PDA

View Full Version : Playing Omaha to clear bonus

TWINUNO
10-11-2005, 07:56 AM
Wouldnt be easier to sit down on a couple of 6 max omaha tables on empire even at the lower limits to clear the bonus since every hand is pretty much raked since everyone is so loose. Just trying to help

OrianasDaad
10-11-2005, 08:15 AM
This is how I cleared the multipoker bonus a few months ago, but at the full game instead.

It was incredibly boring, but 75% raked hands at .50/1 Omaha High isn't too bad. If you nut peddle, you should be OK.

DuggleBogey
10-11-2005, 08:49 AM
If you are good at Omaha and like the game, yes.

If not, no.

Bradyams
10-11-2005, 09:11 AM
Thing is, the morons who make the game profitable don't know how to read their hands so they take forever to make decisions, and the games run really slow.

benfranklin
10-11-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wouldnt be easier to sit down on a couple of 6 max omaha tables on empire even at the lower limits to clear the bonus since every hand is pretty much raked since everyone is so loose. Just trying to help

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about Omaha or O8? I usually clear Party/skins bonuses multitabling low limit O8. I prefer full ring to 6-max. Since the split, there has usually been 1 full game at .5/1, and sometimes 1 full game, sometimes none, at 1/2.

Amid Cent
10-11-2005, 04:21 PM
This USED to be a great option. But after the great party split, there are seldom more than 1 or 2 low limit O8 games going on at the skins.

DRKEVDC
10-11-2005, 06:10 PM
I have found O8 to be nothing more than a rake fest. Almost every hand gets split and only the house makes out with the rake. Stay with PLO where you don't have as many hands being split.

FWIW if you are coming over to PLO from HE, make sure you spend a couple of hours on this forum first reading up or that game will clean you out quick.