PDA

View Full Version : Multi-tabling and Reads

10-11-2005, 10:00 PM
Ok so often enough I will play 2-4 tables at a time, at one table I get brutally bored and my reads are fairly accurate, i usually know in about 2-3 orbits who is what and what is who...once i get to two tables it generally goes down hill a bit, i tighten up a considerable amount with each added table, and i feel it hurts my game.

I honestly think i have the capacity to play a bunch of tables at once, I'm young 22, and have played video games that required a bunch of micro-management my entire teenage years.

So to all the people who table 3-4 or MORE tables, do you use some sort of system to remember what players at what table are doing what?

Or is it like my assumption that you basically just tighten up and avoid making math errors with each added table?

~ Rob

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10-11-2005, 10:41 PM
I usually just stick to top ten hands etc... When playing more then one table its hard to play the people because your constantly busy. I pretty much play like a robot. Although this is bad, if you can find the right tables it works well and clears bonuses really fast.

Matador225
10-11-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually just stick to top ten hands etc... When playing more then one table its hard to play the people because your constantly busy. I pretty much play like a robot. Although this is bad, if you can find the right tables it works well and clears bonuses really fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the MTT forum and it sounds like your talking about limit. If you aren't you should consider reducing the number of tables and playing less like a robot.

MTTs, unlike limit and for the most part SnGs, require some creativity and it is also important to have strong reads. These things are what can get you to the final table.

10-11-2005, 10:47 PM
PokerTracker with PokerAce HUD. Infini-Tabling with reads as precise as you can get them. And yes, bowski, that advice is horrendous. If you are going to stick to top 10 hands and play super weak-tight while multitabling, definatly better off not multitabling.

And yea, are you sure this is the right forum? Theres the word "tournaments" after the "mutli-table" /images/graemlins/wink.gif