PDA

View Full Version : $10 Bounty for PP Software Help

swiftrhett
10-12-2005, 01:24 AM
I have a weird problem that I can't fix. I'll pay $10 via paypal or partypoker transfer to the first person who tells me how to fix this.

I run partypoker with windowsXP (and used to run skins). When I click on the top right minimise '_' or windowclose 'x', it freezes my computer for about 4 seconds. I do not have this problem on any other computer with partypoker and my screen name.

I also don't have this problem if I make a new xp administrator account on the same computer with the problem, and run party poker under that XP account. Another wierd thing is that I had the same problem with party skin windows, like eurobet or empire. I don't notice the effect on any other application.

I have tried wiping all my poker software, clearing the registry of partypoker (as best I could), and stopping the startup apps in msconfig.

I'm only going to accept answers that take a few minutes of my time (i.e., while wiping my hard drive may fix the problem, that is not acceptable).

10-12-2005, 02:10 AM
what about right clicking the the app at the bottom of the screen and min/closing?

swiftrhett
10-12-2005, 02:14 AM
that is a way to minimize the window, but it does not fix my problem

wonderwes
10-13-2005, 08:30 PM
delete party completely and erase the registry if you can. Try installing it in a new folder and see if that has any affect. Sounds like a screwy windows bug to me. Is the XP account you are currently on have full permission access?

swiftrhett
10-13-2005, 08:46 PM
I already did all these things and it didn't work. Yes, the account I use has full access.

[ QUOTE ]
delete party completely and erase the registry if you can. Try installing it in a new folder and see if that has any affect. Sounds like a screwy windows bug to me. Is the XP account you are currently on have full permission access?

[/ QUOTE ]

TheTROLL
10-14-2005, 12:11 PM
The answer's in the question. Create and use a new XP username. How long does it take to copy over your MyDocuments/Favorites/Desktop/StartMenu folders, like 30 seconds?

This is just something screwed in the registry branch associated with that user account, not worth the time to investigate/repair - move on.