PDA

View Full Version : Did i go to hard on the turn?

bambi
10-11-2005, 07:16 AM
Have no reads, i havent been at the table long, but i havent seen these guys get out of line

PokerStars 3/6 Omaha/8 (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls $2 (All-In), SB calls.

Flop: (13.66 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, SB folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.83 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (24.83 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 27.83 BB

Ironman
10-11-2005, 09:14 AM
Bambi,

This hand looks pretty standard.

It looks to me that you split the low and the raiser had a full house (which he only got on the river).

I would have played it the same with the nut flush draw to go along with your nut low.

Dave

wackjob
10-11-2005, 12:33 PM
standard for me.

dcasper70
10-11-2005, 01:03 PM
what they said...

DyessMan89
10-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Routine/Standard play. Im sure you got quartered, given that your posting this ... but thats part of the game. Tough luck, but move onto the next hand.

bambi
10-11-2005, 06:29 PM
Yeah i thought this was standard as well, and i got quartered which didnt worry me at all, it was just somebody ripped in to me something bad for this hand, but i thought he was a spastic, which he obviously is.

thanks guys

Wintermute
10-11-2005, 06:44 PM
I didn't even have to read the body of your post to reply... that's how predictable and formulaic this forum has become.

Bambi, you can almost never go too hard, but the turn does happen to be one of those exceptions. I mean, how would you feel if you were the coked-up 13-year old girl being flipped from cowgirl to doggy with a rock-hard phallus in you? Have some respect for the girl, man, and think about the AL MVP race or icebergs for a few seconds, then perform the turn. She may not be coherent enough to thank you for it, but it'll save you from having to re=tap your GHB supply again later on.

10-11-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't even have to read the body of your post to reply... that's how predictable and formulaic this forum has become.

Bambi, you can almost never go too hard, but the turn does happen to be one of those exceptions. I mean, how would you feel if you were the coked-up 13-year old girl being flipped from cowgirl to doggy with a rock-hard phallus in you? Have some respect for the girl, man, and think about the AL MVP race or icebergs for a few seconds, then perform the turn. She may not be coherent enough to thank you for it, but it'll save you from having to re=tap your GHB supply again later on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I'm totally confused. I thought the reason for coking up the 13 year old is so you don't have to treat her with respect.

Buzz
10-11-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did i go to hard on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bambi - Yes.

UTG+1 raises and UTG+2 cold calls a double bet. There's not really anything there yet except the low. What could these opponents have? Looks a lot like at least one of them also has the nut low, doesn't it?

I don't think a re-raise will knock anybody out of the hand, and I don't think your pair of deuces is good enough for high. One of your opponents might hold 35XY, perhaps as 35AY, in which case an ace or six on the river doesn't promote your hand to a winner for high.

I think you probably need a five on the river or a heart, and maybe not the four of hearts, for a winner for high. Maybe another deuce would win high for you.

Roughly you have ten good cards for the river, another three enigmatic cards (2s,2c,4h), and six horrid cards (the missing aces and treys). The other 25 or so cards are neutral (but at least they don't ruin your low).

I would think your re-raise would figure to cost you more than you'd profit when one of your ten favorable river cards appeared.

I suppose one might make a case for re-raising against two fishies playing random cards here.

Otherwise, I think you should bet the turn just as you did (in a limit game), but then don't re-raise. Basically, not enough river cards promote your hand into a winner for high.

Just my opinion.

Buzz

benwood
10-11-2005, 10:49 PM
It looks to me like there's nothing wrong with your turn play. Assuming that there's another nut low out there, you're putting in 1/3 to get back 1/4 if you don't hit a flush card. Big deal. Besides getting 3/4 if you hit the flush, you may get a 5 for a straight or a counterfitting A or 3 to give you the lo side by yourself. I like it.

Wintermute
10-11-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought the reason for coking up the 13 year old is so you don't have to treat her with respect.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are one sick, twisted bastard, Niss. Seriously, keep this stuff to yourself, man.

Buzz
10-12-2005, 06:04 AM
Benwood - You're right. Thanks for the correction.

Playing $4/$8, roughly three times out of four Hero loses an extra buck, but the fourth time Hero wins an extra five bucks. Looks like it's better for Hero to jamb. I didn't figure setting sixthed into the equation, but that doesn't happen much and is not a lot different from getting quartered. (Maybe one time in seven you lose two bucks instead of one by getting sixthed instead of quartered - something like that).

However, I'm not big on having my nut low counterfeited on the river, even though the second nut A-6 or 3-6 combination will often prevail here, with nobody actually having a A-5 or 3-5 (respectively) combination.

Buzz