PDA

View Full Version : Exciting blog update

curtains
10-11-2005, 01:53 AM
Click to read my pokerblog update where I consistantly am owned in MTTs. Forgive me for lack of poker strategy content. I will highlight every single event/game I play in from this point out and keep running totals.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/curtainspoker/

Also I use the term "exciting" quite loosely.

10-11-2005, 02:18 AM
I think that your randomization of what you will be playing for the day idea is interesting.

Also--- in your outline for adding more tables while 8-tabling the $215, you say that you every time you win $5000, you will add a table... Is this $5000 in a day, or just a cumulative $5000 profit? and how does the Party 10-table limit affect this plan (will you be playing on the skins too, or at different sites?)?

ilya
10-11-2005, 02:22 AM
Sweet, I didn't know you had a blog. Exciting!

curtains
10-11-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that your randomization of what you will be playing for the day idea is interesting.

Also--- in your outline for adding more tables while 8-tabling the $215, you say that you every time you win $5000, you will add a table... Is this $5000 in a day, or just a cumulative $5000 profit? and how does the Party 10-table limit affect this plan (will you be playing on the skins too, or at different sites?)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cumulative 5000 profit. Im not sure how Ill handle it once I hit 10 tables. I'll figure that out in future or perhaps find a way to have more than 10 open on Party. I hear its possible with some programs.

curtains
10-11-2005, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sweet, I didn't know you had a blog. Exciting!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive only had it a few days /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also while everyone is at it, its possible to bet on my USChessLeague at www.pinnaclesports.com (http://www.pinnaclesports.com)

If you somehow decide to bet, and need to know the colors of the players, they are to be found at www.uschessleague.com (http://www.uschessleague.com) as pinnacle doesn't list them yet for some reason.

EricW
10-11-2005, 02:30 AM
hey curtains, don't wanna hijack your thread but that girl that's on the cover of yoru sister's book, is that your sister? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

curtains
10-11-2005, 02:43 AM
Yes thats my sister, wearing the infamous wig that I am wearing in my pokerstars avatar. (which I should probably change sometime soon)

Exitonly
10-11-2005, 02:45 AM
boo blog looks ugly.. spicec it up a bit..

either way i'll add it into my rotation of blogs to check when 2+2 is slow.

curtains
10-11-2005, 02:51 AM
Think I have to pay money to make it prettier. Might do that at some point.

Exitonly
10-11-2005, 02:55 AM
neh uunless livejournal change policies recently, you can choose from like a dozen different 'styles'.. but gotta pay for more than that.

(btw i like the idea of your random number thing, and after i conquer the land of MTT, i might work something like that into my play)

ilya
10-11-2005, 02:58 AM
Cool idea with the randomization thing, but how come you're not using it to branch out into non-hold-'em games? Or will that be Phase 3 of your plan for poker-world domination?

curtains
10-11-2005, 03:01 AM
I will do that actually...

Femto
10-11-2005, 03:47 AM
man, i thought it was just me that was getting my ass kicked by MTTs this week :-/ hope things turn around soon for ya...

if you want a prettier blog, blogger.com, which i think is owned by google now, has some very attractive and professional looking options. livejournal is trash.

curtains
10-11-2005, 04:07 AM
Hi, its okay, 12 MTTs out of the money is basically nothing.

kevstreet
10-11-2005, 10:26 AM
I like the fact that you post your results, good or bad. Seems every other blog I read the author is endlessly crushing the game for crazy amounts of money. For some reason this makes me want to root for you even more. Good luck and start running hot so your blog will be even more interesting.

curtains
10-11-2005, 02:47 PM
I plan to lose about 500-600 tonight while playing MTT's also.

The Yugoslavian
10-11-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I plan to lose about 100-200 today while betting on stupid chess matches.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yugoslav

microbet
10-11-2005, 03:06 PM
I plan to crush the game for a crazy amount of money and post about it or else to keep quiet.

curtains
10-11-2005, 03:23 PM
hey microbet, I was actually trying to fold that old site that you set up before starting this but I couldn't (seemed like its offline now). And of course because I have the patience of a 5 year old, I couldn't wait till you were around and immediately started this one.

kevstreet
10-11-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I plan to crush the game for a crazy amount of money and post about it or else to keep quiet.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh sir

mmbt0ne
10-11-2005, 03:35 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Also while everyone is at it, its possible to bet on my USChessLeague at www.pinnaclesports.com (http://www.pinnaclesports.com)

If you somehow decide to bet, and need to know the colors of the players, they are to be found at www.uschessleague.com (http://www.uschessleague.com) as pinnacle doesn't list them yet for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see Papa curtains, and Sister curtains, but no curtains. How will I know who to bet on now? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I guess playing in your own league is a conflict of interest?

curtains
10-11-2005, 03:40 PM
Correct, I can't really play as long as I'm the commissioner, which will probably be forever. It's sad because Philly could really use me next year.

The Don
10-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Hey I am moving to Brooklyn after I graduate this year and your sister is pretty hot (from her book cover at least)... I'm sure you can hook me up. It would be nice to go out with a chick who is smarter than me for once /images/graemlins/smile.gif