PDA

View Full Version : HELP A RENEWBIE

potmo
05-27-2003, 02:24 AM
OK I know I suppose I should be searching archives or some such but could someone please tell me....

How and when did this "zoo" term originate? Does it apply to all 2+2 or just the internet gambling part.

What the hell is VP? How did these matches work?

Any other key acronyms and phrases I should know about?

-potmo

jasonHoldEm
05-27-2003, 02:29 AM
LOL...the zoo is the internet gambling forum...not sure who started it, but it is a reference to the fact that we tend to be a little crazier than the other forums.

VP is victorypoker, another poker site. They tought they were better than us and we showed them that they weren't (ok, it was all clean fun for the most part...but still...we rule).

KoZ is the only other one I can think of...King of the Zoo, a monthly hold'em tournament started and coordinated by Simon.

peace,
jHE
(Why am I still up at this hour?)

lorinda
05-27-2003, 02:33 AM
Without giving the game away too much (Simon Diamond's zoo website will have more info soon), the zoo was coined by someone on another forum having an internet question and claiming "Im not going into that zoo" and posting on the small stakes instead.

Several of us picked it up and started to use the name sarcastically...it stuck

VP is another forum, Victory Poker, they invaded here after one of their renegades came and went a bit funny at us, so we ended up having a best of three challenge...which we won 2-1.

Kooks and Goons on here are people who believe online poker is unfair / people who believe it is fair.

The KGC is the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, a rather shady outfit.

MS Sunshine shreds cats in a wood chipper when he loses.

Chief Cacadoodoo is the fictitious owner of the KGC

Oooooo, there's so many, it's like a soap opera, you'll pick it up.

Lori

GrannyMae
05-27-2003, 02:56 AM
Chief Cacadoodoo is the fictitious owner of the KGC

there goes your winning streak dumbass.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/k0/smashfreak.gif

Hung
05-27-2003, 03:06 AM
I subscribed to VP, because you guys talk so much about it.
I tried to read a post and I got an error message

Database connection error!!!
A connection to the Database could not be established.
Please check your username, password, database name and host.
Also make sure config.php is rightly configured!

When connecting, the database returned:
Error 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

I suppose I'm not welcome. The system is refusing me /forums/images/icons/frown.gif (haha)

Stew
05-27-2003, 07:18 PM
Don't let eWee see this post, or he'll be all over Simon's ass about being in the KOTZ tourneys and claiming he'll kick everyone's butt!

http://www.twoplustwo.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=plnlpoker&Number=263479&pa ge=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1

jasonHoldEm
05-27-2003, 07:44 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
...and started to use the name sarcastically...

[/ QUOTE ]

I am unaware of any IG posters who are sarcastic...

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif
jHE