PDA

View Full Version : Running bad- Should I move down?

10-11-2005, 07:28 PM
I've been playing online poker for about a year and half now. My first month I broke even playing mostly 5 dollar multis. Ever since that first month I haven't had a month where I didn't make money (even during this 3 month bad streak I am breaking even). By my 4th month I stopped playing multis under $20. I currently play the $11 rebuy, $20,$30, sometimes the $50 multis on stars. I've also played the weekly $215 on stars 3 times and cashed twice. I haven't made a final table in these 3 months, although, I only play 1 MTT a week because im doing so bad in them.

Im pretty sure this bad streak will end but I don't know how much longer I can play break even poker because I am a college student and poker money covers my side expenses. I am playing cash games and sit n gos to make extra money but they are a grind to me. I really wanna get back into my winning way at MTT's so should I ride this bad streak out or go back to $5 and $10 dollar multis?

KneeCo
10-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Well only playing 1 a month is not the way to fix things, you will get rusty soon enough.

IMO you should take a short vacation (though it sounds like you've already done so) and then get back to playing regularly at lower limits.

ansky451
10-11-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't made a final table in these 3 months, although, I only play 1 MTT a week because im doing so bad in them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not making a FT in 12 tries, especially in huuuge tournaments, is normal.

ZeroPointMachine
10-11-2005, 08:03 PM
You are not running bad. Your standing still!

Play more tournies!! I would suggest playing 3-4 5/10 tournies instead of your usual one 30/50. Eventually you will find a good stretch of cards when you are playing well and get a little confidence back. Then you'll be better able to play well at the higher limits. You cannot be successful at tournament poker without confidence.