PDA

View Full Version : Virginia player goes for the knees

HajiShirazu
10-11-2005, 06:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2186934
This is probably the worst cheap shot I have seen watching college football. It's about as bad as that thing that happened in boxing where one guy just cold cocked the other barefisted after the decision, except that this was more likely to cause a serious injury. I think this guy would be getting off easy if he got a suspension just for the rest of the season. One game is appaling.

2+2 wannabe
10-11-2005, 06:10 PM
link to vid?

Vince Young
10-11-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
link to vid?

[/ QUOTE ]
http://media.putfile.com/CheapShotUVa_Kiwi25

2+2 wannabe
10-11-2005, 06:19 PM
that's [censored] disgusting

edit: thank you for the vid

imported_anacardo
10-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Jesus. That's worse than what that OSU fucker did to Sorgi last year (two years ago?) Awful.

mblax10
10-11-2005, 09:54 PM
I was watching this game and it made me sick. Kiwanuaka (The BC DE) will probably be the first DE taken in next year's draft and hurt his knee earlier in the game. After the cheap shot a BC LB jumps on top of the Butler (the Virginia lineman). The BC player gets a 15 yard penalty and is ejected.

Later in the game Kiwanauka is getting held badly by Butler, no call. As the play's ending Kiwanuaka slaps Butler in the helmet and he recieves a 15 yard penalty and is ejected. Butler never recieved a penalty, but was suspended 1 game by Virginia today.

The whole incident made me sick and the fact the ACC has not suspended him is just as sick.

PhatTBoll
10-11-2005, 10:31 PM
What surprises me is that so many people are so surprised at UVA and the ACC's reaction. For big-time college sports, integrity went out the door a long time ago.

As long as fans will pay through the nose to watch schools and conferences that let this garbage slide, and the NCAA continues to be an ineffectual wrist-slapper, there is no incentive to clean it up.

Aytumious
10-11-2005, 10:50 PM
That OT should be taken out back, shot, and turned into glue.

ozyman
10-11-2005, 10:51 PM
I was also watching it, good summary. I shot out of my seat and started screaming at the TV. The one upside of the event was that it lit a fire under the asses of the BC squad and they dominated pretty much the rest of the game.

tech
10-12-2005, 12:22 AM
I guess what I don't understand is how the UVA guy made it through the rest of the game. When I was playing, somebody on our squad would have been sent to do the exact same thing (or worse) to him.

wayabvpar
10-12-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess what I don't understand is how the UVA guy made it through the rest of the game. When I was playing, somebody on our squad would have been sent to do the exact same thing (or worse) to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. That was absolutely stomach-turning. What a [censored] punk. And of course, the [censored] zebras [censored] the whole thing up. If I was BC I would be making formal complaints against the officuals, the ACC, and UVA. That is bullshit.

Patrick del Poker Grande
10-12-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'm a bit surprised he didn't get some retaliation, too. He should be suspended for the rest of the year, at minimum. There's no place for this kind of [censored].

ozyman
10-12-2005, 08:01 PM
I agree but the refs wouldn't let it happen. Immediately after the scumbag dove at Kiwi's legs a BC linebacker jumped onto him an recieved a 15 yard penalty and was ejected. Shortly after another BC linebacker went after him and recieved a 15 yard penalty. Kiwi pushed him in the face a drive or two later and was ejected. I am BC alum so I am biased but it seemed the refs went out of their way to screw the newcomers to the ACC.