PDA

View Full Version : Help with advice

10-11-2005, 03:10 PM
I have a home game in which i play with this one guy in a HU tourney and so far we r dead even after 24 games. i dont understand how to adjust to his style. I know i am better but he is a calling station and doesnt fold 4th pair when it clearly looks like he's beat when i try to buy the pot after being aggressive even PF. and he slowplays all his big hands and i have a somewhat read on him but the fact that he calls with anything and slowplays all his big hands confuses me on what he really does have. am i better off playin many small pots unless i am way ahead and try to widdle away at him? when he calls me down he says i just didnt feel u had any of it. but i think he puts this feeling into his head to justify calling when he has very little but still a pair because there are clearly times when i am buying the pot and he doesnt call or raise because he has nothing.

Jorge10
10-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Stop bluffing and you should crush him rather easily. Since its heads up, just take a lot of flops like always, but dont bluff at all. Why do you need to bluff if you know he is paying off all your monster hands anyway.

vexvelour
10-11-2005, 05:05 PM
If you can, put some money online and theres plenty of HU tables for fairly cheap. I did this a few times, but mostly SNG's gave me headsup confidence.

One pair is usually a good hand in headsup play. You need to use your ability to go all in to your advantage. Really, practice is what makes perfect.

Also, it sounds like you're caught up on this one dude. Don't let him get under your skin. You obviously have a good feel for his playing style...use it to your advantage.

Good luck.

10-11-2005, 05:11 PM
thanks guys.