PDA

View Full Version : $11's: AQ L3...

Dr_Jeckyl_00
10-11-2005, 12:52 PM
I think that when I am playing well, I fold here... when I am tiliting I call or push... what are your thoughts... and WHY?

Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: pleasefold53 (165)
Seat 2: domino9999 (505)
Seat 3: Dr_Jeckyl_00 (820)
Seat 4: apaul14 (1070)
Seat 6: mpkow (1060)
Seat 7: isavem1 (1330)
Seat 8: mickyrat (975)
Seat 9: jamievosmus (1030)
Seat 10: harryseldon (1045)
domino9999 posts small blind (25)
Dr_Jeckyl_00 posts big blind (50)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Dr_Jeckyl_00 [ Qs, Ah ]
apaul14 folds.
mpkow folds.
isavem1 folds.
mickyrat folds.
jamievosmus raises (150) to 150
harryseldon folds.
pleasefold53 folds.
domino9999 folds.
HERO?
Results in White <font color="white">
Dr_Jeckyl_00 folds.
** Summary **
Main Pot: 225
pleasefold53 balance 165, didn't bet (folded)
domino9999 balance 480, lost 25 (folded)
Dr_Jeckyl_00 balance 770, lost 50 (folded)
apaul14 balance 1070, didn't bet (folded)
mpkow balance 1060, didn't bet (folded)
isavem1 balance 1330, didn't bet (folded)
mickyrat balance 975, didn't bet (folded)
jamievosmus balance 1105, bet 150, collected 225, net +75
harryseldon balance 1045, didn't bet (folded)
</font>

Here is another AQ hand in same game L4... what is your line and WHY?

Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: pleasefold53 (255)
Seat 3: Dr_Jeckyl_00 (695)
Seat 4: apaul14 (1195)
Seat 6: mpkow (2600)
Seat 8: mickyrat (1520)
Seat 9: jamievosmus (1735)
Dr_Jeckyl_00 posts small blind (50)
apaul14 posts big blind (100)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Dr_Jeckyl_00 [ Ah, Qd ]
mpkow folds.
mickyrat calls (100)
jamievosmus folds.
pleasefold53 raises (255) to 255
pleasefold53 is all-In.
HERO?
Results in White <font color="white">
Dr_Jeckyl_00 raises (645) to 695
Dr_Jeckyl_00 is all-In.
apaul14 folds.
mickyrat calls (595)
Creating Main Pot with $865 with pleasefold53
Creating Side Pot 1 with $880 with Dr_Jeckyl_00
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 2d, 9s, Kh ]
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 8h ]
** Dealing River ** : [ 7h ]
** Summary **
Main Pot: 865 | Side Pot 1: 880 |
Board: [ 2d 9s Kh 8h 7h ]
pleasefold53 balance 865, bet 255, collected 865, net +610 [ Qs 8d ] [ a pair of eights -- Kh,Qs,9s,8d,8h ]
Dr_Jeckyl_00 balance 880, bet 695, collected 880, net +185 [ Ah Qd ] [ high card ace -- Ah,Kh,Qd,9s,8h ]
apaul14 balance 1095, lost 100 (folded)
mpkow balance 2600, didn't bet (folded)
mickyrat balance 825, lost 695 [ Tc Qh ] [ high card king -- Kh,Qh,Tc,9s,8h ]
jamievosmus balance 1735, didn't bet (folded)
</font>

Sykes
10-11-2005, 01:00 PM
I do the same play on both hands. NHs

liucipher
10-11-2005, 01:04 PM
I'm pretty sure the second is correct.

Does anyone else flat-call the first one? It's a 100 more chips with a "disguised" hand because you're in the BB. I guess BB also means you're out of position, but you're dumping if you don't hit the flop anyway... That's probably a leak of mine ...

pooh74
10-11-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone else flat-call the first one? It's a 100 more chips with a "disguised" hand because you're in the BB. I guess BB also means you're out of position, but you're dumping if you don't hit the flop anyway... That's probably a leak of mine ...

