PDA

View Full Version : Movie Quotes that describe OOT

nomadtla
10-11-2005, 04:46 AM
I've spent a lot of time in some of the other forums on here but am a recent arival to the beauty that is OOT. I must say the regulars here are like a car accident. I can't look away. So I just wanted you guys to be objective judges of yourselves. Truthfully describe the OOT or OOTers in a quote from a movie.

I'll start: the OOT "you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany"
from Star Wars Obi-wan Kenobi describing Mos Eisley space port

istewart
10-11-2005, 04:47 AM
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

10-11-2005, 04:49 AM
"What this <Forum> needs is an enima"

Cumulonimbus
10-11-2005, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

[/ QUOTE ]

10-11-2005, 05:00 AM
"I eat pieces of (censored) like you for breakfast" ............. "You eat pieces of (censored) for breakfast?"

diebitter
10-11-2005, 05:01 AM
Freaks:

"Gobble-Gobble, Gobble-Gobble, one of us, one of us!"

WackityWhiz
10-11-2005, 05:23 AM
Let me tell you why I suck as a poster. Say I walk into OOT and they're even remotely interested in reading something. Well then I get all excited and I'm like Jo-Jo the idiot circus boy with a pretty new pet. The pet, is my possible awesome thread. Oh my pretty little pet. I love you. So I stroke it....and I pet it....and I massage it. And I love my little naughty pet. You're naughty. And then I take my naughty pet and I go....AHHHH! I killed it. I killed my thread!.

And that's when people like you and me need to forge ahead

diebitter
10-11-2005, 05:29 AM
WackityWhiz - I still remember your haiku about yourself and laugh. You are alright, you make mistakes, we all do, we're all evolving too. Be strong. That goes for you too, n00b.

So no more bitching after this huh? And to get the thread back on track...

From Quills: "Welcome to our humble madhouse. I trust you'll find yourself at home."

samjjones
10-11-2005, 09:44 AM
OOT: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

dcasper70
10-11-2005, 10:01 AM
I fart in your general direction. You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

WDC
10-11-2005, 10:04 AM
God bless the internet. American Pie

I've had some girlfriends too, but all they wanted from me was weed and [censored]. Clerks

imported_The Vibesman
10-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Amy Madigan from "Streets of Fire":

"Everywhere I go, there's always an a$$hole."

phil_ivey_fan
10-11-2005, 10:11 AM
"I'd kill myself, but I'd probably go to hell, and that would be redundant."

mslif
10-11-2005, 10:12 AM
"You see, this [forum] is filled to the brim with unrealistic mother[censored]s"

jakethebake
10-11-2005, 10:18 AM
"IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER! IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!"....

SL__72
10-11-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"You see, this [forum] is filled to the brim with unrealistic mother[censored]s"

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you censor yourself?

dcasper70
10-11-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER! IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!"....

[/ QUOTE ]

"Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water..."

mslif
10-11-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you censor yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I did /images/graemlins/frown.gif I did not know if it was a glitch or something. Flame away...

2planka
10-11-2005, 10:30 AM
Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

SmileyEH
10-11-2005, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The FYP can be a powerful ally against the weak minded.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

-SmileyEH

diebitter
10-11-2005, 10:49 AM
7 Faces of Dr Lao:

This is the circus of (T, OO).
We show you things that you don't know.
Oh we spare no pains and we spare no dough,
oh we want to give you one hell of a show.
And youth may come and age may go,
but no more circuses like this show.

fingokra
10-11-2005, 10:52 AM
"It's a Madhouse, A MADHOUSE"

trying2learn
10-11-2005, 10:53 AM
"Mr. Madison [or insert said OOT poster here], what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Duke
10-11-2005, 11:22 AM
A couple:

Shall we play a game?

Alright, Lightman. Maybe you can tell us who first suggested the idea of reproduction without sex.

Um, your wife?

~D

Duke
10-11-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"What this <Forum> needs is an enima"

[/ QUOTE ]

What it actually needs is a spell-checker like LiveJournal has on their web interface.

~D

rohjoh
10-11-2005, 11:50 AM
Goddamn, won't somebody tell me why I read these post?

'Cause you're an idiot.

Oh yeah, that's it.

Sponger15SB
10-11-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Mr. Madison [or insert said OOT poster here], what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, this thread was made for me to post this quote.

I hate you now.

Link1 (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Board=inet&Number=898961&Se archpage=1&Main=894084&Words=%2Brambling+%2Bincohe rent+%2Brational+%2Bdumber+Sponger15SB&topic=&Sear ch=true#Post898961) Link2 (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Board=exchange&Number=17359 11&Searchpage=1&Main=1734798&Words=%2Brambling+%2B incoherent+%2Brational+%2Bdumber+Sponger15SB&topic =&Search=true#Post1735911)

trying2learn
10-11-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, this thread was made for me to post this quote.

I hate you now.

