PDA

View Full Version : Best way to sell tickets?

Glenn
05-27-2003, 01:57 PM
So I bought 4 tickets to Gatti v. Ward III, but it looks like I only need 2. State (NJ) law apparently says something about not selling them for more that 20% over face value (for brokers it is 50%) but I looked online and webtickets.com for instance is selling the $50 cheap seats for $195 so who knows. Anyhow, I would feel kind of silly selling them for 25% of the market value but I don't want to put it up on ebay if it is illegal or something. Webtickets apparently buys tickets too, does anyone have experience with them or some other commercial buying service? I don't really want to be walking up and down the boardwalk the day of the fight yelling "I've got two!" but then again I would like to at least freeroll my own seats if possible given that they are now apparently selling for 4x face value. Any help would be appreciated.

Dynasty
05-27-2003, 02:04 PM
Find a couple more friends to go with and forget about turning a profit.

Glenn
05-27-2003, 02:14 PM
Tried that. Most of my good friends who live within a reasonable distance of AC don't watch boxing and/or are poor/cheap so they wouldn't pay for the ticket. My friend and I who are going decided that instead of having to spend that day (we will do other stuff besides go to the fight) with two people we don't really like, we should just sell the tickets to people we don't know. It wouldn't kill me to break even, but I figured it was worth asking. People here tend to know lots of random things.

Anadrol 50
05-28-2003, 01:08 PM
Put them on ebay, but put the face value at a higher price. If you look through ebay, a lot of people do this. I did it when I sold some UFC tickets a few months back.