[/ QUOTE ]

#2 is perfect.

#1, At a party SNG, flat calling here might be a leak. If you consider an A or Q an out preflop, then you are getting 2-1 on the call, and 1/3 of the time you will flop an A or Q.

Here are the problems:

1. Is raiser TAG? -this might mean either of your cards might not be outs. IOW a very TAG player at level 3 will be raising with a every tight range and neither of your cards may be outs. QQ-AA, AK. Of course his range is wider than that, but do you think enough to offset the break even odds you are getting?

2. If he is a TAG, then you might not be getting any implied odds because even if you do flop one of your 6 outs, he might fold to your bet. A CR may also be futile, unless your are behind. Therefore this is seems to be a breakevenish call at BEST!

3. If he is a LAG, then this might be a better call, but you are OOP and have no idea where you are. If I had a sure read on villain as a LAG and he has been playing a lot of pots, and open raising often, I might push here...but barring this quite specific read would just call.

If no read, a fold is semi proper, but tough.

<font color="blue">******EDIT: disregard everything above bc I just realized the BB was 100, and that DJ was in SB not BB...I think I had 1 and 2 confused.

DJ #2 I push...if, however, you were BB and the bb was t50, then I would use my analysis...sorry for the mix up. (BTW, even if the blind was 50, pushing would not be a HORRIBLE mistake in #2) </font>

RobGW
10-11-2005, 01:21 PM
HAnd1: Its a difficult decision because you don't really want to be in a coinflip just yet. If you thought you had FE or if you thought he had a weaker unpaired hand you could push. If you thought he was a donk who would call off his stack with JJ even when you hit a Q or an A then you could flat call. Without a read I would probably fold though.

Hand2: Mickey flat calls which to me indicates weakness. Jamie goes all in but he is so short that could mean anything decent but not necessarily a monster. I'd say any pair or two high cards. I'd say your AQ is probably the best hand and if you are in a coinflip you have a decent overlay. Mickey will probably fold if you push and you'll flip with the shortstack. No big deal given the overlay. You are also in 5th place out of 6 players with only 6x the BB. This is I spot where I would gamble to get back in good chip position.

Dr_Jeckyl_00
10-11-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What if an A flops... your toast against AK, which villain could very well have since he raised here... that is why I folded... at level 3...

Dr_Jeckyl_00
10-11-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

#2 is perfect.

#1, At a party SNG, flat calling here might be a leak. If you consider an A or Q an out preflop, then you are getting 2-1 on the call, and 1/3 of the time you will flop an A or Q.

Here are the problems:

1. Is raiser TAG? -this might mean either of your cards might not be outs. IOW a very TAG player at level 3 will be raising with a every tight range and neither of your cards may be outs. QQ-AA, AK. Of course his range is wider than that, but do you think enough to offset the break even odds you are getting?

2. If he is a TAG, then you might not be getting any implied odds because even if you do flop one of your 6 outs, he might fold to your bet. A CR may also be futile, unless your are behind. Therefore this is seems to be a breakevenish call at BEST!

3. If he is a LAG, then this might be a better call, but you are OOP and have no idea where you are. If I had a sure read on villain as a LAG and he has been playing a lot of pots, and open raising often, I might push here...but barring this quite specific read would just call.

If no read, a fold is semi proper, but tough.

<font color="blue">******EDIT: disregard everything above bc I just realized the BB was 100, and that DJ was in SB not BB...I think I had 1 and 2 confused.

DJ #2 I push...if, however, you were BB and the bb was t50, then I would use my analysis...sorry for the mix up. (BTW, even if the blind was 50, pushing would not be a HORRIBLE mistake in #2) </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

If this were Level 4 I would push, level 3 I still am playing tightish from EP w/ AQ... blinds not that valuable to me yet...

pooh74
10-11-2005, 02:00 PM
geez I am tired...#1 WAS right...ughhh

The Yugoslavian
10-11-2005, 02:31 PM
Fold - your stacks are too shallow to call and I don't like pushing as you have very little FE.

Easy push.

Yugoslav