PDA

View Full Version : i got my post deleted?

stoxtrader
10-11-2005, 12:21 AM
my post was here:

I am not attempting to hi-jack this thread and I respect the forum's rules. But several posts have questioned the credibility of an offer that most on this forum know I am associated with.

We have developed the offer and the mechanisms for converting an old Party account to a new PartyPoker based on straight-forward representations with PartyPoker. The commitments that we made in our offer will be implemented in conjunction with Party Poker directly. There are no "work around" solutions involved in our offer. Accounts have already been converted doing exactly what we committed to in our offer.

it was deleted from this thread:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3633963&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1#Post3637811

BusterStacks
10-11-2005, 12:24 AM
yeah stox, we get your offer. please whore some more.

siccjay
10-11-2005, 12:57 AM
Can anyone use this method to switch Party accounts over?

mason55
10-11-2005, 01:07 AM
Where did morgant's post go?

The impartiality of the mods/2p2 is seriously starting to look bad. Delete stuff in your own paid-for forums but coming to the Internet Gambling forum and posting, then deleting it? In a forum you're not paying for? Stuff like that does not make 2p2 look good at all.

Sponger15SB
10-11-2005, 01:22 AM
I will say one thing, its fun to see all these affiliates bickering at each other...

http://www.snappypopcorn.com/images/tubs.jpg

jason_t
10-11-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to make a post like this you should state that you are in direct competition with him.

Overdrive
10-11-2005, 01:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The impartiality of the mods/2p2 is seriously starting to look bad. Delete stuff in your own paid-for forums but coming to the Internet Gambling forum and posting, then deleting it? In a forum you're not paying for? Stuff like that does not make 2p2 look good at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. It's like "Welcome to our fast food forums" but any post by Wendy's, Burger King, Taco Bell or KFC is deleted - but any post prasing McDonalds stays up and gets repeatedly praised. It's just pure BS plain and simple.

sublime
10-11-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to make a post like this you should state that you are in competition with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

As am I.

I also know that this 'mechanism' of which he speaks is not privy to his site. Other affiliates that are aware of this, are mature enough to wait until the debris settles before making public announcements on private forums (whats that called in techspeak?, oh yeah spam).

This stuff is kept quiet for a reason.

Sponger15SB
10-11-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. It's like "Welcome to our fast food forums" but any post by Wendy's, Burger King, Taco Bell or KFC is deleted - but any post prasing McDonalds stays up and gets repeatedly praised. It's just pure BS plain and simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously the Affiliate/RB forum sucks and is not in the best interest of 2+2ers. Its a sponsored forum, you're not going to get the best information and people are going to abuse their powers.

jason_t
10-11-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to make a post like this you should state that you are in competition with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

As am I.

I also know that this 'mechanism' of which he speaks is not privy to his site. Other affiliates that are aware of this, are mature enough to wait until the debris settles before making public announcements on private forums (whats that called in techspeak?, oh yeah spam).

[/ QUOTE ]

When one representative (Inthacup) makes a post saying that the prospect of rakeback isn't looking good and another representative (stoxtrader) has information going against that, it's in everyone's best interest that we hear this information so that an informed conclusion on what is really going on can be reached.

mason55
10-11-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

When one representative (Inthacup) makes a post saying that the prospect of rakeback isn't looking good and another representative (stoxtrader) has information going against that, it's in everyone's best interest that we hear this information so that an informed conclusion on what is really going on can be reached.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, 2p2 is not here for us. It is here to make the publishers money. Censoring information that isn't making them money and isn't good for the people giving them money, no matter how useful, will obviously happen without question.

I just feel bad for all the people that think 2p2 cares about the information on this board instead of the money the ads bring in. I'm not complaining, obviously they're not going to give all this away for free, but the shadowy censorship is pretty annoying.

sublime
10-11-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As am I.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see your point. I hope you can see mine. At worst several other affiliates will be offering the same type of setup, at best something even 'accepted' by Party.

