PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Prima?

DWarrior
10-11-2005, 02:46 AM
I decided to try Prima for the 45% rakeback. I went to the tables, and realized the 10-handed .25/.50NL (50nl-equivalent) is just like the ex-Party Skins. The lobby said 35-50%, but the VP$IP was closer to 15, PFR was less than 4, and average pots were ridiculously low.

I was doing well at first, but the went on a cold streak, had no action on my big hands and when I did they always sucked out (my KK was my biggest losing hand). Ended up down quite a bit

The rakeback was also idiotic, I got something like $3/hr 4-tabling, whereas on Party I had at least $6/hr.

Was this just variance, or is Party the only place worth playing? (or am I just really bad).

Synergistic Explosions
10-11-2005, 02:52 AM
Choreograph that post and I'll make a Broadway play out of it.

HesseJam
10-11-2005, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The rakeback was also idiotic, I got something like $3/hr 4-tabling, whereas on Party I had at least $6/hr.

Was this just variance, or is Party the only place worth playing? (or am I just really bad).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that might be a perennial problem for you since the low limit rake on Prima is way lower than compared to Party.

I suggest that you play the Cryptos instead because of their atrocious rake in low limits. Your rb will be way higher even if you get only 30% /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DWarrior
10-11-2005, 03:19 AM
Yeah but then I'll be paying more rake /images/graemlins/smile.gif My real concern was the rake computation, perhaps those were different somehow.

I don't want to pay more rake just so I can get a larger amount of money back.

Sniper
10-11-2005, 03:25 AM
The rake computation is the same!

SirArthur
10-11-2005, 03:51 AM
Last year at this time the NL 100 & NL 200 games on Prima were crazy loose. I doubled up nearly every K/K & A/A hand, and also when I hit a set. (Barring Suckouts)

I've tried Prima a few times this year, and wow, all the games are so rockish.

Like you said, maybe one person outside of the blinds seeing the flop.

I tried alot of 6 max NL on there, thinking the fish went to the SH play, and the games are equally tight.

Needless to say, I play elsewhere 99% of the time, and miss those crazy games of last year at Prima.

DWarrior
10-11-2005, 05:22 AM
What are some other easy sites with people playing?

I've heard Noble was pretty good, too bad it doesn't go with PT.

thewildone
10-11-2005, 08:49 AM
fish are at the higher limit games on prima. 1/2 and 2/4nl short handed games. And the 5/10 fixed short handed also juicy /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DuggleBogey
10-11-2005, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Choreograph that post and I'll make a Broadway play out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is DAMN funny.

Time of day really seems to be a huge impact on Prima. It's the swedish fish theory.

stoxtrader
10-11-2005, 09:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is incorrect I think.

I have understood that party calculates rake as ottal rake for the hand/# of players dealt in.

Prima: total rake for the hand * percentage of the pot you contributed, win or lose.

HavanaBanana
10-11-2005, 10:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
had no action on my big hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Do You see Why?

Anyways, rake at Prima is Rake/players contributing to the pot (does not matter how much).

ToT

Stefan_K
10-11-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is incorrect I think.

I have understood that party calculates rake as ottal rake for the hand/# of players dealt in.

Prima: total rake for the hand * percentage of the pot you contributed, win or lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a bit slow, but does this meen that at party they counted the rake dived with the pople at the tabel
and at prima its the %of rake that you yourself create.

does this also meen that 45% is like 33% at party or similar?

stoxtrader
10-11-2005, 10:17 AM
it depends on how many hands you play, both affect different players differently.

William
10-11-2005, 10:28 AM
I decided to try Prima for the 45% rakeback.
Pardon my ignorance, but where can you get 45% rakeback at prima? /images/graemlins/confused.gif
If it is a no-no to talk about this, can you please send me a PM?
Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ipp147
10-11-2005, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I decided to try Prima for the 45% rakeback.
Pardon my ignorance, but where can you get 45% rakeback at prima? /images/graemlins/confused.gif
If it is a no-no to talk about this, can you please send me a PM?
Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you go to rakerebatereview.com there are a couple of affiliates there that seem to offer this.

DuggleBogey
10-11-2005, 12:06 PM
Yeah...."up to" 45%....nothing like ad-speak in the already scummy world of rake rebates.

Sniper
10-11-2005, 12:29 PM
Stox,

In my experience, Prima is using the party method, not the contributed method.

DWarrior
10-11-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stox,

In my experience, Prima is using the party method, not the contributed method.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why does 6 hours of 2-tabling Party net $66 in rake while 8 hours of 4-tabling Prima net $38 in rake? If contribution is correct, it looks like Party is better for TAGs because we fold so much.

kylma
10-11-2005, 01:50 PM
No, they use contributed rake.
That's why the OP probably gets less rakeback there than in Party.. The problem is even worse for a tight full ring limit player..

StellarWind
10-11-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I recently asked Alex Jagodik of BetHoldem:

[ QUOTE ]
4. When a pot is raked, how is the MGR allocated among the players at the table? Does everyone who was dealt cards get an equal share or only players who contributed money to the pot? If the latter, does everyone who contributed get an equal share or is it prorated based on how much each player contributed?

[/ QUOTE ]
He replied:

[ QUOTE ]
it prorated based on how much each player contributed

[/ QUOTE ]
If you think about it, this would seem to be how the entire network divides up all rake among the various skins. The effect of this method is to lower MGR of tight players and increase MGR of loose players.

However it appears that BetHoldem (and most other Prima skins?) will credit you with a raked hand for bonus purposes if you receive cards. I think this has created much of the confusion: bonuses and <mumble> don't work the same way.

Sniper
10-11-2005, 04:02 PM
I stand corrected, assuming all the primas calculate this the same way /images/graemlins/wink.gif