PDA

View Full Version : BB/100, what does it mean usually?

shday
10-11-2005, 12:44 PM
Ok, I hope this question is not as stupid as it looks. I just started using Poker Tracker and found that BB/100 means "Big Bets" per 100 instead of Big Blinds per 100. I find this puzzling as I thought BB always refers to "big blind".

So my question is: generally, on twoplustwo, when someones refers to "BB/100", does the BB stand for Big Bets or Big Blinds?

Thanks,

shday

DrSavage
10-11-2005, 12:58 PM
Big bets when discussing limit.
In no limit it can be either.

dogmeat
10-11-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I hope this question is not as stupid as it looks. I just started using Poker Tracker and found that BB/100 means "Big Bets" per 100 instead of Big Blinds per 100. I find this puzzling as I thought BB always refers to "big blind".

So my question is: generally, on twoplustwo, when someones refers to "BB/100", does the BB stand for Big Bets or Big Blinds?

Thanks,

shday

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker tracker gives stats from limit as big bets
Poker tracker gives stats from no-limit as 2x the big blind

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

tpir90036
10-11-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought BB always refers to "big blind".

[/ QUOTE ]
No. There are plenty of threads in the strategy forums where people do post-flop calculations based on SBs and BBs meaning small bets and big bets.

[ QUOTE ]
generally, on twoplustwo, when someones refers to "BB/100", does the BB stand for Big Bets or Big Blinds?

[/ QUOTE ]
No generally about it. They always mean big bets.

Context.

AaronBrown
10-11-2005, 04:54 PM
While you can't be sure, your first guess is lower case (sb and bb) refer to blinds and upper case (SB and BB) refer to bets. So it's often the case that bb = SB.

shday
10-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the clear answers. Much appreciated.