The original post was not a Public Service Announcement, but a sales pitch is all i mean.

Inthacup
10-11-2005, 02:28 AM
The information stox provides in this post is of minimal use to a player. It is little more than an announcement that Stox is offering Party rakeback. Like he said, it is well known that rakeback is currently being offered. What isn't known is how safe it is or if it is official. If his approach was more informative and less of an ad, then we would have left it up.

If Stox has some official information from Party regarding rakeback, I would be happy to hear it. The fact that he's offering rakeback when affiliate managers are saying 'don't do rakeback' is NOT helpful to a player. It is dangerous. Even if he was given permission from an affiliate manager, it is clear that even the affiliate department is still unsure of how to proceed. Is now really the best time to sign up for rakeback?

I WANT Party to allow rakeback. But, Party has shown on several occasions that they do not want rakeback to be offered. Jumping into an unofficial rakeback deal is highly risky and Stox should know better than to put players at that kind of risk without more clarification.

Cup

scott8
10-11-2005, 02:32 AM
I didn't know Stox offered rakeback until this thread.

I DID KNOW that most of the "moderating" that occurs on this site is beyond hypocritical.

Carry on.

-SC

jason_t
10-11-2005, 02:36 AM
Given the nature of the forum it was posted in and the status of the moderators of that forum the motives behind deleting it are highly questionable. A significantly better alternative would have been a reply stating what what is known and a request for elaboration. We are all just hungry for as much information as possible. A lot of us are smart enough to sort it out for ourselves.

jason_t
10-11-2005, 02:37 AM
I see your point. I took his post as a counter to the doomsday oh no now it seems like we can't get rakeback posts that popped up today. He didn't even mention his site.

mason55
10-11-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The original post was not a Public Service Announcement, but a sales pitch is all i mean.

[/ QUOTE ]

How was it a sales pitch? He didn't even mention his site.

sublime
10-11-2005, 02:39 AM
Next Party Affiliate meeting:

http://www.aapn.org/sichuan%20images/zgm%20staged%20dog%20fight.jpg

sublime
10-11-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How was it a sales pitch? He didn't even mention his site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Splitting hairs.

goodguy_1
10-11-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously the Affiliate/RB forum sucks and is not in the best interest of 2+2ers. Its a sponsored forum, you're not going to get the best information and people are going to abuse their powers.

[/ QUOTE ]
you are on fire tonite sponger

Inthacup
10-11-2005, 02:48 AM
The name Stoxtrader is practically synonymous with his site. His URL is in his profile and I'm sure he's getting tons of PMs as I'm typing this. He doesn't need to mention his site to effectively advertise.

I like Stox. He seems like a good guy, and all the conversations I've had with him have been congenial. I'd like him to be a part of the A/R forum, but posts like this aren't going to fly.

Cup

10-11-2005, 02:58 AM
As I see it. If you are not a member of whatever group of affiliates paid 2+2 the rent on the A/F forum your post is gone.

I will not become a customer of any of these affiliates until they stop acting like children.

You need to identify yourself and put your offer into the open

Any vegetable knows that.

siccjay
10-11-2005, 03:02 AM
It seems to me that there is going to be a best offer that pretty much everyone affiliated with 2+2 is going to be looking for. You might as well make it openly known.

10-11-2005, 03:09 AM
I am not an affiliate of any site. Finally someone agrees with me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

10-11-2005, 03:10 AM
Your avatar is getting old.

MyTurn2Raise
10-11-2005, 03:11 AM
Everyone is out in the open...spend a few hours and read through the threads. Look at the moderators. Look at who is responding and what they are saying. It's all fairly obvious and out in the open. If you're looking at someone to rely on fo a few hundred, or thousand, in kickbacks each month , you should put in some legwork and research. Also, check other sites. Google and look around. Don't make 2+2 your only source, but weigh it in to your decision. Personally, I've found the aff/rb forum helpful. Maybe, not optimal from my perspective, but helpful.