Link1 (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Board=inet&Number=898961&Se archpage=1&Main=894084&Words=%2Brambling+%2Bincohe rent+%2Brational+%2Bdumber+Sponger15SB&topic=&Sear ch=true#Post898961) Link2 (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Board=exchange&Number=17359 11&Searchpage=1&Main=1734798&Words=%2Brambling+%2B incoherent+%2Brational+%2Bdumber+Sponger15SB&topic =&Search=true#Post1735911)

[/ QUOTE ]

all apologies...i figured it was perfect, but I acknowledge that you hit the nail on the head long before I did.

Amid Cent
10-11-2005, 12:56 PM
"Look at it this way. Considering the type of people you are and the environment you're in, you have to admit the strong possibility this may be the only chance you ever have in your entire lives... to have sex."

Conspir8or
10-11-2005, 12:59 PM
From Hedley (Hedley! Hedley!) Lamarr in "Blazing Saddles":

"I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shît-kickers and Methodists."

coffeecrazy1
10-11-2005, 01:14 PM
During work: "On second thought, let's not go to (OOT)...it is a silly place."

Wish I followed King Arthur's advice... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

offTopic
10-11-2005, 01:18 PM
John Bender: Ah... but to dorks like him, they are. What do you guys do in your club?
Brian Johnson: Well, in OOT we... we talk about crap, properties of crap.
John Bender: So it's sorta social, demented and sad, but social. Right?

diebitter
10-11-2005, 01:52 PM
OOT from Diebitter's head:

Diebitter: My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapour of invention.

Noob: ditto

diebitter
10-11-2005, 01:56 PM
And how I perceive OOT is taken by noobs:

25th Hour, Monty Brogan: [censored] me? [censored] you! [censored] you and this whole city and everyone in it. [censored] the panhandlers, grubbing for money, and smiling at me behind my back. [censored] the squeegee men dirtying up the clean windshield of my car. Get a [censored] job! [censored] the Sikhs and the Pakistanis bombing down the avenues in decrepit cabs, curry steaming out their pores, stinking up my day. Terrorists in [censored] training. SLOW THE [censored] DOWN! [censored] the Chelsea boys with their waxed chests and pumped up biceps. Going down on each other in my parks and on my piers, jingling their dicks on my Channel 35. [censored] the Korean grocers with their pyramids of overpriced fruit and their tulips and roses wrapped in plastic. Ten years in the country, still no speaky English? [censored] the Russians in Brighton Beach. Mobster thugs sitting in cafés, sipping tea in little glasses, sugar cubes between their teeth. Wheelin' and dealin' and schemin'. Go back where you [censored] came from! [censored] the black-hatted Hasidim, strolling up and down 47th street in their dirty gabardine with their dandruff. Selling South African apartheid diamonds! [censored] the Wall Street brokers. Self-styled masters of the universe. Michael Douglas, Gordon Gecko wannabe mother fuckers, figuring out new ways to rob hard working people blind. Send those Enron assholes to jail for [censored] LIFE! You think Bush and Cheney didn't know about that [censored]? Give me a [censored] break! Tyco! Worldcom! [censored] the Puerto Ricans. 20 to a car, swelling up the welfare rolls, worst [censored]' parade in the city. And don't even get me started on the Dom-in-i-cans, 'cause they make the Puerto Ricans look good. [censored] the Bensonhurst Italians with their pomaded hair, their nylon warm-up suits, their St. Anthony medallions, swinging their, Jason Giambi, Louisville slugger, baseball bats, trying to audition for the Sopranos. [censored] the Upper East Side wives with their Hermes scarves and their fifty-dollar Balducci artichokes. Overfed faces getting pulled and lifted and stretched, all taut and shiny. You're not fooling anybody, sweetheart! [censored] the uptown brothers. They never pass the ball, they don't want to play defense, they take fives steps on every lay-up to the hoop. And then they want to turn around and blame everything on the white man. Slavery ended one hundred and thirty seven years ago. Move the [censored] on! [censored] the corrupt cops with their anus violating plungers and their 41 shots, standing behind a blue wall of silence. You betray our trust! [censored] the priests who put their hands down some innocent child's pants. [censored] the church that protects them, delivering us into evil. And while you're at it, [censored] JC! He got off easy! A day on the cross, a weekend in hell, and all the hallelujahs of the legioned angels for eternity! Try seven years in [censored]' Otisville, J! [censored] Osama Bin Laden, Al Qaeda, and backward-ass, cave-dwelling, fundamentalist assholes everywhere. On the names of innocent thousands murdered, I pray you spend the rest of eternity with your seventy-two whores roasting in a jet-fueled fire in hell. You towel headed camel jockeys can kiss my royal Irish ass!

M2d
10-11-2005, 01:58 PM
"It just doesn't matter! It just doesn't matter!..."

M2d
10-11-2005, 01:59 PM
"So we're all dogfaces, we're all very, very different. But, there is one thing that we all have in common: we were all stupid-enough to enlist in OOT."

"There's something wrong with us! Something very, very wrong with us! Something seriously wrong with us!"

