PDA

View Full Version : AA in mp

Schmed
05-27-2003, 11:18 AM
2 callers to me, I raise, 1 fold, lP player calls, SB reraises, 1 EP folds, I EP calls, I cap, all call.

flop

J /forums/images/icons/heart.gif J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

SB bets, ep folds, I raise, LP folds, SB reraises, I cap.

flop

7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

SB bets, I call

River

J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

SB checks, I check

SB shows down K /forums/images/icons/club.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

Thoughts,

Preflop pretty straight forward. I didn't put too much stock in the SB's raises as I have played with him before and know him to be a very loose player/raiser.

Flop

I wanted to cap because I may have the best hand and my thinking is if the SB had a J he'd come out betting on the turn.

Turn

Well here he comes out betting. I really didn't put him on a J because like I said I know the player and I know he would at least try and get tricky if he had it. I figured him for AK, or QQ, something like that. There are a number of players that I play with that I would have seriously considered a fold there. This guy I was seeing the river.

River

The way I saw it nothing really changed all that much. My hand just went to the 3rd nut but it was there all along. I thought about betting here but like I said this guy would try and get a little tricky at some point with a KK, or a Jx. If he did have Jx he would certainly check raise me here.

Zag
05-27-2003, 12:00 PM
What can he possibly have on the river but a king? Unless you are normally way too aggressive when checked to, he wouldn't be trying a check-raise on the river because you had only just called the turn bet. With a J or KK, he would not trust you to bet and would have to bet out the river. Since he didn't, you can be confidant that he only has a king, and you have him beat. Bet it.

JTG51
05-27-2003, 10:32 PM
Against an unknown opponent, I don't think I'd cap the flop. You've done everything you can to announce the strength of your hand loud and clear, and he's still raising. I'd start getting worried. It sounds like you had a good read on this guy though, given that read it looks like a good cap. If your read is that good though, why not raise the turn?

I'd bet the river almost every time. You say he'd check raise quads, but you already told us you are almost sure he doesn't have a moster. Your read was a good one, trust it. Bet the river.