PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 nl live JJ turn decision

meleader2
10-11-2005, 09:17 AM
villain is UTG with 400$
i'm CO with 175$ and red JJ:

villain raises UTG for 10$, i make it 30$, folds around to him whom calls:

read: villain loves baby aces, but i don't think he raises preflop with them in this position; i also don't think he thinks about position...he bluffs alot too

flop (54$~ after rake):

A/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif

he checks, i check.

turn:

[A/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif] 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

he thinks, raps the table while bowing his head...hmm. i 20$ bet. he makes it 50$. i...?

meleader2
10-11-2005, 09:21 AM
i realize the line looks weak. i didn't want to commit my stack on an underpair. the 20$ bet leaves me open for a steal, but it could also look like i'm holding AA, which he probably isn't thinking about or would care if he has any A anyway, and i thought i could wait for a better spot to take him down later

DMACM
10-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Theres no way you can call his reraise on the turn. I prefer a continuation bet on the flop of at least half the pot to your small turn bet.

PinkSteel
10-11-2005, 11:06 AM
With the turn bet, were you hoping to fold better hands, or get a call from worse ones?

meleader2
10-11-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
With the turn bet, were you hoping to fold better hands, or get a call from worse ones?

[/ QUOTE ]

call from worse ones. the guy was like a book, a few hands prior he raises pre checks to river, Q hits he fires 50$ flips up AQ.

my real concern is the amount of $ in the pot respective to my stack...whether a call/push is better than a fold in the case he does NOT have the ace.

The_Bends
10-11-2005, 11:23 AM
You say he bluffs alot but then is also a sraightforward book. You also say he doesn't think about position but wouldn't play a small Ace from early position but would from late. You need to clarify your read a bit.

If you know the guy loves to hang on to aces then the flop is pretty bad for you. I'd 50:50 2/3pot continuation betting and checking on the flop. On the turn your raise is terrible because a player who loves to bluff will certainly raise such a weak feeler bet. Attempting to represent AA is unlikely to work because only a real donk you fold an A for another $20 reasoning it must be a slowplayed set. If you check the flop you have to check the turn and you can then check/call a reasonable bet on the river.