PDA

View Full Version : Did i play it right?

10-11-2005, 12:52 PM
I was playing a MTT on Paradise. It was on the bubble and i was in 7th with 15 players left - top 10 getting money. I was dealt 10/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif in late position, one off the button. I raised the pot when it folded to me. SB came over the top for not the whole pot but a raise that was a good 2/3 my chip stack. I called, flop the nut flush draw, and was commited. I lost and busted in 15th.

Was I right to play preflop on the bubble with this hand, or should I have kept my chips and hoped to make the money?

autobet
10-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Seems fine to me.

You are a long way from the money, and finishing ninth or tenth is small time.

This is a great hand and winning here gives you a good shot at finishing in the top five.

10-12-2005, 02:05 PM
I would have done the same, its a good oppurtunity to try and make it to the top.

DRKEVDC
10-13-2005, 03:35 PM
It depends on if you wanted to try and limp into the money. I always go for the win, so I play it the same way that you did.

RickyG
10-13-2005, 05:58 PM
whats the point of calling if you are going to have to go all-in on the flop. Just push before the flop, that way you get to see all 5 cards no matter what. Also you might get some mentally deficient player to fold thinking you have aes to his kings or something crazy like that.

Other than that, I think this is a situation where if you wanna make any money on the tourney, you have to gabool.
my $0.02

Autocratic
10-13-2005, 06:26 PM
Good except just push it preflop.