PDA

View Full Version : PLO tourneys preflop ? Xposted from MTT

pfkaok
10-11-2005, 07:07 PM
SO, later in the tournament when the blinds get decent sized, and any reraise will put you 1/4-1/3 of the way in preflop should i usually be reraising with AA hands?

my main delima is i don't know how much of my stack i need to have in preflop to make up for the fact that people will play more correctly against me postflop after i reraise with an AA hand? I feel like with AA i'd have better results flat calling if its likely to be HU, as i'd be more likely to get allin on the flop if it comes favorable, and can more easily fold if the flop is real bad. is this weak/tight thinking for this stack size?

Or, is the solution that i should be reraising with a much wider range of hands? I feel like the reraise usually doesn't have very good fold equity, but is it still okay to do it with any strong hand that will be likely to flop a strong hand or draw that i can push in on a lot of flops?

sorry for the very broad question, but i'm new to these PLO tourneys. i've been playing a decent amount of them lately, and have done okay, but still get into confusing spots more than i do in holdem.