PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Partyism's - New 8 tabling annoyances

otctrader
10-11-2005, 12:47 PM
There are some annoying by-products of playing 8+ SNG tables on the same site now; first of all, Party apparently decreased the timeout clock to 15 seconds, so you have less time to act.

The second, perhaps more pertinent, is that if you're sitting in the lower right hand corner, the little "Table xxxxx" boxes (that pop up when it's your action on another table) will completely obscure your chip count.

Unless you have a mod, don't sit there.

The4Aces
10-11-2005, 12:49 PM
Lol i noticed the annoying table options thing also.

brimstone1
10-11-2005, 12:51 PM
I think making table_options.gif 100% transparent would probably fix the right hand bottom corner problem... but unfortunately I don't have any photo editing software capable of such a thing :/

pineapple888
10-11-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think making table_options.gif 100% transparent would probably fix the right hand bottom corner problem... but unfortunately I don't have any photo editing software capable of such a thing :/

[/ QUOTE ]

How about just deleting the damn file? I'm at work and can't try it, anyone want to give it a shot?

10-13-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about just deleting the damn file?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, tried it, Party won't run if you just delete it.

But what I did instead was take the table_options bitmap file (in the Images folder) and photoshopped it. I don't know how to make it transparent like was mentioned above, but I just cropped it to a little stub. Worked great.

Next I might color it green, but you know...I haven't decided. All I know is that goddamn bar is at my mercy now. I think I might just leave the stub there to always remind myself of the day I finally Bobbit-ized the table options bar.

tshort
10-13-2005, 09:46 PM
Replace table_options.bmp in .../PartyPoker/Images/ with:

table_options.bmp (http://people.ku.edu/~tshort/table_options.bmp)

Right-click and save as.

Bitmap is reduced to 2x2 pixel square, so you can't see it. You can't make a bitmap transparent.

10-13-2005, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All I know is that goddamn bar is at my mercy now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, stickin' it to the man eh? You fight the power brother /images/graemlins/grin.gif

beeyjay
10-13-2005, 10:29 PM
ya its good to see theyve regressed in technology with the update. those table buttons used to block the lower right's stack and then they fixed it. now its back. wonderful. was it a tell when i asked my table how many chips i had?

On another note i have noticed quite a bit of lag time playing 8 tables at party. This makes it seem like you are playing far more tables than 8 when you have to click the fold button twice only to have to go back to that table and click it again before anything happens. Everything just keeps stalling on me. not terribly, but enough to notice and make it annoying. Has anybody else experienced this or is it my machine. A week ago simultaneously 4 tabling empire and 4 tabling multi i ddint notice anything like this so its ghetto.

microbet
10-13-2005, 10:38 PM
Very nice. Thank you. I was going to have to either install photoshop on the computer I have party or vice versa.