PDA

View Full Version : Real Estate Question

Rooster71
10-11-2005, 02:18 PM
I am interested in learning about investing in real estate deals that are put together by syndicators. I have a background in real estate, but this type of deal is beyond my experience. I am referring to the type of deal where the syndicator buys a parcel of land (I should have mentioned I am referring only to raw land) that is paid for by selling shares to investors.

The reason this idea is intriguing is that I have sold some properties to syndicators at prices that seemed to be at the extreme high side of the market, and within a year or so the syndicator sold it at a much higher price. Appreciation is only a small part of the increase in price. I think that most of the profit lies in the fact that the syndicator specializes in certain property types and has contact with the "big money" buyers like REITs and various types of developers.

Basically I am just throwing out the idea for discussion since it seems to have been profitable for some investors in the DFW Metroplex. Does anyone here have any experience with this type of deal?