PDA

View Full Version : Turn c/r semibluff vs. aggressive player - skins 1/2 6-max

Ghazban
10-11-2005, 09:07 AM
Game is 4-handed. Villain is on the button and is very aggressive both before and after the flop. This might be due to a run of good cards or it could be that he's just running everyone over as he's been winning most of his pots without ever getting to showdown. Effective stack size is $220.

Two people limp, SB completes, I rap in the BB with A /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif . This action is a rarity as most pots have been raised preflop.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif ($8)

SB checks, I bet $6, UTG folds, villain raises to $20, SB folds. Villain's either hitting the crap out of every flop or capable of raising a wide range of hands here so I don't give him credit for having a king or better; I might even be ahead of a smaller flush or gutshot straight draw. I call.

Turn: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ($48)

I pause a couple seconds, then check. Villain bets $30, I quickly push.

meleader2
10-11-2005, 09:13 AM
pretty standard. i do this a lot too. i'm sure you know you're beat...at least until the river. you said villain was aggressive, but did you say aggressive where? he has position, but what is he limping with on the button that he doesn't like to raise with preflop?

Ghazban
10-11-2005, 09:16 AM
He's aggressive on all streets. The fact the he wasn't first in might have something to do with his lack of a preflop raise. I'm fairly certain he'd've raised anything he wanted to play if UTG had folded preflop.

meleader2
10-11-2005, 09:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He's aggressive on all streets. The fact the he wasn't first in might have something to do with his lack of a preflop raise. I'm fairly certain he'd've raised anything he wanted to play if UTG had folded preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh right it's 4 handed. in that case, nh, even if any K calls you've got outs. good play.