PDA

View Full Version : Best SNL Commericials, Semifinals

coffeecrazy1
10-11-2005, 11:23 PM
Okay, we are getting down to the nitty-gritty. I see you rolled your way into the semis...dios mio, Man. The last round featured our first upset. Let's see who our finalists turn out to be out of these four:

Rushmore
10-11-2005, 11:27 PM
Not only is Old Glory Insurance the obvious answer, it was one of only two things ever on television that ever made me do a spit-take the first time I saw it. The sight of those robots chasing those old folks...jeez, I don't know.

The other was when Rick James slapped Charlie Murphy at the China Club.

Talk2BigSteve
10-11-2005, 11:33 PM
Many may not remember the Hale Bop comet or the Heaven's Gate cult, but SNL did a commercial showing all the suicides with the people wearing their black Nikes with the white swoosh and then the screen faded to black. Then the message.....

KEDS worn by level headed Christians.

That is still the funniest commercial in my opinion.

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

TheMainEvent
10-11-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Many may not remember the Hale Bop comet or the Heaven's Gate cult, but SNL did a commercial showing all the suicides with the people wearing their black Nikes with the white swoosh and then the screen faded to black. Then the message.....

KEDS worn by level headed Christians.

That is still the funniest commercial in my opinion.

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that was good. It probably wouldn't have been nearly as funny if they hadn't chosen "Keds" as the brand.

Patrick del Poker Grande
10-12-2005, 12:02 PM
"Oops I Crapped My Pants sure can hold a lot of dung!"

"Say, how do you know so much about Oops I Crapped My Pants?"
"Because I'm wearing them... and I just did!"

Inthacup
10-12-2005, 12:33 PM
"Let's say this iced tea represents a gallon of your feces"

astroglide
10-12-2005, 12:40 PM
schmitt's gay beating old glory is not too surprising, but still pathetic

CrazyEyez
10-12-2005, 12:44 PM
Oops is probably better but I've never been a poop humor fan so I voted Happy Fun Ball.

The iced tea line is good, though.

Wes ManTooth
10-12-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
schmitt's gay beating old glory is not too surprising, but still pathetic

[/ QUOTE ]

10-12-2005, 12:46 PM
OICMP <-- lol. (The commercial is so famous that it warrants an acronym now? lol.) was good, but Happy Fun ball was much much better.

"Do not taunt happy fun ball". I can still remember being 9 years old and my dad laughing hysterically at that.

OICMP is more low-brow humor for the youngsters. I imagine the 16-22 year old crowd thinks this commercial is far better than it really is. I did like the lemon slice falling into the diaper though. That made it somewhat plausible as a simulation fecal matter.

miajag81
10-12-2005, 12:48 PM
Christ, how is Old Glory losing to Schmitt's Gay? You people suck at comedy.

Patrick del Poker Grande
10-12-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. This is a real upset.

Tailgunner
10-12-2005, 12:53 PM
One of my personal favorites is the First Citiwide Change Bank... cracks me up every time.

"Bank Representative: All the time, our customers ask us, "How do you make money doing this?" The answer is simple: Volume."

<font color="teal">~TG</font> /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tailgunner
10-12-2005, 12:54 PM
Because robots are funnier than drunk fags.

Sponger15SB
10-12-2005, 12:57 PM
Can someone find me a video of Happy Fun Ball. Suprisingly for all the SNL I've seen and have memorized, I have never heard of this commercial.

10-12-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. This is a real upset.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. You gotta remember, when SG came out, it was legendary amongst certain 4th-5th grade circles.

Who doesn't like Phil Hartman saying, "So if you have a thirst..and you're Gay..." Come on.

And you gotta remember it with the original Van Halen music not that other imposter crap they had to switch to about 5 years ago. "Beautiful Girls". lol.

"You two look like you need to get wet." Sandler and Farley...gay.. come on. It's great.

Old Glory is good, too, mostly because of Waterston, but it is a different flavor. It's an acquired taste, ironically, much like the actual Schmitt's Gay beer... huh.

10-12-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone find me a video of Happy Fun Ball. Suprisingly for all the SNL I've seen and have memorized, I have never heard of this commercial.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's circa 1988, and it's about a a little orange ball not too dissimilar to a street hockey ball. It's just a damn ball, but it has all these warnings...like do not leave it in sunlight too long... uhh, do not taunt it... it's made up of some undiscovered chemical on the periodic table... it's hilarious. And it had it's own song!

CrazyEyez
10-12-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One of my personal favorites is the First Citiwide Change Bank... cracks me up every time.

