PDA

View Full Version : $50 NL 6max - Flop weak TP out of blinds, hit 2 pair and get raised

Malachii
10-11-2005, 03:25 AM
No reads on Villain, except that he hasn't gotten too out of line. What's my plan for the rest of the hand? What range of hands is he raising with here?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em (NL$50) <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

MP ($48.30)
CO ($96.76)
Button ($110.62)
SB ($84.15)
Hero ($49.75)
UTG ($49.70)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, CO calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, SB calls $0.25, Hero checks.

Flop: ($2.50) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $2.00</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls $2.00.

Turn: ($6.50) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4.00</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $12.00</font>, Hero...

Riposte
10-11-2005, 03:48 AM
Looks like the flop hit him. His flop bet in combination with his turn raise makes it look like he isn't drawing and has more than middle pair. He didn't raise preflop so I don't want to include QQ in his hand range.

Looks like 34, 33, 44. We don't know how loose he is though, and playing 34 UTG is pretty loose. If you say he hasn't gotten out of line, it looks like 33, 44 is more likely. Also if this guy hasn't gotten out of line, top pair with something like AQ, KQ, QJ, QT is suspect... would people play top pair hands like this? Might have to fold here.

Also I like to bet the flop in these situations.

beset7
10-11-2005, 03:50 AM
I usually bet the flop so that I can fold to a raise or check fold the turn.

I think this is a good spot to lay it down if the opponent is solid. I don't see a lot of raises on the turn like this with TPTK or a draw. I don't think he limps Q3 or Q4 unless it was a misclick.

If he was a nutcase and I wanted to show it down. I'd call and block the river.

gunslingner
10-11-2005, 04:03 AM
Never lose your stack in unraised pot.

Best point in Doyle's book IMO.

Fold the turn.

Malachii
10-11-2005, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually bet the flop so that I can fold to a raise or check fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
The chief problem with this line is it puts me in kind of an ugly spot if I'm just called. I don't like check folding the turn, although I suppose this is a viable line

[ QUOTE ]

I think this is a good spot to lay it down if the opponent is solid. I don't see a lot of raises on the turn like this with TPTK or a draw. I don't think he limps Q3 or Q4 unless it was a misclick.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with all of this. Anyways, I called it (somewhat questionably) and check/called his $15 bet on the river. He had 44. At least I didn't lose my stack like I would have a month ago in this spot.

Malachii
10-11-2005, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also if this guy hasn't gotten out of line, top pair with something like AQ, KQ, QJ, QT is suspect... would people play top pair hands like this?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think so... I think this is a very strange line indeed for a TPish type hand.

beset7
10-11-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The chief problem with this line is it puts me in kind of an ugly spot if I'm just called. I don't like check folding the turn, although I suppose this is a viable line

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. True but I like to hammer at small pots. Most turns I will have no problem check/folding. In this case, if I had BTP on the flop and turned top two. I would have led and folded to a PSR.