PDA

View Full Version : Bong, pipe, joints, or one hitter.

whiskeytown
10-12-2005, 12:35 AM
for the purposes of this poll, these are my choices - brownies are out -

here are some pros and cons as I see it.

Bong

pros - seems to be a cleaner toke - generally also seems to be stronger.
cons - seems to be smellier - leaves more odor - also seems to burn higher amounts of consumption.

Pipe

pros - small pipe means easy to move and screens filter out debris.
cons - seems to be harshest on lungs -

joints

pros - very easy to conceal/transport - less mess
cons - waste of smoke - also harsher on lungs

One hitter

pros - efficient use of smoke - easy to transport in a wooden box with extra -
cons - reload after every hit - seem to suck my fair share of residue thru it

-------------

A friend of mine has modified his bong to fit the one hitter pipe instead of the bowl, and that works well - I've pulled the bowl off my small pipe and attached it to the bong and I think I burn less...

what do you guys use/recommend - other pros/cons

sexdrugsmoney
10-12-2005, 12:39 AM
You kids and weed, be careful guys, it's not the weed of the 60's anymore.

DeadMoneyOC
10-12-2005, 12:49 AM
Uh, arent you like 30 or something? I think people who smoke after they graduate from college are just a little weird. If you are not as old as I assume...then i dumb.

MonkeeMan
10-12-2005, 12:50 AM
Joints are my choice. Blunts are awesome, but waste a lot. What about waterpipes? Worth a try. Once smoked from an ivory bowl, it gave off a nice glow when toking, very visual like a good windowpane.

whiskeytown
10-12-2005, 12:58 AM
33 -

yah, I know...I am a little weird -but I actually just started - trying it as a substitute for alcohol - and I didn't start drinking till I was 29.

I feel I got my emotional development out of the way at that point anyways. Everyone I know who used when they were young stopped growing up at that point - you have a 40 yr old acting like she did at 16 when she started using.

big thing is, I don't have family to support - I'd be much harsher on myself if I had kids and a wife depending on me.

Duke
10-12-2005, 01:08 AM
Only voted 1 hitter because I broke someone's by accident at some point - I'd never used one before.

~D

10-12-2005, 01:11 AM
You forgot the smoking implement of the elite, the vaporizer.

xorbie
10-12-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Weatherhead03
10-12-2005, 01:21 AM
Pipes my choice.

Joints waste too much and leave a strong smell on your hands and clothes.

Bongs are just too hard to move around and bring from place to place.

The one hitter just wastes valuable time.

A_C_Slater
10-12-2005, 01:26 AM
Where's the option for the cola can with holes punched in the top?

Weatherhead03
10-12-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Where's the option for the cola can with holes punched in the top?

[/ QUOTE ]

That made me seriously laugh. Now that I think of it, i've used this method many times, although im sure my brain is hurting from all the toxins in the aluminum.

10-12-2005, 01:39 AM
blunt

MarkSummers
10-12-2005, 01:53 AM
bong.

manpower
10-12-2005, 01:58 AM
Ever consider a good bubbler?

KDawgCometh
10-12-2005, 01:58 AM
it really depends on how many people you're smoking up, what kind of nugs you have, and your own personal preferences. I usually prefer a one hitter. You don't get overpowered and you get in enough to get you where you want to be. You can still function fine after having a couple hitters. I always used a glass hitter, so I could fit more in it instead of some of the cheap crappy ones.

You should also try using a bubbler. You have water filtration, and it doesn't hit you as hard as a bong, it also doesn't waste as much herb either

10-12-2005, 02:18 AM
Nothing beats a fine joint. But for day-to-day use, I think a bubbler and sometimes a bong is the way to go.

MINETZ
10-12-2005, 02:30 AM
weed is not a substitute in the slightest for alchol, two compeltely different things. For these choices bong is def the correct answer... but you forget the best way to smoke... a blunt.

Cumulonimbus
10-12-2005, 02:33 AM
Smoke blunts if you're a pimp like me - it's just awesome. Joints for when you need to smoke in public. Bong if you want to primarily quick-smoke while you're in your room. I do all of the above.

