PDA

View Full Version : Poster of the week award hots up....

lorinda
05-26-2003, 11:39 PM
The IG big hitters have stepped it up a notch in the hunt for poster of the week.

First out of the blocks, was Tom D, using his famous 9.9 Tariff Kook double-flip BS special, he wrote:

You know what would really be cool? To be an owner of an online poker site, or a trusted employee, where you could tap into the system and see everyone’s hole cards during the game. That would really be cool

Combining Sarcasm, Current Affairs, and of course, a big dollop of Kookiness.

New boy Edwardr was eager to win votes in the Zoo poll early in his career. He invited us to "meet the real me!"
Who could decline such a nice offer... here are just a few quotes from the "real" Eddie:

Edwardr here! I know I didn’t make such a wonderful first impression and to those who may have been hurt I sincerely apologize

If we had "YOU"RE A [censored]-UP" smiley, I'd put it right here

Once you mess your shorts Granny, you can't walk around in them for 3 days, you begin to stink

A novel strategy for winning over the audience, but it might ... just ... work

Another new kid to the block, JasonHoldEm, has posted a series of excellent thoughts about the game from a newbie angle, however, his real attempt to emerge on the scene, has to come from this quote:

Tom,
I really don't see where you get off on trying to label this as spam. I'm tempted to carefully explain to you just how wrong you are, but I'll leave that to the professional at this site (yeah, you know who I mean), that is, if that certain individual sees the point in wasting her time on you

Now I know I had a vested interest in that post, but really, nice one jason, thats a pro-flame you got going there.

Another Big name to step up his game, is David Gzsomething from True, he has gone from informative, to well...let's see what you think:

.... bonus whores should think of the overlay value there .....

(Regarding the possibility of True making another gesture if they mess up again)

We might not invent the wheel, but our cars should have round ones too.)

I was going to sign up for Victory Poker's forums ... but if it means I might stumble across a picture of Granny in a hot tub, forget it

... so I can't type, flop was 7 3 2 on the second hand

if she created the thread simply to tout a site where ZERO rake was charged in $1-2 games in any pot below $12.00 ... but she did not do that.

Not only did he and his site make an excellent gesture, but really, the guy is getting funnier and more sarcastic daily, I shall be avoiding any tangles with HIM in the coming days.

Normally sharp, observant and witty Jimbo has been surprisingly quiet, especially considering the resurgence of Tom D.

However, he is still with us, as he popped in to cheer us on vs the VP guys, and also noticed this:

K 4 3 in two consecutive flops David? You are gonna start the biggest conspiracy thread ever posted on this forum unless you post a correction!!

Which may have triggered the change in the personality of Mr. Gztrickynametospell.

Now to the big two, Granny went missing for a few hours, but still managed a lot of classic lines, including:

if that was bad behaivor on my part, then they don't know granny

Granny is waiting Mo. shall we do it at pokerstars at a head-up sit and go? or would you like to come to my place and play for sexual favors and cookies?

And of course, when someone has a $100 seat to sell..

i'll give you $65. i can transfer the funds to you immediately. please post or private message.
(NO WAITING!! you may not be able to sell if you take sunlights advice.. sell it NOW)

HURRY

Which leaves only one major player, and that is of course online...no wait, ...

MS Sunshine.

MSS has been in startling form this week, scaring the hell out of the competition on all fronts, and leading to increased sarcasm and flaming from everyone trying to catch up.

I believe however, his lead is unassailable, as the following quotes show:

Ah don't make me admit OC was correct. I would rather eat kitty litter.

If I win a multi-million tournamernt online, burn the computer, grab the cats and flee the state. Ah, screw the cats I'll buy new ones when the money is safe.

The classic reply to Granny's

"why can't i post on your forum? i won't cuss or beg for sex"

She's lying.

and MSS just wouldn't be MSS without a healthly dollop of sarcasm.

I've never had a better nights sleep then the last two nights after watching you finish just out of the money, both nights in a $215. The chat does make me a little sleepy, but it's nice to sit around with the other devoted OnlineChamp fans to root you on.

And of course, the entire post of the month, already, and I don't care what else is posted, so save them till June 1st....

The cats have more important things to ponder, the humming birds are back. Current score:

Shadow 8 birds 0 humming birds

Shaggy 1 bird(he caught his at night.) 0 humming birds

Ginger 0 birds 0 humming birds

My picks for the coming year:

1. Humming birds Win(these guys are really fast)

2. Shadow(although his current strategy to sit as close to the humming bird feeder as possible may not be optimal)

3. If Shaggy's fat ass catches another bird, I'll stick my own fat ass in the woodchipper.

4. Ginger, who is male, but we thought he was female at first, can only catch a bird if it flys into his mouth.

I could put Xaanex into the humming bird feeders, and my cats would still not catch them. With that disclaimer, I may set-up a live web cam and have wagering on the outcome of the cats and the birds.

MS Sunshine

Most of these are in the last couple of days, thanks to all for making this forum the most hilarious place on the net in between the poker posts.

Lori

lorinda
05-26-2003, 11:48 PM
Of course, as I was posting this, Myrtle made his move.

Lori

MS Sunshine
05-26-2003, 11:52 PM
I almost swallowed my tougue laughing when Granny first refered to edwardr as "Eddie the pinhead".

I wonder if that username is taken?

I'm striving to be the first inductee in Simon's Hall of Funny.

MS Sunshine

Myrtle
05-26-2003, 11:53 PM
ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simon Diamond
05-27-2003, 12:20 AM
Just like you had me in kinks the other night when OC was playing that Omaha tourney. Anybody would have thought you didn't like the guy /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Lorinda - totally agree with you, post of the month has to be MS and his cats. Typical zoo humour.

Simon

jasonHoldEm
05-27-2003, 12:34 AM
/forums/images/icons/grin.gif Happy to do my part

GrannyMae
05-27-2003, 01:59 AM
Edwardr....Once you mess your shorts Granny, you can't walk around in them for 3 days, you begin to stink

ya know?? i gotta give him credit for this tho. i tied it and it has helped alot.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/i0/kloguck.gif