10-11-2005, 03:36 AM
You really think so.

Someone with your username really sucks at Party $.50/1.00 O/8.

MyTurn2Raise
10-11-2005, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You really think so.

Someone with your username really sucks at Party $.50/1.00 O/8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably me, but I'm doing quite well at 2/4...go figure

stoxtrader
10-11-2005, 09:37 AM
A couple quick things.

1. We are not going to publicly disclose our arrangement on these boards, mostly for competitive reasons.

2. We do not offer [censored]. We offer player award bonuses.

3. verifying this with party may or may not satisfy many of you, basically depends who the email gets too.

4. other affiliates are understandably miffed that we are *somewhat* "first to market". I encourage them to follow suit. Some already have, some may have even beat us, but we might have cast a wider net so to speak.

lorinda
10-11-2005, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you describe the difference please?

Lori

lorinda
10-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Actually I see you cross posted this. Would you be so kind as to reply in the other thread in the correct forum.

Thanks

Lori

stoxtrader
10-11-2005, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you describe the difference please?

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

The important difference is that one is allowed. That is all I will say about this.

stigmata
10-11-2005, 09:56 AM
LOL, so everything is AOK if we call a spade a club. This whole thing is becoming rather farcical....

Sniper
10-11-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LOL, so everything is AOK if we call a spade a club. This whole thing is becoming rather farcical....

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as its a revenue stream to you, do you really care what its called? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Adam22
10-11-2005, 12:45 PM
i work with stox and it's by far the best ::cough cough:: provider that i've worked with. highly reccomended.

sthief09
10-11-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, the difference between player rewards bonuses and rakeback is clearly more like the difference between a blue diamond and a red diamond. and if you can't see the difference between a blue diamond and a red one then you're a [censored] idiot.

blue is obviously much prettier

Freudian
10-11-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The information stox provides in this post is of minimal use to a player. It is little more than an announcement that Stox is offering Party rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is it of little use to the player when previously in the thread he replied to, someone makes total opposite claims?

Everyone knows why it was deleted. It was deleted because money bought you guys the opportunity to do so.

Inthacup
10-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Did you read the first 2 sentences then stop?

[ QUOTE ]
...Like he said, it is well known that rakeback is currently being offered. What isn't known is how safe it is or if it is official. If his approach was more informative and less of an ad, then we would have left it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are some answers that would have been helpful for him to answer:

1. Have you discussed this directly with an affiliate manager
2 Are you working directly with PartyPoker or with a 3rd party
3. Do you have any confirmation that this is something that Party won't try to stop in the near future? If so, why not provide it?
4. Do you have any information on the alternative that Party is creating and how it will affect the rakeback you're giving?
5. Can I borrow $50? (http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/stoxtrader/goodshot.jpg)

From what I've seen, affiliates are blinded by the rush to grab market share and are showing little concern for the long term ramifications of their actions. Are these recent actions not a wake-up call? Party has seperated itself from the skins because of rakeback. They axed individual tracking because of rakeback. Only in the last month has the individual tracking been re-opened, but that's only for existing trackers. New trackers have to wait 60 days before the stats can be seen.

These are not the actions of a company that seems to be willing to offer rakeback under the table.

Cup

Baulucky
10-11-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
5. Can I borrow $50?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are seven capital sins: Pride, avarice, envy, wrath, lust, gluttony, and sloth.

MicroBob
10-11-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

From what I've seen, affiliates are blinded by the rush to grab market share and are showing little concern for the long term ramifications of their actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is your OPINION.
That does not make it FACT.

If Stox has a DIFFERENT opinion than you then doesn't make it incorrect.

(note - I did not see the original post that was banned....but my impression is that stox was also expressing a different opinion on this matter AND also mentioned some details WHY he thought this).

