PDA

View Full Version : i gave blood today

Maulik
10-11-2005, 08:38 PM
very exciting experience. this glrl i knew from many weekends ago was like give blood. super, it had been about 18hrs since my last meal, but I've got 40 mins to kill before class.

as they cut the seal to the main bag 1 litre and going to finish the sample for my HIV/disease test bag, I get so light-headed I could almost see light. memorable feeling.

give blood on an empty stomach.

touchfaith
10-11-2005, 08:42 PM
I basically pass out when blood is taken from me.

[censored] needles.

Brainwalter
10-11-2005, 08:43 PM
I need to do this more often. So do you (not just op).

ChipWrecked
10-11-2005, 08:46 PM
I used to give really 'happy' blood back in college. Hope nobody got piss tested right after one of my pints.

Maulik
10-11-2005, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I basically pass out when blood is taken from me.

[censored] needles.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't mind needles, but I love giving blood on an empty stomach. i could only imagine what heroin feels like, I'll continue to live vicariously through being light-headed.

Maulik
10-11-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to give really 'happy' blood back in college. Hope nobody got piss tested right after one of my pints.

[/ QUOTE ]

never tried this, they never caught on?

Duffman
10-11-2005, 08:51 PM
I give blood alot. Every couple of months usually.

Getting drunk afterwards if f'n nuts.

Apparently they don't test for pot at most labs, usually just for illness. At least that's what the nurses told me.

mslif
10-11-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The blood you give is not tested for drugs. It is tested for HIV, hepatitis and syphillis.

ChipWrecked
10-11-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The blood you give is not tested for drugs. It is tested for HIV, hepatitis and syphillis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh.

First time I did that in '81 and they handed me the AIDS flyer, I freaked out a little bit. I remember thinking, "Gay men, junkies, Hatians? Fatal? Damn, that's a lot of people, why have I never heard of this?" Welcome to the new world, dude.

uw_madtown
10-11-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I give blood alot. Every couple of months usually.

Getting drunk afterwards if f'n cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg
10-11-2005, 09:07 PM
This is the kind of selflessly noble thing that entitles you to randomly punch a stranger in the face later.

DoubleDown
10-11-2005, 09:11 PM
i never used to donate blood until i started working in a hospital. i now realize how much blood is wasted, and now donate out of guilt.

uw_madtown
10-11-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is the kind of selflessly noble thing that entitles you to randomly punch a stranger in the face later.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always found this attitude curious. Don't get me wrong, I wish everyone would give blood because they ALWAYS need blood (something like 10% of the pop. gives 90% of the blood?), but it's not like it's that heroic or noble. If you make an appointment, it takes an hour out of your day every two months. It just takes so little effort, especially compared to the good it does.

Which, on the one hand, makes me surprised that so many people think it's some great deed to regularly give blood. On the other, it also makes me surprised that more people DON'T give blood. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

jakethebake
10-11-2005, 09:14 PM
Last time I gave blood, there was someone in my office that had never given before. While they were waiting in the other room, I took the band-aid with the cottonball off my arm and stuck it on my neck before I came out. They freaked out. Kinda mean but funny at the time. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Voltron87
10-11-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Last time I gave blood, there was someone in my office that had never given before. While they were waiting in the other room, I took the band-aid with the cottonball off my arm and stuck it on my neck before I came out. They freaked out. Kinda mean but funny at the time. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome.