PDA

View Full Version : Two weeks in.

10-11-2005, 08:37 PM
Hi

I am now two weeks into my online poker play and my form/results in MTT's sucks !!

I am playing anything between 4 & 10 MTT's per day, varying in entry fees from ~$5-$20.
On many occassions I am able to limp into the money (and I must emphasise LIMP), and on only two occasions have I played my way to the final table (2nd and 7th).

Although not the greatest player I know I am not the worst as I am making a consistent profit at the STT's ($5-$50), however this is not carrying over into my MTT results.

One of the biggest problems I think I have is late in the MTT's when the blinds are high (a big percentage of a smallish stack) I am scared tot ry and play. I am worried a re-raise will make me fold or commit, so I end up waiting for a 'monster' hand, only to find that my all in with the monster scares nobody and the big stacks call me and bust me out.

Am I (in general) letting my stack fall to low to work with ?

Should I worry less about limping into the money, and instead try to play my way into the bigger payouts, by making more marginal calls earlier on ?

Any other advice would be much appreciated.

LethalRose
10-11-2005, 08:50 PM
post hands.

adanthar
10-11-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am playing anything between 4 & 10 MTT's per day, varying in entry fees from ~$5-$20.
On many occassions I am able to limp into the money (and I must emphasise LIMP), and on only two occasions have I played my way to the final table (2nd and 7th).

[/ QUOTE ]

So in 80-100 MTT's*, you've made the final table twice and you think those results are bad?

*comment does not apply if the MTT had <100 people

LethalRose
10-11-2005, 09:05 PM
people over empathasize the significance of ITM and how often you FT. Whats more important is how often you win. In a large MTT, getting 1st in 1 tournament is often much more than finishing 8th in the same mtt 10 times. for me as long as my ROI is positive every month, i dont take a lot of importance on how many FT's i make if i know I'am playing correctly.

10-11-2005, 09:22 PM
All of the mtt's have had 100+ entrants. I think the smallest field was about 150 people.