PDA

View Full Version : Dont Understand "The Village"

Skip Brutale
10-11-2005, 03:51 AM
I watched that today and didnt really get what was going on? First I thought I got it, alright they are like some old time people that live out in the woods, they probably believe in Jehova or something. They probably got wind of

Jack the Ripper and decided to leave the city.
Then there are these big things with claws and Im like aw [censored], we got werewolves and [censored], tight. So Im following along and we get to when that dude shows his blind daughter the dead monsters hanging up in that room. Why were they hanging there and why did she have to see them? Was he trying to tell her he killed them all?

Then one of them attacked her but that retard was already in the hole and he fell on him? Or the retard was one, like he could morph into them and he was the bad monster this whole time? Its not adding up.

Then what the [censored] they got cars driving by? Im assuming that thing she climbed was some kind of zone that passed her into the future, but I dont get how that related to the rest of the movie. I dont know, maybe I missed something. Im already for her to go into London or whatever and got some medicine for old hairlip when she passes some time zone thing and goes into the future.

Was it because the monster died? I dont get how this movie makes sense.

Phoenix1010
10-11-2005, 03:56 AM
Were you drunk or high? The thing hanging in the shack was a costume. The retard was wearing the costume when he went after the blind chick. The village was a group of people who were mad at society for various reasons so they went into a controlled wilderness to shun society and start their own hermit community. They used the monster costume to scare the young ones so they wouldn't try to leave the village. It all takes place present day in some forest property that one of the villagers owned.

Skip Brutale
10-11-2005, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Were you drunk or high? The thing hanging in the shack was a costume. The retard was wearing the costume when he went after the blind chick. The village was a group of people who were mad at society for various reasons so they went into a controlled wilderness to shun society and start their own hermit community. They used the monster costume to scare the young ones so they wouldn't try to leave the village. It all takes place present day in some forest property that one of the villagers owned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know dude. Is this like Mullholland Drive where everyone puts their own spin on it? Maybe that is how you interpreted stuff, but I dont think its really very clear cut.

Brainwalter
10-11-2005, 04:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know dude. Is this like Mullholland Drive where everyone puts their own spin on it? Maybe that is how you interpreted stuff, but I dont think its really very clear cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very clear cut.

Dynasty
10-11-2005, 04:01 AM
I think Skip's interpretation almost makes the movie better.

Mr. Shyamalan needs to stop focusing on trick endings in his films.

Brainwalter
10-11-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Skip's interpretation almost makes the movie better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha actually I do too, seriously.

peachy
10-11-2005, 04:05 AM
i totally hated the way the movie ended...i get it...just ruined the suspense that it COULD have had...although u see the ending coming a mile away. Was a bit different than Signs....so i guess i was thinking it would be like that.

U had to have been on something though not to get the basis of this movie...it wasnt very difficult

Skip Brutale
10-11-2005, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very clear cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evidently its not because I didnt see it that way and other posters are agreeing with my interpretation.

Brainwalter
10-11-2005, 04:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very clear cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evidently its not because I didnt see it that way and other posters are agreeing with my interpretation.

[/ QUOTE ]

No they're not.

Dynasty
10-11-2005, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very clear cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. We're not agreeing with you. We're having a little fun with you.

Phoenix's explanation is basically right. Go to The Village on IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368447/) to read a lot about the film.

BirdieLongSocks
10-11-2005, 04:08 AM
It was very simmiliar to The signs...tention builds up under the entire movie but nothing really happends.

[censored]
10-11-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very clear cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow man first you are [censored]-ing up a very simple movie and now you are completely misreading posts. He is not agreeing with you Dynasty is saying that the movie would have possibly been better if it was as you said. Are you feeling alright because you are way way off here?

Mason Hellmuth
10-11-2005, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]No they're not.

[/ QUOTE ]I haven't seen the movie, but I'd much rather see Skip's version.

Skip Brutale
10-11-2005, 04:11 AM
If I am so wrong about everything then why did that guy skin those animals? How did that help anything?