CardSharpCook
10-12-2005, 02:37 AM
I used to lug a freaking tropicana 1/2 gallon container out to this creek with my buddy. Had to conceal it underneath my arm, inside my jacket. Pipes are nice. You can take them anywhere. I was a very skilled pipest. I could toke only half the green, I could toke 1/3 of the green, I could make a pipe last 8 hits or 10. Not so much control with a bong.

God I wish I could go back.

MonkeeMan
10-12-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to lug a freaking tropicana 1/2 gallon container out to this creek with my buddy. Had to conceal it underneath my arm, inside my jacket. Pipes are nice. You can take them anywhere. I was a very skilled pipest. I could toke only half the green, I could toke 1/3 of the green, I could make a pipe last 8 hits or 10. Not so much control with a bong.

God I wish I could go back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise. I used to drive around with a propane torch, glass pipe, and vial of hash oil. Can you say "cough your lungs out"?

But for sheer yummyness nothing beats a joint of Thai stick. I find that a joint or blunt is the only way to really get the taste right.

Wakko
10-12-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.green-heaven.de/shop/jjeo/pimages/vapo-klein.jpg

BongRips
10-12-2005, 11:44 AM
Nothing beats a nicely rolled, smooth burning joint.

Not the most efficient, but the most enjoyable in my opinion.

BeerMoney
10-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Gravity Bong.

Tailgunner
10-12-2005, 11:49 AM
I can't be the only one who loves a good 3"x6' PVC steamroller...

<font color="teal">~TG</font> /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Xelent
10-12-2005, 11:54 AM
I found myself one night without any means to smoke my weed so I carved a pipe out of an apple. When I took my hits, it tasted delicious and left a good taste in my mouth. It was difficult to get good hits, though I think everyone should try it once.

Wakko
10-12-2005, 11:54 AM
I think this poll is flawed, but not because of lack of options. In essence, asking which smoking implement is better is like asking whether a hammer is better than a hacksaw or a screwdriver or a chisel. They can all be great tools, depending on what the situation calls for.

For instance, joints are simple to take to concerts. Easy to hide, and they look like cigs from a distance to security. Bongs are great on the back porch with a circle of friends. Pipes are good anytime at all, but there are some places you just can't bring a pipe without having it confiscated. And one-hitters are just convenient as hell.

In my opinion, the best thing I've smoked out of is the Agent Blue. Nothing beats its combination of portability, stealth, utility, cleanability, and efficiency (in terms of smoke released vs. smoke inhaled.) Pick one up for about $30 or so and I'm sure you'll agree.

http://www.growhigh.co.uk/catalog/images/agent-blue-140.jpg

Tailgunner
10-12-2005, 11:59 AM
I'm also big on disposable pipes... a piece of tin foil twisted around a pen tube. Cheap, screens itself, easy to make and even easier to conceal the evidence. Especially useful for that public smoking.

MonkeeMan
10-12-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm also big on disposable pipes... a piece of tin foil twisted around a pen tube. Cheap, screens itself, easy to make and even easier to conceal the evidence. Especially useful for that public smoking.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's another reason I prefer joints (and roach clips), no messy evidence.

ChipWrecked
10-12-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's another reason I prefer joints (and roach clips), no messy evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to use the soda can pipe for public comsumption. Get a nickel for the evidence when done.

BongRips
10-12-2005, 12:13 PM
Yeah, I completely forgot about a gravity bong, those things are great.

MonkeeMan
10-12-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Gravity Bong.

[/ QUOTE ]

??? Enlighten me please.

smokingrobot
10-12-2005, 01:41 PM
bong is by far my favorite in terms of amount per hit...

pipes are nice as long as they're not brass...

one hitters - usually metal, so have that metallic taste sometimes.

can we add blunts to the mix? because a good blunt is a good time.

Brom
10-12-2005, 01:45 PM
Everyone knows the hammer is the best tool. What can't you fix with a hammer?

Seriously though, this poll is also neglecting the homemade devices such as buckets and parachutes. I wouldn't recommend either for daily use, as they are generally the strongest methods I find. But still good every now and then.

LALDAAS
10-12-2005, 01:57 PM
Please...One Hitter all the way!

I have been a stoner for nearly 15 years now.

Any one who say anything else doesn't know what there talking about.

bongs fun yes I agree but your burning way more then you need to.
Will I hit it if passed to of course! A waste though.