Freudian
10-11-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
...Like he said, it is well known that rakeback is currently being offered. What isn't known is how safe it is or if it is official. If his approach was more informative and less of an ad, then we would have left it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

3. Do you have any confirmation that this is something that Party won't try to stop in the near future? If so, why not provide it?
4. Do you have any information on the alternative that Party is creating and how it will affect the rakeback you're giving?
5. Can I borrow $50? (http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/stoxtrader/goodshot.jpg)

From what I've seen, affiliates are blinded by the rush to grab market share and are showing little concern for the long term ramifications of their actions. Are these recent actions not a wake-up call? Party has seperated itself from the skins because of rakeback. They axed individual tracking because of rakeback. Only in the last month has the individual tracking been re-opened, but that's only for existing trackers. New trackers have to wait 60 days before the stats can be seen.

These are not the actions of a company that seems to be willing to offer rakeback under the table.

Cup

[/ QUOTE ]

So instead of his differing view of what is happening, the only official view (in the Democratic Republic of China sense of the word) allowed on this forum is that no rakeback is available?

Why not delete the original post for the exact same reason you deleted stoxtraders? You know exactly why.

Anyway, it was inevitable that sponsor-BS would spread its taint away from the sponsored forums.

Sniper
10-11-2005, 04:17 PM
OK Cup... now here comes the tough question...

[ QUOTE ]
They axed individual tracking because of rakeback. Only in the last month has the individual tracking been re-opened, but that's only for existing trackers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did ALL the reputable rakeback affiliates immediately pay their customers the back rakeback for the time they could not see the individual trackers, once they could see them again?! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

GrannyMae
10-11-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your avatar is getting old.

[/ QUOTE ]

cup's avatar = BEST.AVATAR.EVER

what is getting old is when you can't win a debate, you resort to personal attacks like a child.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/a0/tease.gifhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/a0/tease.gifhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/a0/tease.gif

the rakeback forum is a paid advertising area of 2+2. people that don't like it should pay the fee for a forum of their own. i am sure it can be arranged.

if they don't want to pay that much, then there are very reasonable banner spots available throughout the rest of the forums.

Inthacup
10-11-2005, 04:33 PM
This is your OPINION.
That does not make it FACT.

Agreed. I am often wrong.

If Stox has a DIFFERENT opinion than you then doesn't make it incorrect.

I agree.

(note - I did not see the original post that was banned....but my impression is that stox was also expressing a different opinion on this matter AND also mentioned some details WHY he thought this).

With the way stox worded it, it's my impression that Stox reposted the original post in this thread. That is what I'm basing my comments on. If it was different, then I apologize.

I stand by my comment that you quoted in your post. It is my understanding that Party does NOT endorse these new rakeback accounts and will be taking measures to close them in the near future. It is also my understanding that Party will be creating some sort of rakeback alternative for you, the player.

This is the unofficial information that I have heard from Party. I believe that the official statement will be given tomorrow. If Stox were sharing information he had heard rather than announcing his new rakeback 'mechanism' then we would have allowed the post.

It is undeniable that Party has yet to reach an official resolution to this matter and until they do, affiliates that are currently signing players up are being reckless.

Cup

Inthacup
10-11-2005, 04:38 PM
Did ALL the reputable rakeback affiliates immediately pay their customers the back rakeback for the time they could not see the individual trackers, once they could see them again?!

I don't know, but I did.

stigmata
10-11-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did ALL the reputable rakeback affiliates immediately pay their customers the back rakeback for the time they could not see the individual trackers, once they could see them again?!

I don't know, but I did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, wow, I might be $7.57 richer!

Gonna have to contact my er, bonus equity mediator about my potential backlogged stream of player award bonuses. I'm sure he wont be too hassled or stressed right now.

lorinda
10-11-2005, 05:29 PM
bonus equity mediator

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Lori

Soleo
10-11-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party has seperated itself from the skins because of rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you meant not 'because of rakeback' but because they were losing 'sub-optimal' high-volume customers to skins. Rakeback was the reason for them going there though.