Phoenix1010
lol who's agreeing with you? Either my sarcasm detector is broken or your must be high, the plot of the movie is not difficult to get. You can definitely have your own view on the underlying message Shyamalan is trying to get across, but as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter. This movie sucked a big one. There was a thread on it when it came out in which I gave a lengthy complaint about having wasted my time and money watching it. Next movie please.

[censored]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]No they're not.

[/ QUOTE ]I haven't seen the movie, but I'd much rather see Skip's version.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have brain damage? Because i'm not sure if it's possible any other way.

Skip Brutale
10-11-2005, 04:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
lol who's agreeing with you? Either my sarcasm detector is broken or your must be high, the plot of the movie is not difficult to get. You can definitely have your own view on the underlying message Shyamalan is trying to get across, but as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter. This movie sucked a big one. There was a thread on it when it came out in which I gave a lengthy complaint about having wasted my time and money watching it. Next movie please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look guys I think we will just have to agree to disagree. If that guy was the monster then why was he chasing his daughter? Why did he even let her leave the village, if he became the monster to keep people from leaving. Doesnt make sense.

And if she just like passed some freaking fence then why were they wearing 1800 clothes? They have big ass towers and fires at night and stuff but oh there is a fence so no one knows they are there? Except the monsters. Oh that is right there are no monsters. Even though they killed the little kid in the beginning, the retard, and chased the blind girl.

[censored]
10-11-2005, 04:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look guys I think we will just have to agree to disagree. If that guy was the monster then why was he chasing his daughter? Why did he even let her leave the village, if he became the monster to keep people from leaving. Doesnt make sense.

And if she just like passed some freaking fence then why were they wearing 1800 clothes? They have big ass towers and fires at night and stuff but oh there is a fence so no one knows they are there? Except the monsters. Oh that is right there are no monsters. Even though they killed the little kid in the beginning, the retard, and chased the blind girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spaceman Bryce? is that you?

Willluck
10-11-2005, 04:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So Im following along and we get to when that dude shows his blind daughter the dead monsters hanging up in that room. Why were they hanging there and why did she have to see them? Was he trying to tell her he killed them all?

[/ QUOTE ] LMAO

NorCalJosh
10-11-2005, 04:30 AM
i thought your new job was ridding the forum of dumb asses.

or this is very clever sarcasm?

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Brainwalter
10-11-2005, 04:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah ban this troll. Check out his other posts.

[censored]
10-11-2005, 04:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Are you kidding? NFW!!! I'm tempted to start a new thread just get his interpretations of other movies.

Skip Brutale
10-11-2005, 04:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah ban this troll. Check out his other posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if I see the movie differently than you guys, geez. Im not trying to make anyone mad. Just had some questions about this movie and I am more confused now than when I started!

Mr_J
The movie was bad. I rented it off cable thinking it was gonna be some type of horror movie. They're all scared shitless, so I'm thinking cool. Then I see the monster when it stands in front of the blinds girls door, and it looks like a f_ckin giant porcupine. Kinda gay. Ok, I can deal with that, they're meant to be pretty nasty. And then we find out that the monster don't really exist at all? Glad that demented f*ck got his in the end, stabbing that paw dude and all. I was laughing when he was moaning at the bottom of that pit.

Phoenix1010
Ok. You're right. The retard was actually a werewolf, tight. The one in the shed was a dead werewolf that they found. The fence wasn't really a physical fence, it was a rip in the space time continuum. She traveled to the future to get future medicine to save Commodus. I changed my mind, this movie rules.

Mr_J
10-11-2005, 04:36 AM
You know what this reminds me of?? Dreamcatcher or whatever. The baddie is just some feral giant alien worm.

Skip Brutale
10-11-2005, 04:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok. You're right. The retard was actually a werewolf, tight. The one in the shed was a dead werewolf that they found. The fence wasn't really a physical fence, it was a rip in the space time continuum. She traveled to the future to get future medicine to save Commodus. I changed my mind, this movie rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The only question I think I have is did they know there was a rip in the space time continuum and that is why she was sent there. Or did they think she was going to London but killing the werewolf somehow opened up that rift? Like that was the werewolf's woods and if you kill it, you will go back in time or in the future when you attempt to leave the woods....

