PDA

View Full Version : Apparent leak when playing good Aces

bills217
10-11-2005, 12:52 AM
PT has me in the red with AQo through A10o through 2k hands, as well as A9o on down for the most part, although I will fold those more often. (To clarify, I am well in the black w/ AQs thru A10s as you might expect from fish calling nut flushes.)

Am I correct in thinking I should be in the black w/ A10o thru AQo?

My usual play is either a 3x or 4x BB raise, assuming no previous raises. When facing a raise, I generally either call or fold depending on the size, don't re-raise unless I have a good read. I play mostly 50NL 6-handed.

Is this not a big enough raise at this low level, resulting in too many callers to continuation bet a missed flop, or just too many callers in general? (My strongest suspicion) A lot of times even a 4 BB raise will get 3 callers at this level.

Other possibilities:

1) I'm running bad.
2) I'm butchering it post-flop (I really think my post-flop plays w/ these hands are pretty standard, especially considering the awful players at this low level won't pressure you after the flop very much even if they hit.)
3) Too small of a sample size (This seems unlikely to me because I'm in the black with all the other hands you'd expect, and easily in the black overall...there just seems to be a clear pattern w/ AQo thru A10o.)

Thoughts and suggestions would be much appreciated.

beset7
10-11-2005, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Am I correct in thinking I should be in the black w/ A10o thru AQo?

[/ QUOTE ]

These aren't very good hands in deep stack NLHE and it wouldn't surprise me if you are leaking money with TPTK type hands on the later streets. A dozen hands a week get posted that discuss the best lines with these kinds of hands; might want to check a few out.

FWIW, I've been in the black with offsuit unpaired cards T+ but they are not big winners.

Lucky
10-11-2005, 02:48 AM
You wont be in a horrible spot mucking AT and AJ to legitimate raises.

Allinlife
10-11-2005, 03:04 AM
dont' call preflop raises with less than AQs

post hands

boondockst
10-11-2005, 05:12 AM
2K hands isn't nearly enough of a sample, although the hands you have played should give you some idea of the merits of playing these hands to a raise, etc.