PDA

View Full Version : When do you know you're beat?

Pirc Defense
05-26-2003, 08:20 PM
When do you know that you're beat?

For instance, I'm in the SB with AA and raise two callers so that four see the flop of 5 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif. I bet and get two callers. The turn is the 6 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif. I bet and get raised. We both call. Am I beat here?

I would say so in most every case, and especially at online micro limits. The raiser almost surely has two pair or better. Why would he wait until the turn to raise one pair? The 6 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif on the turn either makes a made straight or a draw, so a bluff at this point seems somewhat likely, but against two opponents?

The river is the 4 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif. I check and call to see 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif.

I guess I'm asking how often, on a coordinated board as above (or not?), is top pair/any one pair good after getting raised on the turn? Should I have called him down, folded, or raised it up?

On another note, I have played 787 hours of $50-$1 at Paradise and have lost $444.50. I'll thank you not to laugh. So, that means I'm losing $.56/hour. That's 1/2 big bet/hour. That doesn't seem like too much to overcome, so I'm looking for something, anything that will make that 1/2 BB/hour difference in my game. I'll be posting some hands and hopefully I'll find something out that will help me.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Gallo
05-26-2003, 11:42 PM
How to read your opponents actions better?

Post some hands, imho people will have you a better answer if you give some specifics.

michael

Cyrus
05-26-2003, 11:49 PM
"I have played 787 hours of $50-$1 at Paradise and have lost $444.50. I'm looking for something, anything that will make [a] difference in my game."

Start by changing your strategy when the SB is fifty times bigger than the BB.

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

bernie
05-27-2003, 12:28 AM
"Why would he wait until the turn to raise one pair?"

depends on the player. most times you will be beat. but i wait to the turn at times on a board like this with KQ to raise. and look what may fold sometimes...AA /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

but usually it is a better hand as many dont seem to use that move, actually condemn it. getting the better hand out is another benefit of it.

just some ideas

b

ps...440 big bets you lost? unless theyre super aggressive games, thats quite a streak. id be posting some hands and finding some leaks. it seems there may be some big ones. start with preflop play...