Phoenix1010
10-11-2005, 04:48 AM
Well I think the werewolves were guarding the rift, and had been for a long time. They were put there to keep people from going back and forth through time all willy nilly. But the humans had killed all but one of them (that's what the guy was telling the blind girl in the shed). There was probably a big war between humans and werewolves and the villagers were the only survivers in the region. It just turned out that the last surviving guardian werewolf was the hamrless retard guy who was living with them (ooh the irony). So the blind girl outsmarted him and reopened the rift.

Matt24
10-11-2005, 04:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I watched that today and didnt really get what was going on? First I thought I got it, alright they are like some old time people that live out in the woods, they probably believe in Jehova or something. They probably got wind of

Then there are these big things with claws and Im like aw [censored], we got werewolves and [censored], tight. So Im following along and we get to when that dude shows his blind daughter the dead monsters hanging up in that room. Why were they hanging there and why did she have to see them? Was he trying to tell her he killed them all?

Then one of them attacked her but that retard was already in the hole and he fell on him? Or the retard was one, like he could morph into them and he was the bad monster this whole time? Its not adding up.

Then what the [censored] they got cars driving by? Im assuming that thing she climbed was some kind of zone that passed her into the future, but I dont get how that related to the rest of the movie. I dont know, maybe I missed something. Im already for her to go into London or whatever and got some medicine for old hairlip when she passes some time zone thing and goes into the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is some funny [censored]

Ulysses
10-11-2005, 04:53 AM
Skip,

These people were city dwellers in the 1800s. They did not react well to advances in technology and general societal progress and thus left the city and retreated to establish a dwelling in the forest. However, the forest was some sort of "wrinkle in time" and time inside of their forest was progressing at a far slower rate than the rest of the world. At the edges of this time vortex, everything was all f'd up and resulted in the creation of monsters and all sorts of weird random occurrences like morphing. Beyond the edge of the vortex forest, time progressed normally and society advanced, so outside the forest was pretty much modern day time. The interaction between when someone exited the vortex and went into the normal time continuum is likely going to be the basis of the sequel and will be a very interesting concept to explore.

Skip Brutale
10-11-2005, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well I think the werewolves were guarding the rift, and had been for a long time. They were put there to keep people from going back and forth through time all willy nilly. But the humans had killed all but one of them (that's what the guy was telling the blind girl in the shed). There was probably a big war between humans and werewolves and the villagers were the only survivers in the region. It just turned out that the last surviving guardian werewolf was the hamrless retard guy who was living with them (ooh the irony). So the blind girl outsmarted him and reopened the rift.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks dude it completely makes sense to me now!

Skip Brutale
10-11-2005, 05:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Skip,

These people were city dwellers in the 1800s. They did not react well to advances in technology and general societal progress and thus left the city and retreated to establish a dwelling in the forest. However, the forest was some sort of "wrinkle in time" and time inside of their forest was progressing at a far slower rate than the rest of the world. At the edges of this time vortex, everything was all f'd up and resulted in the creation of monsters and all sorts of weird random occurrences like morphing. Beyond the edge of the vortex forest, time progressed normally and society advanced, so outside the forest was pretty much modern day time. The interaction between when someone exited the vortex and went into the normal time continuum is likely going to be the basis of the sequel and will be a very interesting concept to explore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, hmm. We pretty much figured out what this movie was about a little higher up in this post, but you are deffinately close, maybe even right.

My view is that the werewolfs guarded the space/time continuum and there was a big war between the werewolfs and humans, and those were the only surviving humans left.

The blind girls dad wound up killing all of the werewolfs except one (that is what he was showing her in the room they are hanging in), and the last werewolf turned out to be the retard living with them. Killing him opened the rift back up.

I am still open to your interpretation though. What do you think of mine?

Ulysses
10-11-2005, 05:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My view is that the werewolfs guarded the space/time continuum and there was a big war between the werewolfs and humans, and those were the only surviving humans left.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is false. This is a time vortex existing in a physical space within our world. We see humans, cars, modern construction at the end of the movie when the girl exits the vortex. Thus, this is not a "rift" between time, nor has there been a "war" killing all the humans. This was a contained vortex only affecting a very small number of people.

