PDA

View Full Version : creepy slot players

02-21-2002, 01:47 AM
I am positive yall have all seen a few wierdos playing slot machines, while going into a poker room. People who made you want to laugh or cry. Well I would like to hear just how wierd a slot player can get. Best one wins a free pull on a nickel slot /images/smile.gif

My best is this. Once I saw a guy, about 40-50 years old, playing quarter slots at the Silverstar (Philadelphia, MS) while wearing a gold crown. Not a burger king paper crown, but one of some gold colored metal. Maby it was real gold, probably not. I guess it was a better way to keep the space rays out of his head then plain old alluminum foil.

02-21-2002, 01:18 PM
No slot player in particular stands out, but I went to one of the all-time worst places once. I had a summer job in Las Vegas and worked downtown. In Las Vegas I usually paid cash for stuff. So by the end of the summer I had a big can full of change. It had all the coins, so I needed to go somewhere with a change counter that would take it. (My bank didn't want to do it as I remember.) Our office manager suggested we go to the Western. Since they had penny slots, they'd count whatever change you had. Our office was downtown, so one evening after work we cashed in my bucket of change. The Western is a grim experience. The average player has 19 teeth, three cheap cigarettes going at once, an oxygen tank, and hopes of hitting the big $300 jackpot once. A very depressing gambling place.

We ended up going somewhere else and drinking about half of the proceeds from my bucket.

02-21-2002, 01:52 PM
walked into the Golden Nugget once and there was this guy sitting there talking to the machine. Not the usual "come on, machine, let's hit it" type of talk either. It was a more personal conversation along the lines of "don't you remember me? you hit for me last time I was here. I have to hit one because all your other slot friends have been mean to me this trip..." etc.

The guy was all alone, so it wasn't a show for his buddys or anything.

Worst part about it was...he was my friend.

02-21-2002, 06:32 PM
"Worst part about it was...he was my friend. "

Which friend was this? The slot machine you were talking to? /images/wink.gif