PDA

View Full Version : 6 9 clubs in the SB

Schmed
05-27-2003, 04:11 PM
1-4-8-8

7 callers I complete, bb checks, 9 players.......... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Flop

6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

I bet, 2 callers, LP raises, folds to me, I call.

before the turn card is flipped the loud, obnoxious, drunk LP raiser yells over to me, you're going to need at least two pair to beat me.

Turn

9 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

I check, he bets, I raise, he calls.

River

4 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

I bet, he calls.

I look at him and say...all I got is two pair to beat ya......I thought he was going to cry when he saw my hand and shows down KK.

thoughts,

Typical 1-4-8-8 preflop. That's why I like the 6-12 better. I bet my flush draw and my pair on the flop. I was going to check but I figured I would pare the fieled down a bit with my bet. When I was raised I thought, 'okay smart a$$ you got what you deserved', I thought about reraising but decided that I wanted the callers.

Typically I don't take Poker players on their word at the table but this guy had done that a couple of times 3 Crown and waters ago so I figured I take that man at his word /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I put him on the over pair when he raised me before he opened his yap. Funny if the drunk preflop raises I fold the SB.

Homer
05-27-2003, 04:30 PM
What happened to the two players who called your initial flop bet? Did they fold after LP raised and you called? Or did they fold after you checkraised the turn? If they were still around on the turn, I think you should have bet and hoped they called, then LP raised. Then, hopefully you would three-bet and they would call the additional two bets. I don't like checkraising to shut out the field. You have top two pair and a flush draw. Let these players pay you off.

Even if these players did fold on the flop, I would bet the turn and hope to be raised so that I could reraise.

-- Homer

Schmed
05-27-2003, 05:26 PM
sorry, all players folded after my call of his raise. HU on the turn.

I thought about betting in to him on the turn. I knew he would bet if checked to but I wasn't so sure he would raise if bet to. There is also the added dimension of check raising him to add to him being pissed off. (ever notice that for some reason people can tilt a bit after being check raised and they wouldn't if they were just raised....they take it personal).

I do have to admit that with my vulnerable flush draw and 6's and 9's I was thinking that I wanted everyone out of my pot and I want it now. I do see what you are saying with respect to wanting callers though.

Thanks