebitter
10-12-2005, 01:54 AM
Less bridge, more masturbation.

Weatherhead03
10-12-2005, 02:03 AM
Start trying to go to bed 15 mins earlier each night. Your body has set itself a routine, although you may not like it thats the way it is. You wont be able to just snap your fingers and fall asleep at 12 or 11. Starting 15 mins earlier each night should help I believe.

DeadMoneyOC
10-12-2005, 02:08 AM
I used to have a problem like this. The summer between my senior year of HS and my freshman year of college was a jopke. I remember one night I raged all night in geneva until like 5, went to bed piss drunk but couldnt fall asleep until maybe 10 in the morning(no I wasnt doing coke or anything). Nights like that are total nightmares. If sleeping pills wont do the trick for you I would start working out a lot and eating a ton of food. That usually seemed to improve how I slept. I think problems like this are also associated with problems in your life though. I know I had some things going on during this period of my life that made me stressed out and probably had an effect on my sleeping. It seems as if you arent an insomniac so I would assume its probably just a bad phase and if things in your life arent exactly perfect I would look to those problems as the imediate cause but I would also start eating lot and working out. Drinking yourself retarded every night might also work. I feel your pain though...I remember sitting in bed a ton of nights for almost 6 hours some nights trying to sleep and woundering why I couldnt. It is really very frustrating...probably more of a mental block more than anything.

handsome
10-12-2005, 02:11 AM
I have the same problem. I'm trying to fix the problem by pulling an allnighter, but I always go back to the same cycle.

Aytumious
10-12-2005, 02:11 AM
Valerian root.

wonderwes
10-12-2005, 02:28 AM
http://www.akins.com/Featured/images/melatonin/melatonin.jpg

CardSharpCook
10-12-2005, 02:30 AM
excersise the demons within.

InchoateHand
10-12-2005, 02:34 AM
Well, the good thing about zolpidem tartrate is that its an atypical sedative hypnotic---unlike the benzodiazapines, you aren't going to get hooked in a big way---just rebound sleeping difficulties. So better living through chemistry. I also recommend Trazadone---commonly used for the sleep disturbances of recovering addicts, because its got about zero abuse potential. It will also make you groggy, but thats the trade-off----a good nights sleep, and a couple foggy hours in the morning, or permanent-fogginess plus cracked out ness.

Or you could do what I do, which is evolve. See, you can't evolve if you sleep. Then you are giving in to your body's demands. By not sleeping, you are evolving. Someday you will never have to sleep.

10-12-2005, 02:52 AM
if I got 4 hrs sleep 2 days in a row id practically pass out the 2nd day. Word.