PDA

View Full Version : AK hand-what to do?

cosmo kramer
05-27-2003, 06:30 AM
California 6-12. First, a table description. Two awful players. How awful, you ask? One player bet into me on a flop of A-10-5 after I raised preflop with A-J. I raised, call. Check call the turn. Bets the river when a 4 comes and proudly shows 2-3o, called preflop from early position. Other player is just as horrible. One bad player and one okay player.

Anyway, onto the hand. I raise AKo after awful player 1 limps (AP1), awful player 2 coldcalls (AP2) on the button, blinds call, limper calls.

Flop-A /forums/images/icons/club.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif (I do not have a club). Big blind bets, one call, I raise, button 3 bets, small blind caps, all call.

Turn-6 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif . Checked to me, I'm not sure where I am at so I check to see what happens. AP2 bets, small blind calls all-in, big blind checkraises, AP1 coldcalls and its two bets to me. What is my best option and why?

WiredPair
05-27-2003, 08:46 AM
I would have bet out on the turn. You have TPTK. I realize the flop was capped, but could they have capped with flush/straight draws? If you bet out the turn, you'll probably find out quickly if you are behind. If it is then raised behind you, you can either fold or call and check call the river if the flush doesn't get there.

You didn't say anything about how the blinds played (good, bad, aggressive, etc). I suspect that the big blind checkraised either two pair (A4, A3) or trips (44, 33). I would also suspect the others may have been on draws from your description of their play. The SB was obviously shortstacked, so maybe he was simply gettting his money in on a draw as well.

Getting back to what I would do as you played the hand, I believe there are about 23 big bets in the pot now with two bets to you, or about 11.5 odds. Since you don't know if you have any clean outs and are almost certainly behind at this point, I would most likely fold.

rigoletto
05-27-2003, 09:43 AM
Checked to me, I'm not sure where I am at so I check to see what happens. AP2 bets, small blind calls all-in, big blind checkraises, AP1 coldcalls and its two bets to me. What is my best option and why?

You made your descission when you checked the turn!