[ QUOTE ]
The blind girls dad wound up killing all of the werewolfs except one (that is what he was showing her in the room they are hanging in), and the last werewolf turned out to be the retard living with them. Killing him opened the rift back up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think these are some sort of random monsters, not werewolves. When the retard ventured into the edge of the vortex, he morphed. Killing him did not open the rift back up, as I pointed out above, there is no rift, this is a self-contained temporal vortex.

[ QUOTE ]
I am still open to your interpretation though. What do you think of mine?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yours has some flaws, but it is in the right ballpark. The main thing to be aware of, though, is that if this were a rift to a parallel universe, the edge of the rift would not be visible from both sides. Because you can see the forest from both sides of the fence, it shows that it is a self-contained vortex.

I think your theory re: the werewolves (or monsters) might have some merit. My feeling is that they are not a fixed number, but can get created as people go into the hazy vortex area. But that is definitely just a hypothesis, as we do not know for sure whether the monsters are a fixed set or can get created.

Skip Brutale
10-11-2005, 05:11 AM
I am confused when you say the space rift is in our world, do you mean it is like actually real outside of the movie? Or just it is real in the movie?

Ulysses
10-11-2005, 05:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am confused when you say the space rift is in our world, do you mean it is like actually real outside of the movie? Or just it is real in the movie?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I knew the answer to that, I would be the most powerful man on the planet.

Phoenix1010
10-11-2005, 05:21 AM
Glad someone more capable took over. Extracting all the magic is beyond my means. This movie is too deep for me.

Ulysses
10-11-2005, 05:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Glad someone more capable took over. Extracting all the magic is beyond my means. This movie is too deep for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You clearly had it pretty much figured out, maybe missing a couple of the more subtle concepts is all.

Ass Master
10-11-2005, 06:05 AM
Wrong. The movie in its entirety was obviously a dream sequence.

10-11-2005, 07:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds to me like you actually smoked TOO MUCH pot before watching this movie. I'd say watch it again, a little less high, but this movie is not even worth watching once, IMO.

10-11-2005, 07:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The only question I think I have is did they know there was a rip in the space time continuum and that is why she was sent there. Or did they think she was going to London but killing the werewolf somehow opened up that rift? Like that was the werewolf's woods and if you kill it, you will go back in time or in the future when you attempt to leave the woods....

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, this thread is gold! I totally want to go make an awesome movie now.

JackWilson
10-11-2005, 08:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a joke, right? I'm fairly sure. It would be amazingly funny if it wasn't though.

phil_ivey_fan
10-11-2005, 10:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you sir are right on the money. how is this so hard to understand. I thought OOT was at least slightly above average. Hopefully the OP was high when he watched it...course so was I and I still got it. hmmmm.

mantasm
10-11-2005, 10:13 AM
In my interpretation, after the scene in the shed the blind chick and the dad come busting out on ATVs, doing sick slow-mo jumps over streams and large rocks. There is an electric guitar wailing and riffing loudly over a driving beat. Then when they're high-fiving in the air, M Night comes out and says "I made 80 million dollars off of this, assholes! So go [censored] yourselves!" And then the movie ends. But That's just how I saw it, it really is open to interpretation.

http://www.atvsource.com/images/article_images/atv_reviews/2001/kawasaki/prairie_650/action_photos/jump6b.jpg

twang
10-11-2005, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I watched that today while smoking some P.O.T. and didnt really get what was going on? First I thought I got it, alright they are like some old time people that live out in the woods, they probably believe in Jehova or smoke P.O.T. or something. They probably got wind of

Jack the Ripper and decided to leave the city to smoke P.O.T.
Then there are these big things with claws and Im like aw [censored], we got werewolves and [censored], tight. So Im following along (while smoking P.O.T.) and we get to when that dude shows his blind daughter the dead monsters hanging up in that room. Why were they hanging there and why did she have to see them? Was he trying to tell her he killed them all?

