PDA

View Full Version : Party will never give RB

kapw7
10-11-2005, 09:30 PM
Why should they? Do you think that if they do allow it, it will remain a well kept secret? Not a chance. So do you think that the 100,000+ (just an estimate- I guess there are a lot more) non-"pro" Party players, the "fishes", will not claim one way or another rakeback for themselves? And what is this going to cause? Is Party going to give up 25-30% of their revenues? They would happily spend this money to attract new players. But why give it to you? And why make recruiting new players so expensive when everyone will be asking for RB? Is it a coincidence that the 2nd most popular site (Pokerstars) doesn't offer RB?

And for the daydreamers who expect to receive RB on existing accounts, do you think that Party will give up a part of their revenues to keep existing customers?
I'm sure there will be exceptions (of ppl receiving RB, that is in a legitimate way) but this is where it will stay: an exception

vilemerchant
10-11-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is Party going to give up 25-30% of their revenues? They would happily spend this money to attract new players. But why give it to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even without rakeback they'll be losing over 30% on MANY players. You don't think they're going to stop paying their affiliates do you? The revenue will be payed out the same as always the only difference is the affiliates get rich for doing nothing instead of kicking back to the players..

10-11-2005, 10:17 PM
This makes no sense. Whether the player has a rakeback deal or not, party shouldn't care. It's not like they make anymore money on a player who doesn't have rakeback than a player who does. The only person who would make more money is the affiliate. Instead of giving rakeback, he would just keep it all. And the only players who dont have an affiliate are the people who DL direct from the party website. The people who do that have no clue what rakeback is anyway. And once they learn, it wont matter because there is no longer any skin for them to jump ship and start playing at, so party still gets all their play.

DaveKForty7
10-11-2005, 10:48 PM
Has anyone else heard that quote about 10% of the players make up for 70% of the profit? Well I bet 90% (probably more) of this 10% will want (need/demand etc.) some sort of rakeback deal, or they'll consider playing elsewhere. Just a thought.

Freudian
10-11-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why should they? Do you think that if they do allow it, it will remain a well kept secret? Not a chance. So do you think that the 100,000+ (just an estimate- I guess there are a lot more) non-"pro" Party players, the "fishes", will not claim one way or another rakeback for themselves? And what is this going to cause? Is Party going to give up 25-30% of their revenues? They would happily spend this money to attract new players. But why give it to you? And why make recruiting new players so expensive when everyone will be asking for RB? Is it a coincidence that the 2nd most popular site (Pokerstars) doesn't offer RB?

And for the daydreamers who expect to receive RB on existing accounts, do you think that Party will give up a part of their revenues to keep existing customers?
I'm sure there will be exceptions (of ppl receiving RB, that is in a legitimate way) but this is where it will stay: an exception

[/ QUOTE ]

I am an existing customer. But I don't play there.

And my play has a monetary worth to Party. I know what it would take for Party to get me to play there. Party also knows this. Until I get rakeback at Party I will happily play at Pokerstars and Prima. I am confident I don't lose any money doing it.

gildwulf
10-12-2005, 12:03 AM
Why do people keep making these threads? Can we just wait until Party makes its announcement tomorrow before we continue the 'sky is falling' threads?

Shoe
10-12-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone else heard that quote about 10% of the players make up for 70% of the profit? Well I bet 90% (probably more) of this 10% will want (need/demand etc.) some sort of rakeback deal, or they'll consider playing elsewhere. Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's only 1 problem with this.... they might consider playing elsewhere, but people are going to play where the softest games are... and right now that's party (for the most part). (Although i'm not a perfect example of this as I have hardly been playing on party/skins lately... tis good to find good games elsewhere with better bonus+rakeback).

kapw7
10-12-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This makes no sense. Whether the player has a rakeback deal or not, party shouldn't care. It's not like they make anymore money on a player who doesn't have rakeback than a player who does. The only person who would make more money is the affiliate. Instead of giving rakeback, he would just keep it all. And the only players who dont have an affiliate are the people who DL direct from the party website. The people who do that have no clue what rakeback is anyway. And once they learn, it wont matter because there is no longer any skin for them to jump ship and start playing at, so party still gets all their play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. Keep dreaming. Party is a POPULAR site (and I'm drunk). They have over 100K players signed. If they allow RB it won't stay secret. It just won't. When someone gives free money it never stays secret for long. So:

1) 100K players will try one way or another to get RB from Party. By legitimate and most of the times illegitimate ways (is this what you call gnome accts?). Can you imagine the frustration of this? And the result for Party. The existing customer that cost them 0$ will now cost them 25-30%.

2) New players who are the only hope for Party to stay alive (they are like blood for a vampire). They will be asking for free money to sign up. So Party will have to either let affiliates make huge money on their expense (since everyone will be signing through affts to get RB) or Party will directly offer RB to new players, which MEANS: they will lose 25-30% of revenues AND most important they will lose a valuable marketing weapon, i.e. the AFFILLIATES.

3) if you give someone free money then they will of course come back for more. So from 0% you go to 25% overnight. And then? From 25 to 26. And from 26 to 27. And so on. And your competitors (see no RB PokerStars) will make 25% more. Perfect

Of course there is one way for Party to give RB. Give RB today and increase rake tomorrow!

Sry for the CAPITALS-I'm drunk
Sry for the English-I'm Greek