Blunt..Why! Stupid I use to think this was the way. Wrong horrible waste. If you put it out half way through for later (Because you will be bent) it stinks and taste like [censored].

Joints I likem gimme a pinner to head good times.To much work though.

A real stoner only neededs a little bit to find his spot and where he wants to be. Getting bent was always fun but I prefer 1 or 2 tokes of a one hitter.

Puts me right where I want to be.

not to mention you can get an 1/8 to last the better part of 2 weeks.

Finally I can hit my one hitter any where in a bar walking down the street. It looks like a cigarette who is going to notice unless they are close enough to smell it.

dankhank
10-12-2005, 02:14 PM
pipe. i like to keep things simple. but i will go macgyver on [censored] if need be.

rohjoh
10-12-2005, 02:17 PM
These are pretty trick.

http://www.rollies.com/Images/RED-T4.jpg

IndieMatty
10-12-2005, 02:18 PM
Before I read this thread. I just want to say that I said out loud in my office... "Why the [censored] doesn't he have "Blunt" as an option?"

Who the hell uses one-hitters?

Soul Daddy
10-12-2005, 02:25 PM
I love my pipe. I lose everything, yet it has stuck with me for 7 years. I can't imagine why anyone would choose a one-hitter over a decent pipe. The hits suck.

IndieMatty
10-12-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I love my pipe. I lose everything, yet it has stuck with me for 7 years.I can't imagine why anyone would choose a one-hitter over a decent pipe. The hits suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

irony

TJSWAN
10-12-2005, 02:27 PM
For me the pipe is easiest. Bong sitting around is not pleasing to the wife's eye, but I keep one in the closet for special occasions/guests. My pipe has a chamber you can put an extra stash in to " season it " . Thats why I like my pipe. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW I'm 39.

Tim

tolbiny
10-12-2005, 02:30 PM
Materials
Bucket of water, empty gallon jug, scissors, bowl that fits top of gallon jug.

Cut bottom of gallon jug off- place bowl in top, fill with weed. Submerge gallon jug in bucket of water (keeping weed dry of course). Light pot, slowly life gallon jug- the vacuum will pull air down through the bowl filling jug with smoke- fill up jug with smoke withOUT removing jug from water, remove bowl- place mouth over opening of jug- push jug down into water while inhaling deeply.

its been a few years, did i leave anything out?

Soul Daddy
10-12-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love my pipe. I lose everything, yet it has stuck with me for 7 years.I can't imagine why anyone would choose a one-hitter over a decent pipe. The hits suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

irony

[/ QUOTE ]
Good point. Shut up.

BeerMoney
10-12-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Materials
Bucket of water, empty gallon jug,

its been a few years, did i leave anything out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, but a gallon jug would be a little crazy. I used to use like 20 ouncers, and that was still too much.

PITTM
10-12-2005, 02:55 PM
I like to use this... /images/graemlins/smile.gif (http://img429.imageshack.us/img429/5422/dsc004521qp.jpg)

LALDAAS
10-12-2005, 04:26 PM
That is the best bouncing boob avatar yet

FrankStallone
10-12-2005, 04:37 PM
A bong might be worse for the lungs. The size of the hit is much larger and dense. The water does cool it off though. hmmm. Well I like joints because there is no eveidence and you can take it in your car and smoke with some random guy with a pony tail outside of the taj. Try doing that with a bong.

FrankStallone
10-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Please anyone with info on Vaporizors?

PITTM
10-12-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i got mine at www.vapordoc.com. (http://www.vapordoc.com.) i recommend not getting the glass on glass one because mine broke. just get the regular one, which i bought as a replacement and love. when i use this instead of my bong i find that i cough less in the shower the next morning.

rj

rohjoh
10-12-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] link (http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/vaporizers.html)

10-12-2005, 05:24 PM
My pipe:
http://img436.imageshack.us/img436/2773/6shooterpipecentre500190825kj.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

touchfaith
10-12-2005, 05:39 PM
Right now, I'll take all [censored] 4 and a keg.

poboy
10-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Joints are by far the best way to go. The problem with bongs,pipes,one-hitters(variation of a pipe BTW), or any other bowled device is that while the first hit tastes great every subsequent hit tastes a little more ashy. As far as a joint being too harsh, what are you rolling with a brown paper bag? Zig-zags are super thin as it is, and if you cut off a little bit it's even better. I will say this though about bongs, they give the best high for the amount smoked. JMO

MonkeeMan
10-12-2005, 06:35 PM
I prefer the joint &amp; blunt option.

