PDA

View Full Version : common situation - muck to flop min-raise?

montechristo
10-11-2005, 02:40 PM
All players are solid, villain hasn't shown down a hand in an hour but seems TAG. I am probably viewed as somewhat tricky and fairly loose, I have been catching cards. 3/6

Hero - $500, villain covers. Hero raises 2XBB utg w/ aces (hoping someone would pop it up after me?), villain calls in CO, button calls, BB calls. flop 8d,5d,3c. I bet pot, villain minraises, button & BB fold, hero?

I am so lost.

Big_Jim
10-11-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero raises 2XBB utg w/ aces

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise more... you had 4 to the flop on this hand, and likely will most times you make this play.

[ QUOTE ]
I bet pot, villain minraises

[/ QUOTE ]
I find the min-raise to be the most read-dependant play, in terms of how to react to it.

For many players, it means two pair or better.

For many others, it means top pair weak kicker or worse.

For others still, they mix it up.

Without a read, I take a card off (Especially if you have A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif) and lead the turn, folding to any further aggression.

spoohunter
10-11-2005, 02:54 PM
Given how little you put in preflop, dumping this here without reads is fine. However, I don't like that line in general, which is why you need some reads.

Twoplustwo is good for many things, but telling you what this bet means in this spot is not something we can help you with.

Huhmare
10-11-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Without a read, I take a card off (Especially if you have A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif) and lead the turn, folding to any further aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a good line.. CO might raise with wide range of hands including many draws, because he has the position. If he still raises the turn, hero needs to get out.

How much do you bet on the turn?

Big_Jim
10-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Off the top of my head.... 2/3-3/4 pot.

iceman5
10-11-2005, 04:39 PM
If youre not going to make a real raise with AA in EP, then dont raise at all. Lots of people min raise with AA and KK in EP. As soon as you raise (no matter what the amount), you draw attention to yourself and people start trying to put you on a hand.

Either raise for real, or limp so everyone thinks you have a random limping hand.

I limp alot up front with AA / KK but I would never minimum raise.