Inthacup
10-11-2005, 07:28 PM
That is correct.

Party states that they seperated the player base because they want to promote their casino platform. That may be true, but the skin/rakeback issue had to be a factor.

PrincipalSkinner
10-11-2005, 07:56 PM
You guys running that affiliate forum could be good, bad, or indifferent. I have no way of knowing, really; and yet I (and seemingly many others) have a somewhat negative attitude toward you just from your high-handed "controlling".

Yeah, yeah, I know you figure it's justified because you're paying for the forum. And I'm sure it is, if controlling is all you're after.

But assuming that you would like to generate some goodwill and additional customers in addition to the ego trip of being "in charge", do you think you're going about it in the best possible way to "win friends and influence people"?

If people are spreading false info, perhaps a better approach would be to NOT delete their posts and LOCK their threads and impose your RULES. You could, instead, post a rebuttal to info that you think is incorrect and invite the readers to wait and see who's really right. It would certainly build your credibility if you are right, and the people who may sign on with another affiliate who has misrepresented will waste no time figuring out a way to ditch the jerk and sign on with you, the good guys.

Our society may not be quite as free as we might like, but it's still free enough that people will hate anybody who tries censorship, whether they have any real interest in the matter being censored or not.

Just my two cents. If you're happy with the way your forum is going, just ignore this.

Sniper
10-11-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party states that they seperated the player base because they want to promote their casino platform. That may be true, but the skin/rakeback issue had to be a factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Party CEO also said this last month...

"...We have over 5,000 active affiliates...which is a core strength within our marketing armoury."

"...There were some very compelling reasons for us having skins when the business started, to drive player liquidity. Those compelling reasons don't exist today..."

Guthrie
10-11-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
All these sponsored forums probably sounded like a good idea going in, but it's now obvious they are worthless to the users. If 2+2 needs more revenue to run the board, I'd much rather just pay an annual fee for access and be done with all the self-serving "moderating."

stoxtrader
10-12-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cup

[/ QUOTE ]

please at least give me some credit (http://www.thisisthenuts.com/forum/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=25&MessageID=255)

bottomset
10-13-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cup

[/ QUOTE ]

please at least give me some credit (http://www.thisisthenuts.com/forum/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=25&MessageID=255)

[/ QUOTE ]

that's all from Sept?? insane

gila
10-13-2005, 12:22 AM
That's sick!

Lloyd
10-13-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The information stox provides in this post is of minimal use to a player... It is dangerous.

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone may post in MTT that you should fold Aces if a bunch of people go all-in in front of you to avoid busting out, but I'm not going to delete the post even if I think it's dangerous and of minimal value. Buyer beware. Present both sides and let people make up their own mind. I understand that a direct link or advertisement should be removed (but not the entire post) but beyond that I think (almost) anything goes. And if somebody is truly attacking an offer he's making or his business ethics than he should certainly have a chance to address the remarks and explain what he's doing.

10-13-2005, 12:48 AM
As a customer of Stox, I can say with all honesty that he is very very good as an affiliate. He is also very helpful on the TITN message boards.

Honestly, from my dealings with him, he would get my business at a few % less then the competition. He pays on time, every time (usually sooner). He also responds to support requests very quickly.

I would highly recommend him. PM me if you have any questions.

Margon

(I don't have any associate with the site, other than as a user)

NLSoldier
10-13-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cup

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's all from Sept?? insane

[/ QUOTE ]

its not all from sept....he said it was a continuation of his last one which i believe started around june.

_And1_
10-13-2005, 06:41 PM
"pay their customers the back rakeback for the time they could not see the individual trackers, once they could see them again?! "

Good point, but know for myself that i divided it during the time beeing, the players played with the existing cricumstances and was satisified with that. As the money is spent (on the players) the affiliate cant hardly be asked to devide them once more... /images/graemlins/confused.gif