PDA

View Full Version : A Leak In My Game

James Boston
10-11-2005, 11:46 PM
I generally hate posts like these, because they usually have pretty obvious answers. Now I'll be guilty too.

I have discovered a leak in my game when it comes to the ladies. I'm not shy, I'm not at a loss for words, or anything like that. I'm bad at creating situations where I can engage them in conversation. Take tonight for instance. I see this incredibly hot girl. We were in a crowded gym, so I couldn't really yell over people to introduce myself, obviously. A little while later I'm standing outside in a courtyard type area. She walks out. She's standing about 30 ft away, in the middle of this courtyard. I can create no excuse to non-chalantly make my way to her, as opposed to her standing next to a soda machine, or something like that. Plus, she's on her cell phone, so the direct approach, which I find awkward anyway, is kind of not an option. I can't loom around her, waiting for her to finish her call. Or, if she finishes the call and heads back inside, I can't chase her down. So what's my play? The crowded gym is out. Outside seems like the best opportunity, but presents several complications. Am I just making excuses, or was this particular instance a no win situation? Similar situations always seem to arise when I spot attractive ladies.

swede123
10-11-2005, 11:48 PM
Sometimes you just have to bide your time and wait for a better opportunity. If both of you go to the same gym it's quite feasible you'll run into her again at some point, hopefully in a better situation.

Swede

James Boston
10-11-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If both of you go to the same gym it's quite feasible you'll run into her again at some point, hopefully in a better situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

The gym, basketball court specifically, was being used as an auditorium. It was a one time thing.

ThaSaltCracka
10-11-2005, 11:57 PM
my solution to fixing leaks in my game is to just not have game, that way I have nothing to fix.

seriously though, I have no solution for you, because if I did I would be using it myself.

MonkeeMan
10-12-2005, 12:03 AM
Damn, I thought we were gonna be talking about the drips. Nevermind.

Cunning Linguist
10-12-2005, 12:20 AM
I think this is clearly the hardest part to master.
You're not alone.

InchoateHand
10-12-2005, 12:21 AM
I think the direct approach is your only option.

You can waste time just out of view inside the building, and head her off on the return. Whatever it is thats bringing you all to the gym can be complimented/lambasted, and there is your in.

If she disappears from the courtyard, it was just not meant to be.

James Boston
10-12-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You can waste time just out of view inside the building, and head her off on the return.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like the simple plan, yet it introduces another problem. I think the key word here is going to be "non-chalant." If I am in the building, I can't be waiting by the door, that would seem too premeditated. I also think going from standing around as she walks in, to suddenly and coincidentally having to go in her same direction seems too planned. And timing a casual encounter can be difficult. I probably over-think this crap.

InchoateHand
10-12-2005, 12:45 AM
Seriously, over-thinking is key here.

If you are returning to the gymnasium, she is incredibly unlikely to think "man, he's waiting for me," even after you ask her out for coffee.

And you don't entirely time a casual encounter--you walk right up to her, you just pretend you also have something else to do.

lucas9000
10-12-2005, 12:53 AM
if she weren't on the phoen you just walk up to her. nothing wrong with that. i'd leave her alone while she's on the phone though, just out of politeness.

why can't you step to her in the gym?

James Boston
10-12-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One, where she was sitting would require me to climb over people, or yell, just to say "Hi, I'm James." There's nothing smooth about that. Two, she was paying attention to what was going on, and I didn't want to interfere with that.

[ QUOTE ]
if she weren't on the phoen you just walk up to her. nothing wrong with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm just lame in these situations, but I hate doing that. Like I said, starting up a casual conversation about something random is no big deal. I.E. you're both waiting in a line, I comment about how long the line is taking, introduce myself, etc... But just flat out walking up and introducing myself with no ice-breaker is something I apparently suck at.

In fact, I don't know many guys who would be comfortable with that. There is such a thing as too straight-forward, and I think girls can be a little put off by it as well. Ice-breakers are key. When she sees me obviously coming at her, I pretty much have to get straight to the point, which to me is not the optimal approach.

smokingrobot
10-12-2005, 01:12 AM
i agree. at which point when she's not on her phone, or engaging in strenuous activity, grab your balls, hike up your skirt, and caht it up.

"hey im james boston, you wanna get a drink sometime?"

sublime
10-12-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
my solution to fixing leaks in my game is to just not have game, that way I have nothing to fix.

seriously though, I have no solution for you, because if I did I would be using it myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOZ

lucas9000
10-12-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One, where she was sitting would require me to climb over people, or yell, just to say "Hi, I'm James." There's nothing smooth about that. Two, she was paying attention to what was going on, and I didn't want to interfere with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it finally sunk in for me that you're not talking about a gym in the sense of a bunch of people working out. my bad.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if she weren't on the phoen you just walk up to her. nothing wrong with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm just lame in these situations, but I hate doing that. Like I said, starting up a casual conversation about something random is no big deal. I.E. you're both waiting in a line, I comment about how long the line is taking, introduce myself, etc... But just flat out walking up and introducing myself with no ice-breaker is something I apparently suck at.

In fact, I don't know many guys who would be comfortable with that. There is such a thing as too straight-forward, and I think girls can be a little put off by it as well. Ice-breakers are key. When she sees me obviously coming at her, I pretty much have to get straight to the point, which to me is not the optimal approach.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is just personal preference. imo there is nothing wrong with just stepping to a girl you're interested in. that does not of course mean it's the right way, or the best way, or appropriate in all situations. but think of it this way: you only live once, and there's no guarantee you'll ever see the person again to get another chance (or be embarassed if you did the direct approach and got shot down /images/graemlins/wink.gif ).

Klepton
10-12-2005, 01:28 AM
punch her in the face. get her number from the lawyers.

10-12-2005, 01:34 AM
Its like that scene in Harold and Kumar where harold is in the elevator with the hot chick.

goofball
10-12-2005, 01:37 AM
As Tommy Angelo once said:

[ QUOTE ]
the situation was that I had no hand, no position, no reads, no momentum, and lots of time to wait for a better spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wait for a better spot.

Klepton
10-12-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Its like that scene in Harold and Kumar where harold is in the elevator with the hot chick.

[/ QUOTE ]

not really, if you'll notice in the fantasy sequence it was very easy for him to pick up on the girl.

10-12-2005, 02:31 AM
Bump into her "by accident". Then you can apologize/start up some convo and then offer to take her out to make up for it, etc.

The Truth
10-12-2005, 02:52 AM
Just wait til she gets off the phone and say, "Hey!" or whatever you feel like saying. "You, in the shirt, come here" She'll come, trust me.

Wait for her to walk to you. Then ask her some stupid ass question. I'll often just ask something I saw on OOT that day, then roll from there.

OOT stuff is pretty good sometimes, cause it gives her room to give an interesting answer.

It doesn't matter why you choose to ask her this random question, all she knows is your a guy that is being different from every other guy. This is good. She is talking, this is good.

-blake

10-12-2005, 02:54 AM
He should ask her if she's a virgin. If not, he should definitely mention something about a diaphragm.