PDA

View Full Version : AK in BB

jazzcom
10-11-2005, 08:38 PM
Party $10+1 10 person SNG. Hero has 605 after posted BB of 30. 9 Players remaining. MP1, seems like a TAG, has raised 2 pots in the 15-odd hands of the tourney so far, has 700.

Hero is dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Preflop: 2 folds, MP1 raises to 90, folds to hero. Hero?

thanks for listening
-jazz

10-11-2005, 08:46 PM
I push. Your stacksize isnt great, and you are out of position.

pineapple888
10-11-2005, 08:51 PM
I think I call because:

I want to raise... but I'd have to pop it to 275 or more... in which case I might as well go all-in... and I'm not real psyched to do that early in an 11 against a TAG raising from MP1.

And I'm sure not folding.

10-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Yeah I would just call here.

If you hit the flop with an Ace, or 2 pair + then go ahead. If not, you can check/fold this hand.

This is early in the tournament and I dont see a reason to commit your whole stack preflop with AK, especially against a TAG where if you push... his raise has indicated there is almost no fold equity.

jedinite
10-12-2005, 03:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I push. Your stacksize isnt great, and you are out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

With nine players left and still in level 1? Maybe if you're playing the "high variance early == greater $/hr > ROI" theory. But even then i'd be more inclined to stop+go against a TAG - lots more flops that would scare him away versus pushing it in preflop.

Its only 60 more chips. Call and play some postflop poker, even OOP. If you can't play AK OOP. If an ace or king hits, the money goes in and it turns out he has outflopped you, you were going to lose anyways.