"Bank Representative: All the time, our customers ask us, "How do you make money doing this?" The answer is simple: Volume."

[/ QUOTE ]
This one was seeded unfairly. I believe it drew Happy Fun Ball first round, which was a shame.

Customer #2: I went to my First Citiwide branch to change a fifty. I guess I was in kind of a hurry, and I asked for a twenty, a ten, and two fives. Their computers picked up my mistake right away, and I got the correct change.

[ SUPER: "Correct Change" ]

Bank Representative: We have been in this business a long time. With our experience, we're gonna have ideas for change combinations that probably haven't occurred to you. If you have a fifty-dollar bill, we can give you fifty singles. [ SUPER: "We can give you fifty singles" ] We can give you forty-nine singles and ten dimes. We can give you twenty-five twos. Come talk to us. [ SUPER: "We can give you twenty-five twos" ] We are not going to give you change that you don't want. If you come to us with a hundred-dollar bill, we're not going to give you two-thousand nickels.. [ SUPER: "We're not going to give you two thousand nickels" ] - unless that meets your particular change needs. We will give you.. the change.. equal to.. the amount of money.. that you want change for!

10-12-2005, 01:24 PM
There are a couple commercials that I'm not sure were ever in the running.

Anyone remember that old David Spade credit card commercial where he promised to do anything for your business? Someone called in and asked him to kill his boss. He said no, then finally said OK, we'll do it. A girl wanted a pony and he goes "look in your backyard"

That one was funny. And there was another one that I really liked that was "INTERBANK", featuring Will Ferrell and Molly Shannon about them going to Morocco or something and losing travellers cheques. Anyway some militants from INTERBANK stormed the village and found the guy and burned his hut down along with the huts of his family members.

Will ferrell was like "We don't know how they get things done, we just care that they do. Thanks Interbank". As a guy puts his hand on Molly Shannons shoulder as a pillar of strength, and she gulps in sheer nervousness. lol.

Sponger15SB
10-12-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's circa 1988, and it's about a a little orange ball not too dissimilar to a street hockey ball. It's just a damn ball, but it has all these warnings...like do not leave it in sunlight too long... uhh, do not taunt it... it's made up of some undiscovered chemical on the periodic table... it's hilarious. And it had it's own song!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm aware of the commercial and the script. Its just not that funny reading about it.

10-12-2005, 02:51 PM
Of course it is. It's HAPPY FUN BALL.

Patrick del Poker Grande
10-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Interbank was pretty funny. I also like the one with Will Ferrell selling a dog training video where he talks [censored] to the dogs and shames them into everything.

How about the disposable toilet one? It's so easy!

Adobe Car? It's the first car to break the $200 barrier!

The kitty-litter mold toy for the little kids? When that little girl makes a whistle out of kitty litter and blows in it at the end - there's nothing better.

Three-legged jeans?

imported_The Vibesman
10-12-2005, 03:05 PM
Or the other Will Ferrell one where he plays Hank Petchow, who sells Petchow Rat Poison. Just look for the bag with the picture of his dog on the front.

coffeecrazy1
10-12-2005, 03:08 PM
Change Bank was seeded against Nerf Crotch Bat, which is a completely fair seeding, given that they were nominated an equal number of times.

Patrick del Poker Grande
10-12-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or the other Will Ferrell one where he plays Hank Petchow, who sells Petchow Rat Poison. Just look for the bag with the picture of his dog on the front.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is pretty sweet, too. Pretty much any commercial that Ferrell's in is going to have to be mentioned.

10-12-2005, 03:12 PM
yeah disposable toilets was pretty funny. Someone blew their nose and threw the tissue in the toilet and flushed it, then they had to re-install a new one. hahaha.

10-12-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah disposable toilets was pretty funny. Someone blew their nose and threw the tissue in the toilet and flushed it, then they had to re-install a new one. hahaha.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, just look for Shep on the front.

Petchow, petchow, petchow, petchow (lower voice) rat poison.

LOL.

TheBlueMonster
10-12-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
more funny in idea than execution...

10-12-2005, 03:19 PM
that chick has one tore-up cameltoe. And why's she out in the desert?

drewjustdrew
10-12-2005, 03:38 PM
Was Bad Idea Jeans one of the contestants? That was my favorite.

"I was going to use a condom, but I figured, when is the next time I'll be in Haiti..."

coffeecrazy1
10-12-2005, 03:41 PM
Yes...got defeated in the first round...by Schmitt's Gay, IIRC...use the search for the first round thread.

10-13-2005, 06:56 AM
I liked the Mercury Mistress myself. The automobile with a vagina.