PDA

View Full Version : Stoudemire out four months

Aces McGee
10-11-2005, 02:31 PM
link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2187484)

-McGee

Hornacek
10-11-2005, 02:42 PM
FACKKKKKKKK

I drafted him 7th overall last night, thinking he'd be out for only a month. DAMN IT.

pokerdirty
10-11-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stoudemire, who turns 23 next month, signed a five-year, $73 million contract extension last week, the maximum allowed under the NBA's collective bargaining agreement with the players union.

[/ QUOTE ]

niiiiiice, he inks, then gets a 4 month paid vacation. at least he'll be rested for the playoffs.

ThaSaltCracka
10-11-2005, 03:18 PM
<drops him in my Yahoo player ranking>

The bigger question is, how huge is this for the Suns. I don't think they go over .500 for those 4 months.

Aces McGee
10-11-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think they go over .500 for those 4 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. This is pretty sad; one of last year's most entertaining teams loses three of its top five. I'm disappointed that we'll miss four months of Amare playing with Nash.

-McGee

PS--This also kills my keeper league team.

ThaSaltCracka
10-11-2005, 03:51 PM
Well:
1. I hate the Suns
2. I am a Sonics fan

So I am pretty happy.

Phoenix1010
10-11-2005, 04:14 PM
The Suns are so screwed. So they traded away basically all of their three point shooting and full court athleticism, and now they've lost the guy who was all set to be the best player in the league. Game plan change, at least now we can see if D'Antoni can coach, and it gives Nash a chance to show that he's an MVP caliber player without an entire team of allstar caliber athletes revolving around him. Seems strange to say this, but a blow like this might hurt their playoff chances. Not that it matters, San Antonio is looking like they could win 70 games if they put in the effort, and they are going to steamroll through the playoffs convincingly. Kurt Thomas and Raja Bell were not going to be the big factors the Suns were hoping for.

NoChance
10-11-2005, 04:26 PM
I don't really have a favorite NBA team. I like certain players instead. Having lived in MN for the past 8 years I really got to like Garnett. After watching Phoenix last year in the playoffs and moving to AZ two months ago, I was really looking forward to seeing him play. He is a very explosive/exciting player. I guess that wont happen now.

10-11-2005, 05:46 PM
The suns will be fine, they will win enough games to win their division which guarentees them a 2 or 3 seed as long as Stoudemire comes back off his injury ok. Remember last year they didnt have Joe Johnson for most of the series against the Spurs and Q Rich did nothing. They will be better matched up against the spurs this year then last with the added players Raja Bell and K Thomas. All those games last year were close they can play with the Spurs.

ThaSaltCracka
10-11-2005, 06:03 PM
ugh, looking at that sorry ass division, they may just take it. My sleeper pick is Golden State or LAL though.

[ QUOTE ]
They will be better matched up against the spurs this year then last with the added players Raja Bell and K Thomas. All those games last year were close they can play with the Spurs.

[/ QUOTE ] You lost me at "they".

10-11-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You lost me at "they".

[/ QUOTE ]

uh they meaning the suns. Think about it no Joe Johnson for most of the series last year, and Q Rich did nothing. All the games were still close. Kurt Thomas was brought in to help with their inside toughness and rebounding, and Raja Bell can help with Tony Parker. So they are definately in better shape this year against the Spurs then last.

SomethingClever
10-11-2005, 06:34 PM
So now the question is.... what round do you draft him in?

JcTc
10-11-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So now the question is.... what round do you draft him in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jason Kidd had the same surgery last year, but much earlier in the summer. Once he came back him minutes were limited for quite a while. Amare is not supposed to come back until around the All-Star break, and will be eased back in when he comes back. So I'm thinking round 7-8 if you have an IL spot on your roster; if not, I don't know if it would be worth the hassle.

Marion is looking like a pretty good #3 pick now in my opinion.