But I will add this to the plus column about pipes. In a pinch you can scrape the tars/resins/gunk out of a pipe and fire that up for quick relief.

tinga81
10-12-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like to use this... /images/graemlins/smile.gif (http://img429.imageshack.us/img429/5422/dsc004521qp.jpg)

[/ QUOTE ]

PITT ..

Would that be a ROOR bong?

I am heavily considering getting one of these badboys for myself.

RollaJ
10-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Pipe at home, joints for going out

PITTM
10-12-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PITT ..

Would that be a ROOR bong?

I am heavily considering getting one of these badboys for myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. i /images/graemlins/heart.gif it.

rj

Slow Play Ray
10-12-2005, 10:28 PM
There should be a "all of the above" option, because there is a time and place for everything. However, if I have to choose one I will say bong, for all of the reasons I assume have already been discussed here but am too lazy to actually read.

Peace.

fluxrad
10-12-2005, 10:34 PM
Batties are retarded if you're actually out to smoke weed. A bong will get you retarded if that's what you're after, but my most enjoyable experiences are with a joint in hand.

Note - joints should be smoked one to a man, not shared.

Gamblor
10-12-2005, 10:40 PM
I laugh at you silly Americans, who worry about "wasting" the weed. Why

Move to a country (like mine) where I can get the kind of stuff that actually gets you high (I've tried American crap) for $150 USD an ounce, well, it's easy to see why joint is the best play.

FrankStallone
10-12-2005, 11:11 PM
I agree with one joint per person. I always end up getting stoned staring at the end of the joint someone just went to town on and then back at their disgusting mouth. Then I go back to thinking where I put my keys. thanks for the info on the vaporizor

Larimani
10-12-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Move to a country (like mine) where I can get the kind of stuff that actually gets you high (I've tried American crap) for $150 USD an ounce, well, it's easy to see why joint is the best play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word. If you're gonna smoke (which I do not condone) joints are the way forward. Get some skunk, skin up, get mashed.

Jules22
10-12-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Gravity Bong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jules22
10-12-2005, 11:47 PM
Bucket bong

This can also be referred to as a gravity bong. See differences and clarifications.

A bucket bong (or bucket ripper - a bucket rip is a bong hit from this device) is constructed out of a medium sized bucket filled with water, a two-liter bottle, a bowl, and stem. Anything that can be filled with water and is slightly taller than a two liter bottle can replace the bucket. The device is built by first cutting the bottom off the two-liter bottle (leave as much length as possible). This forms a large dome, with nearly a two-liter capacity.

Next a hole is cut in the bottle cap and the stem is fed through. The bottle cap is left off for now. The plastic bottle is placed in the bucket with the large hole going in first, then submerged until the water is nearly level with the hole at the top of the bottle. This reduces the gas content of the chamber to nearly zero.

Next the user screws the cap with the bowl onto the plastic bottle, inserts the desired smoking material, lights their lighter, holds the flame to the bowl, and slowly lifts up on the plastic bottle. The user is now creating a large vacuum in the chamber and atmosphere is entering through the bowl and stem. This pulls the heat of the flame with it and ignites the material.

As the user lifts up extremely dense smoke will fill the chamber; the slower the user lifts the denser the smoke will be. This smoke can become so dense that it becomes dark yellow. The user must stop lifting before the bottom of the bottle comes out of the water. Once the height is sufficient the user is ready to inhale the smoke.

The operator unscrews the cap, places their mouth over the opening on top and pushes down on the bottle. The available area is once again decreased, the smoke is forced out the hole at the top, and the user inhales the smoke into their lungs.
[

Waterfall bong

This can also be referred to as a gravity bong. See differences and clarifications.

