PDA

View Full Version : I am clearly missing something

10-12-2005, 01:34 AM
There is a major affiliate who has an offer for party poker on there site right now. I used there form and instanly got a sign up code....whats the deal...is this legit?

The site reads:
"This is not an offer through a skin, this is a deal with partypoker direct!"
"This deal consits of 2 different steps, where you on the first step will receive xx% and on the second you will get xx%."

Apparently it's a "rewards" offer

TheHammer24
10-12-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There is a major affiliate who has an offer for party poker on there site right now. I used there form and instanly got a sign up code....whats the deal...is this legit?

The site reads:
"This is not an offer through a skin, this is a deal with partypoker direct!"
"This deal consits of 2 different steps, where you on the first step will receive xx% and on the second you will get xx%."

Apparently it's a "rewards" offer

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, my reputable affiliate with a party contact has not slowed down either. He has not disclosed much other than saying that it is going to be 23% and we'll do codes tomorrow.

Should I be concerned and not follow through with this?

MILFChaser
10-12-2005, 02:32 AM
You will most likely be fine for at least a couple months. The question is will you be fine in 6 months when Party pulls the plug on the individual trackers again.

They are going to turn a blind eye to everything for now, because their only concern is regaining their player base. But if your affiliate has lured players away from party and to the skins in the past, be aware that Party has no loyalty to him and will not hesitate to screw him in the future.

Think about it folks. You are Dikshit. You have all these affiliates who stole your players away from you and now are crawling back to you expecting you to welcome them with open arms. Do you really throw them a welcome home party and shower them with riches? No. You use them to get back your player base, and then you stab them in the back just like they did to you.

Anyone have reason to believe differently?

Party is pissed off at the affiliates, not the players. This is why they do have plans in the works to reward players directly. Which also cuts down on the affiliate's income.

HesseJam
10-12-2005, 05:36 AM
Party is not pissed at the affs. That's just plain nonsense. They were pissed at the freeriding skins stealing their longterm customers.

The optimal strategy for Party would be now to get all the high volume rake generators back as quick as possible to further kick the skins at a time they are spiraling downwards and before they can act so to starve off their games as much as possible. Once that is achieved they do not need to accept any new 2nd accounts because then you either play at Party w/o rb or you'll play somewhere else. Everything will be back to normal for Party - just sans skins.

So, I think one should have a deep look into all options available but at the same time act decisively because we might be presented with a short-term window only.