PDA

View Full Version : 85s monster draw hand

B Dids
10-11-2005, 10:54 AM
Party 3/6 6 max. I'm at a table with 5 flagrant retards. Beyond myself, the 2nd best player is like 40/11.

UTG has posted a big + dead blind. He checks.

Next guy limps

CO Raises, this is a clear indication that he's been dealt into the hand and hasn't fallen off his chair. He doesn't always raise, but his raise isn't at all an indication that he's got a hand.

Button cold calls. He's Mr. 40/11.

I call in the BB with 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (how much do we hate this? I know it's loose, but big pot plus terrible players, maybe...)

UTG folds (that was unepxected). UTG+1 calls.

Flop comes 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to CO, he bets, button raises (he might do this with a flush draw), I call, folded back to the CO who calls.

(anybody want to 3-bet here?).

Turn is the 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to the button, he bets, I raise, CO 3-bets, button calls, I cap.

River is the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet intending to call one raise but not two.

I feel like all streets could be played differently, but I don't hate my line either.

Entity
10-11-2005, 10:59 AM
I'd bet the turn. The rest looks good.

Rob

stigmata
10-11-2005, 11:12 AM
The preflop call is fine.

I would donkbet the flop and look to get raised by CO. You have a boat load of equity here, you want to see the flop capped with as many people hanging around.

I would then bet the turn. I may well call 2 on the river, if they would do this with AK and KK etc.

spydog
10-11-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet the turn. The rest looks good.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

Also, I would be intending to call a raise/reraise on this river. I don't think you want to fold this hand based on the action.

B Dids
10-11-2005, 11:30 AM
If I bet and the CO raises it means nothing. I don't think the button raises the CO w/o a better flush.

Given the way the CO played, I was confident the turn wouldn't get checked through.

Entity
10-11-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Given the way the CO played, I was confident the turn wouldn't get checked through.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you were confident that CO wouldn't fold for two cold and that Button wouldn't raise a bet?

B Dids
10-11-2005, 11:49 AM
No. The button was lucid enough that if I donk into him, he's likely not raising and it's likely that the CO was seeing showdown or at least the river with most holdings.

stigmata
10-11-2005, 11:55 AM
Nobody agrees that we have to pump this hand on the flop more?
We have like 55% pot equity, you have to find the best way to get more money in on the flop. Betting out this flop and gettting raised looks like a good option.

B Dids
10-11-2005, 11:59 AM
I think my line on the flop lets me get more bets on the turn when I make my hand. I probably would have check-raised had not the button raised, but after he did I thought calling and setting up a turn c/r might be best.

The button was bad, but he wasn't a total retard, he probably doesn't raise me with nearly as many holdings as he raises the CO.

JohnnyHumongous
10-11-2005, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think my line on the flop lets me get more bets on the turn when I make my hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if the straight comes though, as flushes on board slows the action down bigtime if you all of a sudden spring to life after calling 2 cold on the flop. Pumping flop conceals the flushiness of your hand if/when it hits so ironically you often get more action on future streets when you hit your flush if you pump the flop.