Similar in design to the bucket bong is the waterfall bong. A waterfall bong usually consists of a plastic bottle with a hole punched at the bottom and a removable bottle cap with a bowl in it. The bottle cap is removed, the hole is covered by a finger, the vessel is filled with water, then while holding a flame to the bowl, the finger is removed. Gravity causes the water to flow out creating a vacuum inside the chamber and smoke begins to flow into the chamber; see the section on the bucket bong for a more detailed description of this process. When all the water has run out the user removes the bottle cap, places their mouth over the opening at the top of the bottle, and inhales the contents.the smoke isn't cooled at all making this bong not one for people who like to savour their weed.

The waterfall bong is sometimes referred to as a sobe bong, since the notch near the bottom of a glass SoBe drink bottle can easily be punched out to make a waterfall bong.

fwiw, i prefer the waterfall. if i was made of money, i would just have blunts around all the time, theyre my favorite, but are very costly (the way i like my blunt is like 20 dollars worth of weed.... not exactly a reasonable figure.)

Cumulonimbus
10-12-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wooow, that's pretty. /images/graemlins/heart.gif

JonPKibble
10-13-2005, 12:09 AM
Glass Pipe

bobbyi
10-13-2005, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Bong
cons - seems to be smellier - leaves more odor

[/ QUOTE ]
This is just wrong.

imported_anacardo
10-13-2005, 02:37 AM
My conclusion:

Wow. People really, really like weed.

Xelent
10-13-2005, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Word. If you're gonna smoke (which I do not condone) joints are the way forward. Get some skunk, skin up, get mashed.

[/ QUOTE ]

No wonder the weed you got here was [censored]. If you only had to pay $150 for an entire ounce, it must of been absolute [censored].

tonypaladino
10-13-2005, 03:18 AM
I'm a pipe man.

Quick, easy, simple, less waste than a joint, and easily concealable.

whiskeytown
10-13-2005, 04:56 AM
no more so then alcohol or the way Rush Limbaugh enjoys a good cuban cigar.

I believe our country's policy on hemp and cannibas are throwbacks to the days of Jim Crow and Prohibition. Even that first comment in the thread about being careful cause the stuff is stronger....well, we've been lied to for 50 years about marijuana, so why would I believe what the government is telling me now about it?

So I have no moral quandry with it - esp. since I used it to quit drinking - I may have robbed Peter to pay Paul, but Paul and his family were starving to death and Peter had millions at his disposal.

Everyone who posted here really should read this article (http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/History/whiteb1.htm)

My favorite quote - shortly after some laws were enacted in the late 30's - the drug czar testifies before congress about why he needs more agents....

--------------------------------
"Because there are people out there violating the marijuana laws."

Well, you know what the Senators asked -- "Who?"

And in a moment that every Government employee should avoid like the plague, Anslinger first said, "Musicians." But then he looked up at that Senate committee and he gave them a little piece of his heart and said the single line which provoked the most response in this country's history about the non-medical use of drugs. Anslinger said, "And I don't mean good musicians, I mean jazz musicians."

------------------

Truth is, you want to know why Marijuana is considered dangerous and illegal today? - two reasons -

1. - it was a tax law like all drugs of the 30's but not a criminal possession charge. This was done because a large number of minorities used it - it was, in effect, racial discrimination.

2. - the first criminal code making it illegal was passed by the Mormon Church in Utah in the mid 1900's - when they were writing every religious prohibition into law -

RB

whiskeytown
10-13-2005, 04:58 AM
but the bong filters out a lot of bad crap too, esp. particles - I was always getting a bit of particle/ash in most pipes unless I had a screen.

These vaporizers though really intrigue me... never heard of such a thing but if it's a better hit and cleaner, then yah babee... /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

RB

dibbs
10-13-2005, 05:00 AM
Pipes are by far the most convenient really, smell the least and pretty easy on the lungs. I'd almost always choose a binger over it though because it's more efficient, more bang.

True relaxation necessitates blunts though I think.

You familiar with vaporizers? I think you might be interested.

RollaJ
10-13-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> Sounds like an invitation for the next Magoo game to be in Canada eh! </font>

PITTM
10-13-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but the bong filters out a lot of bad crap too, esp. particles - I was always getting a bit of particle/ash in most pipes unless I had a screen.

These vaporizers though really intrigue me... never heard of such a thing but if it's a better hit and cleaner, then yah babee... /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

as i said before. www.vapordoc.com. (http://www.vapordoc.com.) well worth it.

rj