Then one of them attacked her but that retard was already in the hole and he fell on him? Or the retard was one, like he could morph into them and he was the bad monster this whole time? Its not adding up so I decided to smoke some more P.O.T.

Was it because the monster died? I dont get how this movie makes sense, but I love my P.O.T.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fixed it.

LSUfan1
10-11-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very clear cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO!

nyc999
10-11-2005, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very clear cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's very clear cut, but the major flaw was that the movie sucked. You would think that Shyamalan would have learned better after making "Unbreakable".

Sightless
10-11-2005, 11:08 AM
Hey, Unbreakable was a very decent movie, and the village just sucked

MonkeeMan
10-11-2005, 11:09 AM
Actually, this film was easy to figure out. It sucked.

Duke
10-11-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Are you kidding? NFW!!! I'm tempted to start a new thread just get his interpretations of other movies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yeah! Have him watch Memento. I want to see what he pulls out of that. Maybe The Usual Suspects too. Taxi Driver. Blade Runner. Oh the list goes on.

~D

Boris
10-11-2005, 11:32 AM
Wow. Major of pwnage of the Diablo by Skip. first this:

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, hmm. We pretty much figured out what this movie was about a little higher up in this post, but you are deffinately close, maybe even right.

[/ QUOTE ]

and then this:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

daryn
10-11-2005, 12:39 PM
imagine if everyone read this post and just decided to ignore it? that would be pretty cool.

Boris
10-11-2005, 12:40 PM
what are talking about? This is a funny ass thread.

Dominic
10-11-2005, 12:40 PM
jesus christ....it was a movie, not an intricate maze. You can't really be this stupid.

vulturesrow
10-11-2005, 12:44 PM
I have to say that there has been some real comic gold on OOT the past few days. This thread is definitely a winner.

daryn
10-11-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree but it was ruined initially. if the funny discussion took place right from the get go, it might be the best thread ever. however, notice that a ton of retards actually gave real answers first.

Boris
10-11-2005, 12:50 PM
disagree. The joke is way funnier is some people don't get it. Besides, the initial post was pretty funny by itself.

daryn
10-11-2005, 12:54 PM
imagine if diablo's post was the first reply? tell me it wouldn't be way funnier.

vulturesrow
10-11-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree but it was ruined initially. if the funny discussion took place right from the get go, it might be the best thread ever. however, notice that a ton of retards actually gave real answers first.

[/ QUOTE ]

That only adds to the hilarity IMO. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TheIrishThug
10-11-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
imagine if diablo's post was the first reply? tell me it wouldn't be way funnier.

[/ QUOTE ]

it still would have been awesome. but the fact the numerous ppl tried to explain it and he refuses to accept it cause its nowhere near his idea. then diablo comes in and still says he's a somewhat wrong in his interpretation and skip is all for it because he was somehow sorta right.

JihadOnTheRiver
10-11-2005, 02:19 PM
Although I would generally consider you to be borderline retarded to not understand this movie, I will give you credit for this comment as one of the most well put sentences I've read in a while...
[ QUOTE ]
there are these big things with claws and Im like aw [censored], we got werewolves and [censored], tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

runner4life7
10-11-2005, 02:31 PM
im not reading the replies but you might be the dumbest person I have ever met. I hate people like you i.e. people that make my head hurt because what they say is just that stupid.

daryn
10-11-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it still would have been awesome. but the fact the numerous ppl tried to explain it and he refuses to accept it cause its nowhere near his idea. then diablo comes in and still says he's a somewhat wrong in his interpretation and skip is all for it because he was somehow sorta right.

[/ QUOTE ]

refuses to accept it? dude, it's a troll/joke

Ulysses
10-11-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now who's ruining the thread?

daryn
10-11-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now who's ruining the thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.magnews.be/files/archives_old/Mag0307/Images/Touche.jpg

RacersEdge
10-11-2005, 04:06 PM
It was surprising but once you see the monsters were fake and the village was in the present time, there is really no mystery.

gorie
10-11-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was surprising but once you see the monsters were fake and the village was in the present time, there is really no mystery.

