PDA

View Full Version : What's it all about?

Beer and Pizza
10-11-2005, 02:56 PM
If no one is going to remember us or what we did in 100 years, what is the point?

Why bother to be productive?

Why bother to be a good person?

Why not just live for the moment, everybody else be damned?

What's it all about?

pokerdirty
10-11-2005, 02:58 PM
hate to be cliche, but YSSCKY if this is how you feel.

imported_The Vibesman
You put your right foot in. You take your right foot out.

You put your right foot in and you shake it all about.

You do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around.

It's about the afterlife, for those that believe. If you dont you might as well end it now, I know I would.

samjjones
Have you just come to this conclusion?

AngryCola
10-11-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he was just asking a few questions.
If you have never asked any of these questions, I think YSSCKY.

Dominic
Alfie?

asofel
take it to the wreck and ask goD<font color="white">avid S</font>

Beer and Pizza
10-11-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is, why shouldn't I take your suggestion seriously?

How many of the 6 billion people in the world would really care whether I did or not?

asofel
10-11-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is, why shouldn't I take your suggestion seriously?

How many of the 6 billion people in the world would really care whether I did or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe 10 if you're lucky.

Claunchy
10-11-2005, 03:05 PM
Take it here, douchie. (http://www.quarterlifecrisis.com/forums/)

Beer and Pizza
10-11-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Take it here, douchie. (http://www.quarterlifecrisis.com/forums/)

[/ QUOTE ]

You assume I want to be talked out of it. Plus QLC is reserved for my reading pleasure. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ps - did you share with your QLC friends that you just found a job? You go girl. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

diebitter
10-11-2005, 03:14 PM
You put your left leg in...

samjjones
10-11-2005, 03:14 PM
http://www.npr.org/programs/day/features/2004/nov/alfie/oldalfie.jpg
Very nice.

jason_t
10-11-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Why not just live for the moment, everybody else be damned?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if you take this approach very few people, if anyone, will like you and you will lead a miserable live.

You can still live for the moment without worrying about things suchas

[ QUOTE ]
If no one is going to remember us or what we did in 100 years, what is the point?

Why bother to be productive?

Why bother to be a good person?

[/ QUOTE ]

yet if you want to do it happily you'll realize that you won't be if you aren't productive, aren't a good person and don't care for others.

So, if you want to be happy then you do those things. If it's not your interest to be happy it's time to seriously consider killing yourself.

Beer and Pizza
10-11-2005, 03:29 PM
So you are saying having good friends and good family relations is what matters?

But all my friends and family will be unremembered in 100 years too. We will all leave no lasting footprint on this earth. So why bother working? Just party hardy with our friends?

How does being productive lead to happiness?

touchfaith
10-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Even google knows the answer...

http://www.bradleystoke.gov.uk/images/festival2005/postcards/Whats-this-all-about-Mum.jpg

AngryCola
10-11-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So why bother working? Just party hardy with our friends?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if you find no comfort or enjoyment in any work you might do, you still need the job for the necessary money to "party hardy" with friends.

[ QUOTE ]
How does being productive lead to happiness?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your own personality and choices will determine whether or not you find happiness through productivity. It's all you, man.

Beer and Pizza
10-11-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your own personality and choices will determine whether or not you find happiness through productivity. It's all you, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that response coming from you to be amazing, since it was my discussion with you in this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=3643046&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;s b=5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1) that prompted me to ask these questions in the first place.

You seemed to be saying in that thread that even people and organizations that will be well featured in the history books, just don't really matter. If such historical figures wouldn't matter, then how could little old me matter much?

Now, you tell me its all up to me. You seem to be telling me two different things in two different threads. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

HopeydaFish
10-11-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's about the afterlife, for those that believe. If you dont you might as well end it now, I know I would.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it helps to be delusional.

mslif
10-11-2005, 04:08 PM
I think there are no general answers to your questions. You have to find your own meaning and purpose in life.
If you want to be careless and live for the moment, then so be it, it will be your choice and you will have to deal with the consequences, good or bad.
Some people "bother" being productive and being nice because it makes them feel good about themselves and make them happy, that is their choice.
Free will, do whatever you want.

AngryCola
10-11-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that response coming from you to be amazing, since it was my discussion with you in this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=3643046&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;s b=5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1) that prompted me to ask these questions in the first place.

You seemed to be saying in that thread that even people and organizations that will be well featured in the history books, just don't really matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not really what I was saying at all, but we'll leave that discussion in politics.

[ QUOTE ]

Now, you tell me its all up to me. You seem to be telling me two different things in two different threads. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Your own happiness is up to you, of course. I'm not saying your life will be significant to the world, but how you live that life and what matters to you will determine how happy certain things make you.

What's it all about?
Nobody really knows. Just try to live in a way you believe will give yourself a shot at being content.

You are the only one who gets to decide what really 'matters' in your own life.

NorCalJosh
10-11-2005, 04:13 PM
the truth of the matter is that all that really matters is getting laid.

JaBlue
10-11-2005, 04:17 PM
it doesn't matter whether or not you matter or will be remembered in 100 years

jakethebake
10-11-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good response. It's not what you do, it's that you use what you have in a way that is fulfilling to you. If you don't know what that way is, then the search for it can be fulfilling in istelf sometimes.

Stuey
10-11-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good response. It's not what you do, it's that you use what you have in a way that is fulfilling to you. If you don't know what that way is, then the search for it can be fulfilling in istelf sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Quit looking for important things to make you happy. There are lots of stupid silly things that make a person feel just as good. We just have to let our guard down and allow ourselves to enjoy them!

Like pretending it is your B'day everyday you want it to be! Only a truly alive person would think of something like that. And having people like that around you is what makes life fun.

You need to post more imo. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

jason_t
10-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Why are you so set on the question of being remembered 100 years from now? If acheiving that is what will make you happy then take steps in your life to do that. Otherwise if you realize (as you seem to think) that it doesn't matter that you're remembered 100 years from now, figure out what it is that will make you happy and just do it. But I return to my point again, you'll find that the things that keep you happiest are friends and family and to have and be able to care for those people you do need to be productive and show regard for other people.