Cancuk
10-11-2005, 02:02 PM
"fukin' eh man..i got a rash"

M2d
10-11-2005, 02:02 PM
"We're on a mission from God"

TheCroShow
10-11-2005, 02:07 PM
"OOT treats objects like women man."

ZeeJustin
10-11-2005, 02:08 PM
Say hello to my little friend.

4_2_it
10-11-2005, 02:08 PM
There is only one correct answer to this question. And that is the words of the immortal Sheriff Bart,

"Hey, where the white women at?"

ZeeJustin
10-11-2005, 02:15 PM
This is (poorly) paraphrased from Seinfeld, so technically, it's neither a quote, nor from a movie, but I think it applies perfectly anyway.

George: It's a show about... Nothing
Jerry: Nothing? How can you have a show about nothing? It has to be about something.
George: Nothing.
Jerry: So what, we just stand there for 30 minutes?
George: This is a show. This conversation right here is show.
Jerry: Nothing.
George: Nothing.

Edit: Ok, i found the actual script:
[ QUOTE ]
GEORGE: So, what's happening with the TV show? You come up with anything?

JERRY: No, nothing.

GEORGE: Why don't they have salsa on the table?

JERRY: What do you need salsa for?

GEORGE: Salsa is now the number one condiment in America.

JERRY: You know why? Because people like to say "salsa." "Excuse me, do
you have salsa?" "We need more salsa." "Where is the salsa? No salsa?"

GEORGE: You know it must be impossible for a Spanish person to order
seltzer and not get salsa. (Angry) "I wanted seltzer, not salsa."

JERRY: "Don't you know the difference between seltzer and salsa?? You
have the seltezer after the salsa!"

GEORGE: See, this should be a show. This is the show.

JERRY: What?

GEORGE: This. Just talking.

JERRY: (dismissing) Yeah, right.

GEORGE: I'm really serious. I think that's a good idea.

JERRY: Just talking? Well what's the show about?

GEORGE: It's about nothing.

JERRY: No story?

GEORGE: No forget the story.

JERRY: You've got to have a story.

GEORGE: Who says you gotta have a story? Remember when we were waiting for,
for that table in that Chinese restaurant that time? That could be a TV
show.
JERRY: And it's about nothing?

GEORGE: Absolutely nothing.

JERRY: So you're saying, I go in to NBC, and tell them I got this idea for a show about nothing.

GEORGE: We go into NBC.

JERRY: "We"? Since when are you a writer?

GEORGE: (Scoffs) Writer. We're talking about a sit-com.

JERRY: You want to go with me to NBC?

GEORGE: Yeah. I think we really go something here.

JERRY: What do we got?

GEORGE: An idea.

JERRY: What idea?

GEORGE: An idea for the show.

JERRY: I still don't know what the idea is.

GEORGE: It's about nothing.

JERRY: Right.

GEORGE: Everybody's doing something, we'll do nothing.

JERRY: So, we go into NBC, we tell them we've got an idea for a show about nothing.

GEORGE: Exactly.

JERRY: They say, "What's your show about?" I say, "Nothing."

GEORGE: There you go.

(A moment passes)

JERRY: (Nodding) I think you may have something there.

[/ QUOTE ]

diebitter
10-11-2005, 02:24 PM
To paraphrase Big Trouble in Little China

JakeTheBake: You know what ole Jake the Bake says at a time like this...

N00b: Who?

JakeTheBake: Jake the Bake! Me!

edtost
10-11-2005, 04:25 PM
All train compartments smell vaguely of [censored]. It gets so you don't mind it. That's the worst thing that I can confess. You know how long it took me to get there? A long time. When you die you're going to regret the things you don't do. You think you're queer? I'm going to tell you something: we're all queer. You think you're a thief? So what? You get befuddled by a middle-class morality? Get shut of it. Shut it out. You cheat on your wife? You did it, live with it. You [censored] little girls, so be it. There's an absolute morality? Maybe. And then what? If you think there is, go ahead, be that thing. Bad people go to hell? I don't think so. If you think that, act that way. A hell exists on earth? Yes. I won't live in it. That's me.

[pause]

You ever take a dump made you feel like you'd just slept for twelve hours?

lighterjobs
10-11-2005, 04:57 PM
"do I look like a cat to you boy?"

Rushmore
10-11-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Freaks:

"Gobble-Gobble, Gobble-Gobble, one of us, one of us!"

[/ QUOTE ]

If there were a visual available, this quote would win HANDS DOWN.

Absent a visual, I would like to nominate "The horror. The horror." (Apocalypse Now)

Bulldog
10-11-2005, 05:11 PM
Even Bigger Black Guy: It ain't cool being no jive turkey so close to Thanksgiving.
Big Black Guy: Yeah!

DcifrThs
10-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Glengarry glen ross:

"Whats my name??? whats MY name?? [censored] YOU . THATS MY NAME!"

Barron

wonderwes
10-11-2005, 10:28 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/wonderwes/fearloathing1.jpg

"You can't stop here, this is BAT country."

InchoateHand
10-11-2005, 10:45 PM