[/ QUOTE ]
they are suppose to be real, it's just a low budget film. the one hanging up in the shed is suppose to be a dead one. nevermind that it looks like a costume.

kinda like how in rat pfink a boo boo, the sound of a motorcycle is made by a toilet flushing, but you know it's suppose to be a motorcycle.

(ok i don't believe what i just said but i felt like contributing to the nonsense anyway).

Russ McGinley
10-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Where the hell is Joaquin Phoenix? THIS THREAD NEEDS CLOSURE.

SomethingClever
10-11-2005, 05:23 PM
5 Stars.

Cancer Merchant
10-11-2005, 05:44 PM
That's right. The island-in-the-modern-day theory collapses under its own weight. How would the elders explain airplanes and helicopters overhead. Such an elaborate conspiracy would have been exposed years ago. Obviously the supernatural has to be involved. Doesn't anyone read Poe anymore?

Don't let the man tell you what to think.

Skip Brutale
10-11-2005, 05:48 PM
It sounds like alot of you guys are angry because you are finding out the movie isnt the way you thought, Diablo and I figured it out and you are choking on sour grapes!!

jstnrgrs
10-11-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is hilarious. Congratulations on making an excellent post.

Phoenix1010
10-11-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I knew the answer to that, I would be the most powerful man on the planet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that the thread has basically been killed, I just want to point out that this was one of the funniest posts I've read this month.

Dominic
10-11-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It sounds like alot of you guys are angry because you are finding out the movie isnt the way you thought, Diablo and I figured it out and you are choking on sour grapes!!

[/ QUOTE ]

you are either the most brilliant poster in recent memory, or the most stupid poster ever.

Completely depends if your original post was serious or not.

Wintermute
10-11-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You clearly had it pretty much figured out, maybe missing a couple of the more subtle concepts is all.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's surprising you should mention "missing a couple of the more subtle concepts" when the most subtle concept of all has yet to be mentioned in this thread.

That is, the concept of allergies. It is a common theme of all of MNight's films, such that none of his films can be correctly interpreted without a proper understanding of how the concept applies in each. Think back to his other movies. How are you going to make sense of Signs without realizing the aliens are allergic to water, and more importantly, Commodus's baseball bat? How can you even begin to understand the enigma of 6th Sense without acknowledging that the little girl was allergic to rat poison? And how the hell are you going to unravel Unbreakable without recognizing Bruce Willis is allergic to failing a bench press rep?

Clearly, the thematic application in The Village is the werewolves crippling allergy to retards. If you think back to the scene where the blind chick killed the one werewolf, you might--with the right degree of attentiveness--realize that the werewolf died of anaphylactic shock upon falling on top of the retard, who was cleverly stashed in that hole ahead of time by the blind chick.

My only question is left unanswered at the movie's end: how will the villagers defend against the werewolves now that the only retard was unfortunately crushed to death by the werewolf's fall? MNS sure is deft at leaving those dangling threads... just makes you want more.

Boris
10-11-2005, 06:17 PM
search the OOT archives for more of Skip's posts. This guy is pure genius.

Skip Brutale
10-11-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are either the most brilliant poster in recent memory, or the most stupid poster ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are saying Im stupid because I needed Diablo to help me understand the whole space/time monster thing in The Village?

dtbog
10-11-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Were you drunk or high?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was when I watched this movie, and I didn't get it.

[censored]
10-11-2005, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking back you're right. It is apparent now that it is an well perpretrated trolling or whatever. At the time I thought he was legitmately retarded and it was quite funny. clearly that is not the case.

Peter666
10-11-2005, 08:40 PM
The movie was a big disappointment. This thread was not.

Brainwalter
10-11-2005, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking back you're right. It is apparent now that it is an well perpretrated trolling or whatever. At the time I thought he was legitmately retarded and it was quite funny. clearly that is not the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dominic
10-12-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are saying Im stupid because I needed Diablo to help me understand the whole space/time monster thing in The Village?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's it exactly.

And by the way, Rosebud was his sled.

ThaSaltCracka
10-12-2005, 01:50 AM
this was a good thread.